[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

andrew jackson jihad changed my worldview lol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: d.jpg (51KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
51KB, 360x360px
andrew jackson jihad changed my worldview
lol
>>
>>1852978
> andrew jackson jihad
Its AJJ now shitlord
>>
>and I can get a girl pregnant, and just as easily flee
>just like my straight, white male dad did with me

More like White Genocide Jihad.
>>
>>1853035
wtf I hate white men now
>>
>In 2016, the band officially changed their name from "Andrew Jackson Jihad" to AJJ (a moniker that many of their fanbase had been using to refer to them for several years). In a statement on the bands website, Bonnette wrote "1.) We are not Muslims, and as such, it is disrespectful and irresponsible for us to use the word jihad in our band’s name. 2.) We no longer wish to be a living reminder of president Andrew Jackson. Interesting historical figure as he was, he was an odious person and our fascination with him has grown stale."

Funny how a few sentences can give you complete insight into the worldview of people you never heard of before.
>>
>>1853051
so basically tumblr: the band
>>
>The amazing journey of the perverted, passive-agressive, alcoholic white numale

Amazing how it really, really speaks to me
>>
File: titus-andronicus-the-monitor.jpg (94KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
titus-andronicus-the-monitor.jpg
94KB, 600x600px
>>1853051
Except Andrew Jackson is edgy teenager's first favorite president. The fact they've moved away from him shows they've grown up as human beings.

Name a better /his/ tier album than pic related.
Protip: You can't.
>>
File: gramsci.gif (34KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
gramsci.gif
34KB, 214x235px
>>1853051
It's also funny how complete the leftist cultural hegemony got in a few years.

Back in 2004, it wasn't controversial for a bunch of young liberals to form a band called "Andrew Jackson Jihad". I imagine they choose the name "Andrew Jackson" because they are a folk band, and Andrew Jackson was a president associated with rural people, specially Scotch-Irish Americans, while "jihad" has a punky feel to it, slightly offensive, but that's what punk is about, right?

Not anymore. Now using the name "Jihad" in your band is cultural appropriation, and punks are all about conforming to the establishment, so that can't be allowed. And Andrew Jackson has become "literally Hitler", so he has to go too.
>>
>>1853068
>change their name not to offend muslims
>shitting on based Andrew "the bank killer" Jackson

ya nah this is standard white guilt c*ckoldry
>>
>>1853084
pc punks are a disgrace and it's hilarious/sad how this has become the norm
>>
>>1853084
I wonder what band will change its name next? Deerhunter because deer hunting is animal cruelty? Maybe the SJW takover of heavy metal subculture will make Blind Guardian change its name because it's too ableist.

I think "Someone Still Loves you Boris Yeltsin" is safe. Boris Yeltsin, though a terrible President of Russia, is still highly regarded in certain Western circles, specially compared to Putin.
>>
>>1853068
>edgy teenager's first favorite president

Terrible human being, most certainly, but he fucking ruled if you're into hilariously (and disturbingly) over-the-top national leaders.
>>
>>1853119
President Jackson's legacy is certainly marred by his treatment of the Indians which was brutal even for his time. However, it's important to remember that Old Hickory knew first hand how brutal the natives themselves could be. His treatment of the natives aside, he genuinely cared about the American people and especially the uneducated underclass out of which he had risen much to the chagrin of the D.C. politicos who never let him forget his humble origins.
>>
>>1853154
>he genuinely cared about the American people

Like all populists. The Founding Fathers wanted to avoid Jackson's populism just as much as they wanted to escape from aristocracy. 19th century America was all about that balancing act.
>>
>>1853207
That may be true but we're debating his character not his politics. To condemn him as a "terrible terrible person" because of the way he treated the red man is uncharitable and overlooks the more noble aspects of his character. He was beloved by the men who served under him in 1812 and was tremendously loyal to his friends (Van Buren won the presidency thanks in large part to Jackson).
>>
>>1853035
great album and instrumentation, that song had terrible lyrics tho
>>
People That Can Eat People is the only good album by these retarded cucklords
>>
>>1853265
>To condemn him as a "terrible terrible person" because of the way he treated the red man is uncharitable and overlooks the more noble aspects of his character
And praising him as an all around good guy ignores the way he drove multiple cultures out of their homeland against the decision of the Court and proceeded to put them through what can only be called attempted genocide. And this is coming from someone who gets very annoyed when literally any event or circumstance that lead to a large number of Indians dying is labelled as genocide when it should just be called a plague or two cultures competing over land. But the Trail of Tears was pretty damn close to genocide.

