[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admiral Bucock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Bucock.jpg (86KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
Bucock.jpg
86KB, 639x479px
Why is he renembered as a hero again? He led hundreds of thousands of men to their deaths for his pride and muh democracy.
>>
>>1856889
>>/a/
>>
>>1856889
Always remember it's a jap show. I assumed the entire fleet was ready to die to because muh honour.
>>
So did Reinhardt.
>>
SO WHAT?
>>
>>1856889
The men fought voluntarily.
>>
>>1857565
/a/ isn't interested in this you fucking newfag.

order of board relevance to LoGH:
>/m/
>/his/
>/tv/
>/a/

as for OP's question, he was seen as a hero by people who liked democracy because he defended democracy from imperialism, and because he won some battles where he was drastically outnumbered by his opponents.
>>
File: frustrated.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
frustrated.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>1857851
Don't forget /jp/
>>
Because democracy needs to justify those deaths in order to perpetuate itself. When those lives are too valuable to lose, democracy crumbles just like any other being that has been fought to the point of collapse. The state is maintained by the energies and activities of the people. If these citizens do not work to maintain the state, the state will not exist. The state must work to impress upon the minds of the people its importance. Tales of heroism and honor in the name of an abstract ideal like freedom are the only things that keep people who aren't desperate signing up for military service.
This is why the Alliance lost. It failed to live up to its ideals. People had better lives in the Empire under Reinhard following his reforms. In the end, only a few diehards who can't function outside of the military choose to stay on in the Free State of Iserlohn or whatever it's called--because there were not enough people who could feel the reality and necessity of these ideas left on the side of democracy.
>>
File: 1447992857305.jpg (80KB, 636x471px) Image search: [Google]
1447992857305.jpg
80KB, 636x471px
>>1857917
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.