[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Galicia and celtic regions\nations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: Mapa-Galícia.png (40KB, 381x383px) Image search: [Google]
Mapa-Galícia.png
40KB, 381x383px
What do you guys think about Galicia region?
Should it became a celtic nation despite the fact that they lost their old language?
In a sense, it's one of the most celtic influenced regions in Europe
>>
File: Galicia_1897_1.jpg (952KB, 2260x1163px) Image search: [Google]
Galicia_1897_1.jpg
952KB, 2260x1163px
That's not Galicia. Galacia is the country in the bottom left of Kievan Rus.
>>
>>1857559
>>
File: bienmeme.png (782KB, 1470x462px) Image search: [Google]
bienmeme.png
782KB, 1470x462px
>>1857559
>>
>>1857547
Probably not much of a point if the people living there identify more as Spaniards rather than Celts
>>1857559
>bottom left
>>
>>1857571
>2016
>using north, south, east, and west
lmao retard
>>
>>1857571
Well, they celebrate quite gladly their celtic heritage. They used to celebrate it even more in the past when they had a strong independentist party but they were are all slain by Franco (ironically, Franco was a galician himself)
>>
>>1857580
He was born in Galicia but he was Andalusian.
>>
lol

Reminds me of that one Polandball where the countries combine into a super-mecha

>Ireland

STANDING BY

>Scotland

READY

>Wales

LET'S DO THIS

>Isle of Man

AWAITING ORDERS

>Cornwall

HERE I AM LADS

>Brittany

Can I play too?

*sigh*

>I guess we DO need the whole gang for this one...

>Galicia

AND DON'T FORGET-

[chorus]

FUCK OFF GALICIA!!
>>
>>1857584
Ah, didn't know that part.
Thanks for the correction
>>
>>1857587
They are just mad because people they don't want to believe that there are people named Pedro with links to celtic culture
>>
File: galicia.png (185KB, 1128x4237px) Image search: [Google]
galicia.png
185KB, 1128x4237px
>>1857587
also, i find this one even funnier
>>
File: slide_14.jpg (66KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
slide_14.jpg
66KB, 960x720px
>>1857611
But the north of Spain is (probably) more Celtic than some other Celtic nations. Especially Galicia and Asturias.
>>
>>1857862
>But the north of Spain is (probably) more Celtic than some other Celtic nations. Especially Galicia and Asturias.
No, they're Latin
>>
>>1857869
yeah, and bretons are latin, Irish are anglo and so on...
>>
Iberians have very little to do with insular celts. The gauls where closer but still very different, celts are not one homogenous group. I don't get what Galicia has to do with the Irish, welsh, cornish, scottish and betons which is really just a Briton club or insular celts club.
>>
>>1859210
>yeah, and bretons are latin, Irish are anglo and so on...
not true btw.

Galicia is and has always been a nation of Latin origin. They are not a native ethnicity who have become hispanophone like several South American ethnicities have. Galicia has always been a Latin ethnicity. Not comparable to Bretons at all

Galicia is sometimes considered part of the Celt Club because there was a British colony there fleeing the Anglo-Saxons. That's pretty much the only thing separating it from other formerly Celtic places.
>>
File: 200px-Britonia6hcentury.png (44KB, 200x351px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Britonia6hcentury.png
44KB, 200x351px
>>1859329
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britonia
>>
File: explain-1.png (254KB, 1739x1446px) Image search: [Google]
explain-1.png
254KB, 1739x1446px
>>1857559
Fuck you, I specifically came to post the same thing.
>>
Pois o galego e ben bonito rapás
>>
>La Coruña
>La
>Orense

Triggered
>>
>>1857571
great fishermen supposedly.

There are two gallicias one is older than the other. The other is a strategic name. Kings solomons temple was called al aqsa mosque because it was the farthest point on the mediterranean, from its entry. Meaning whoever possessed the entry way was the most powerful ruler in middle earth. So celts were at war with other tribes and civilizations in the lands beyond the forest.
>>
>>1859389
In no where near the numbers and had very little long term impact. England has a better claim to join than galacia. I am not distributing they are "celtic/celtiberian" merely that they have little in common with the scottish,irish etc.
>>
>>1859433
Galicia*
>>
>>1859329
The celts of the isles are what one may call 'Goidelics'. Celts being a huge language family.
>>
>>1859433
>In no where near the numbers and had very little long term impact. England has a better claim to join than galacia.
Sure, but it's still what differentiates them, as well as a couple of Irish origin myths

> I am not distributing they are "celtic/celtiberian"
They are not celtic or celtiberian, it's a meme. They're latin and you're right in saying they have exactly nothing to do with the Insular Celts.
>>
>North Spain is not Celtic

I-it's not like we want in or anything...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs2oKFHVl5A

When you look up "Celtic nations" among them is Galicia, but not always Asturias.
>>
>>1859610
Well, excuse me but when a region has dolmens everywhere, ruins of celtic villages, towns named after celtic gods (ex: Lugo), words of celtic origin (such as brio, minhoca, cervexa, etc), folkloric celtic music...

Well, i know that /pol/tards have a hard time realising celts aren't exactly a racial group but they are a culture wich is present in this particular region of north-west Spain
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.