>He was beloved by the men who served under him in 1812
sure

>and was tremendously loyal to his friends
yeah, to the point that he's creditted with the introduction of the "Spoils" system which is basically the kind of shady politics and favor-trading that populists now hate.

>>1853154
>it's important to remember that Old Hickory knew first hand how brutal the natives themselves could be
Yes, he had a deep-seated prejudice and hatred for a large assortment of people, one that lead him to drive those people thousands of miles leading to thousands of dead. THAT is brutality beyond anything he could have ever imagined any Indian doing to him or anyone he knew.

I'm not whining about the poor injuns dindu nuffin, native tribes massacred each other plenty and I find it no worse when whites do it, but you're passing this off as one bad thing when it was a mass act of violence.

Ultimately I'm not offended by someone liking him or using his name, and I like a lot of his politics in a roundabout way, but he was a pretty shitty guy if we're speaking purely about ethics and morals.
>>
>>1853581
No, Knife Man is their best album, by a pretty huge margin.
>>
>>1853783
You're fixated on the way he treated the Indians which I've already conceded has tarnished his legacy. I'm not saying he was a saint but to dismiss him entirely because of the way he handled the natives says more about your own politics than Jackson's character. The fact that he was honored by having his portrait featured on the $20 bill is evidence that he was a beloved president. Of course in 21st century SJW Fagmerica, harsh treatment of non-whites has become an unforgivable sin so they had to remove Jackson from our currency and replace him with a strong African-American womyn like Harriet Tubman. So I get it, the zeitgeist is completely on your side and it needs to throw Jackson under the PC bus because he was mean to the Indians. However you will admit that this overall negative re-evaluation of Jackson's legacy is a recent phenomenon and that prior to the ascent of identity politics Jackson was rated among the top presidents (if you don't believe me, here's a link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2015/02/16/new-ranking-of-u-s-presidents-puts-lincoln-1-obama-18-kennedy-judged-most-over-rated/ tl;dr Jackson is in the top 10)

So go ahead and crucify him over the Trail of Tears, you'll have a chorus of academics agreeing with you. But for those of us who haven't bought into the whole white guilt charade Jackson will remain as a towering figure in American history who was instrumental in shaping the modern presidency and whose genuine love for the American people outweighs his crimes against the Indians.
>>
>>1853882
Taking him off the 20 is hardly the worst insult you could do to the man. He oversaw the dissolution of the Federal Reserve and hated national banks with a passion.
>>
I don't have to agree with em to like their music from time to time.
>>
>>1853903
Im glad people like you still exist
>>
>>1853896
I'm aware of that and I only bring it up to point out that Jackson's reputation has been mostly positive prior to rise of SJWism.
>>
>>1853100
Viet Cong changed their name because the daughter of some bourgeois Vietnamese who lost their land threw a birch fit
>>
>>1853882
>So I get it, the zeitgeist is completely on your side and it needs to throw Jackson under the PC bus because he was mean to the Indians
I said quite the opposite. I've never advocated anyone's image be removed from anything, too close to plain whitewashing of history for my tastes. I overall like Jackson as a president in large part because he fought the Bank tooth and nail. But morally, as I said, I think he was a bad dude, he had a strong prejudice and people died because of it.

>harsh treatment of non-whites has become an unforgivable sin
the race is irrelevant, people died.

> However you will admit that this overall negative re-evaluation of Jackson's legacy is a recent phenomenon
Of course, did I say anything to the contrary?

