[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the greatest general? >Share your favorites and why.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: i28701ob.jpg (384KB, 1176x1172px) Image search: [Google]
i28701ob.jpg
384KB, 1176x1172px
Who was the greatest general?
>Share your favorites and why.
>>
File: Belisarius_mosaic.jpg (694KB, 1104x1160px) Image search: [Google]
Belisarius_mosaic.jpg
694KB, 1104x1160px
This man is the personification of autism
>>
>>1857244
Im guessing that's not a favorite then? haha
>>
>>1857251
No, it is a favorite, he was up to all sorts of antics, it's pretty gr8 in my onion desu
>>
>>1857256
What did he do that made him so great?
>>
File: image.jpg (401KB, 990x1400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
401KB, 990x1400px
>>1857242
pic related
>>
>>1857260
Conquering all of North Africa and Italy with extremely limited resources
>>
>>1857292
Not the best though come on
>>
File: E946-1.jpg (122KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
E946-1.jpg
122KB, 700x526px
Probably Marius for so much reformation , but I really like Lucius Siccius Dentatus:
"Siccius had fought in 120 battles, received 45 honorable wounds and several civic crowns; in addition, he won the Grass Crown. Siccius was eight times champion in single combat, with forty five scars on the front of his body and none on the rear, he is reported to have been awarded no less than eighteen hastae purae, twenty-five phalerae, 83 torques, more than 160 armillae, and twenty six coronae, of which fourteen were coronae civicae awarded for saving the life of a Roman citizen, eight coronae aureae, three coronae murales, and one corona obsidionalis or corona graminea, the highest honour for valour, awarded for the deliverer of a besieged army."
Anyone getting a Grass Crown goes right up to the top in my mind.
>>
>>1857310
This thread is about favorites, not objective bests
>>
>>1857317
Very true my apologies.
>>
>>1857314
You speak of single combat.
Is this when a general fights another soldier in a duel?
>It may sound like a stupid question
>>
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh Frederick II was bredy gud. But im gonna have to go with Suvorov cus he beat the mudslimes so much and i hate islam
>>
>>1857327
Definitely not a stupid question. Someone can correct me, but I think it's talking about this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spolia_opima
where he fights an opposing general for his arms, armor, standard, etc.
>>
>>1857383
Thankyou, Is this normal practice?
I have learned about roman history before but I was never told about this
>>
>>1857413
Ive heard it referenced a couple places, I think it was a lot more common in the old republic, but I'll have to poke around for the actual sources.
>>
>>1857428
Well thank you anon I'm going to use him in my project and research a bit more about him. I will make sure to give a /his/ shout out to you guys at the end
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.