[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Mob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (120KB, 600x733px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 600x733px
Did you need to be 100% Italian to join the Italian-American Mafia or just part Italian?
>>
Non Italians were associates, full blooded Italians were the only ones allowed to be "made", though later on they relaxed it to where you only need an Italian father (John Gotti Junior's mother was jewish)
>>
Do this fags even exist anymore?

I'm from New York and suddenly all our criminals seem to be Russian, Chinese or Hispanic
>>
No but you needed to be 100% jewish
>>
>>1856413
You didn't need to be any part Italian to work jobs for made men, you had to be 100% Italian to be a made man.
>>
>>1856439
Because Italians aren't the immigrants anymore
>>
File: IMG_1742.jpg (89KB, 970x976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1742.jpg
89KB, 970x976px
>>1856413
Remove Spaghetti
>>
>>1856439
Yeah they're still around. But they own so many totally legitimate businesses, are a lot less murderous and are so well integrated into the NYC political machine they're very hard to notice. There was a massive bust earlier this year.
>>
>>1856439
Yes, but they're much weaker and smaller than before. They do a lot of white collar crime now. Embezzlement and other shit like that.
>>
>>1856451
Who's this?
>>
>>1856547
Whitey Bulger. Irish boss of Boston who manipulated the FBI into taking out the Italian mob there.
>>
>>1856413
>100% italian
Get on the game, meme-farter. If you wanted to join some mafia where the founders was from the same sicilian village, then you had to come from or descend from the very same village.
>>
>>1856439
That's the entire point of The Sopranos
>>
>>1856439
they're still fairly active, although not as powerful as they during the 60's and 70's.

much of the illegal gambling/bookmaking is still controlled by them iirc.
>>
>>1856572
lel that's not true
>>
Italian mob was the muscle
Jewish mob was the brain.
>>
>>1856439
Yes, there are tons of them. I live in NJ and there's millions of dollars flowing through mob hands thanks to illegal gambling, tax evasion, and money laundering. The members I've met are pretty much exclusively Italian and it seems it's still a "family affair", so I don't doubt it's still all Italian.

However they aren't as murderous as they used to be back in the day. You don't hear about mob violence very much anymore because it's just not profitable. Very rarely do Vinny and Charlie go break someone's kneecaps anymore, people tend to either pay their debts or get "repossessed".
>>
>>1856795
Also to add to this, a lot of the people who used to be mobsters/whose ancestors were mobsters are just politicians now. Most of the people who WOULD be in the mob today if it were still as popular are just part of the political mob instead. It's a lot cleaner and more profitable that way. Better to get elected to some councillor position and make money by giving your cousin contracts than to sell drugs or some shit. The gangs undercut them so much it's not worth it. Most mob activity today is actually either above-board or related to illegal gambling.
>>
>>1856743
And the Irish mob were the cops
>>
>>1856439
Yes
>>
>>1856430
Oh thank fuck there's still hope
>>
>>1856711
Not from the same village but from Sicily yeah, then it became just Italian, and if that one anon is correct now it's 50% on father's side
>>
>>1856430

When your father is the one running the mob, the requirements to join are a little "different"
>>
Italians are considered white now so they no longer allowed to have strong organized crime syndicates. It would be racist for them to do so. Only minorities can do that nowadays.
>>
>>1856439
Yeah, they went mostly legit like in the old days. They usually disappear for a few decades after being under the spotlight. Just remember, American unions are legal extortion rackets ("Cut us 10% or whatever of your paycheck and you get to work here").
>>
>>1856430
> (John Gotti Junior's mother was jewish)
Wouldn't that let him join jewish mafia?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.