[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if natives had learned to make steel from the norse, adapted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

if natives had learned to make steel from the norse, adapted their military tactics,and the whole continent had overall advanced to the iron age, would it have made a difference later?
>>
>>1859252
No
>>
The guns and steel parts of guns steel and germs is a meme.
Disease made literally all the difference. It wouldn't have mattered if their weaponry and tactics were somehow superior to the Europeans because smallpox was a fucking extinction level event to the natives.
>>
File: IMG_9516.jpg (60KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9516.jpg
60KB, 333x499px
They still wouldn't have resistance to old world diseases because of lack of domestication. Europe had unique environmental factors that caused its inhabitants to grow into some of the greatest civilizations on Earth. Read this book if you get the chance.
>>
>>1859267
>>1859277
but what if they also got a smallpox from them? after 500 years the population would had grown back and they would had developed an immunity comparable to europeans.
>>
>>1859252
A big difference. They already got horses, and horses spread all over North America. Metallurgy would spread like wild fire, and they would make metal weapons.

I'm going to sound controversial, but there's little to no difference between Native Americans and Europeans, except the availability of trade. If natives had the silk road, they'd be competitors, and I wouldn't even be born. In fact, the less Europeans that came over, the more the Native population could build up a tolerance to worldwide diseases.
>>
>>1859287
This is retarded. Think about how stupid your question is.
>if natives didn't have all the technological disadvantages and were also not ravaged by disease and also knew how to fight Europeans what would have happened?
Obviously they wouldn't have been fucking colonized then. Did you really need to start a thread to get this question answered?
>>
>>1859291
>little to no difference except trade
This. But also they were capable of building large complex structures just like European cathedrals but the lack of stone just makes them appear less impressive to our modern eyes.
Some native civilizations are severely underrated
>>
>>1859287
Lol that one small tribe that the norse contact would have to conquer the rest of the continent and spread it progeny all around. Unless then, I don't think these tribes were connected enough to spread an immunity that fast in 500 years. Maybe 3000 years. Besides, what if this hypothetical smallpox the Norse give them causes another non stop death spree and weakens the population even more.
>>
>>1859309
> I don't think these tribes were connected enough to spread an immunity that fast in 500 years

Sure they were. The disease itself spread everywhere within like 5-10 years.
>>
>>1859287
If you're suggesting that the injuns somehow have greater numbers than Europe, better military tactics, and more advanced weaponry than in real life, then yes, they'd probably be fine
>>
>>1859291
True. It's easy to answer questions of why the natives were conquered by asserting that white people must be genetically superior, but it's very far from that. I reckon that if the native americans evolved in Europe and white people evolved in America, today the world would be predominantly native american.
>>
>>1859350
They didn't even need greater numbers than all of europe, just pre-disease numbers would have made settling much more difficult.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.