>prior to the ascent of identity politics Jackson was rated among the top presidents
I'd put him on my personal top 10 as well. I don't take morals into account when judging a past historical figure, particularly from a purely political perspective and as someone from the same country.

>you'll have a chorus of academics agreeing with you
I doubt it based on the way I've qualified it, but I assure you I'll loath any moment the type of academics you're referring to praise something I do.

>white guilt
Again, it isn't about race. I'm not a racist, Indian lives matter no more or less to me than any other.

>who was instrumental in shaping the modern presidency
I don't think this can be debated. Plenty of people say Jackson was evil and shouldn't be praised, I've never heard anyone claim he was irrelevant.

>whose genuine love for the American people outweighs his crimes against the Indians
Are the two even really related? Can one really cancel out the other? Can't he be someone who did good and bad things? I'll never understand this desire to find a moral "sum". The good does not erase the bad, nor the bad the good.
>>
>>1854047
>Indian lives matter no more or less

So this is essentially the crux of your argument and as noble as it may be, it is a modern perspective that would not have found wide currency in the 19th century. Having said that, it wasn't like Indians were seen as completely inhuman either and as I've said for the umpteenth time the way Jackson treated the natives was brutal even by 19th century standards. However to condemn his character based on 21st century morals is unfair and is representative of the PC revisionism that has become the norm in academic circles. If you're going to call Jackson a bad person because his policies lead to the deaths of innocent people then I hope you're prepared to throw most other historical leaders into that category as well.

And obviously every human being has positive and negative elements to their character and no one (except Jesus) has lived a sinless life. But it is the nature of history to simplify a figure's legacy to being either overall "good or bad." In my opinion, Jackson was overall a good person (by 19th century standards) despite his missteps in handling the natives.
>>
File: sidviciousnazishirt.png (307KB, 339x500px) Image search: [Google]
sidviciousnazishirt.png
307KB, 339x500px
>>1853084
>punks are all about conforming to the establishment
>>1853093
>pc punks are a disgrace and it's hilarious/sad how this has become the norm

Sid shits on these fags.
>>
1. Get the fuck over yourself
2. Stop being a sanctimonious faggot
3. Just fucking stop already
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!1!
>>
>>1855620
Out of all the people who have ever stepped on this earth, has there been anyone edgier than sid vicious?
>>
File: Punching Pepe.gif (824KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
Punching Pepe.gif
824KB, 785x757px
>>1855924
me
>>
>>1852978
>we will never get edgelord AJJ again
feels bad man, I just want songs like ladykiller and you don't want to fuck with me again
>>
Viet Cong changed my worldview lol
Every single time they tried to have a show north of Virginia there were protesters. Being 20 must really suck right now
>>
>>1853035
>implying this song isn't white pride: the song
>>
File: Gemini8.jpg (926KB, 2722x2722px) Image search: [Google]
Gemini8.jpg
926KB, 2722x2722px
>>1855998
What makes you think you even know what White Pride is?
>>
>>1855963

RIP Reimer
>>
does /his/ have the biggest overlap with /mu/
>>
>>1857566
that would be /tv/, friendo.
>>
I tried listening to these guys and felt like I was listening to what would happen if Michael Cera headed a band. Not impressed at all.

If you want good folk punk, check out Mischief Brew.
>>
What kind of creature can be changed fundamentally by music
>>
>>1857635
People that can be emotionally affected by emotionally charged products of other humans?
>>
>>1857635
the Protodevlin
>>
>>1857641
Sounds gay
>>
>>1857635
A stupid one
>>
>>1853207
Populism is a meme made by elitist so that the underclass actually thinks they aren't suppose to be pandered to.
>>
>>1857651
I don't know whether i should be proud or ashamed that i get that reference... but the zentradi where not protodevlin iirc and they too were heavily influenced by music
>>
>>1853100
The movie Deerhunter was even at the time of release considered to be über evil literally Triumph of the Will 2.0.
>>
>>1853035
>male dad

What have I been missing on recently?
>>
>>1853918
I listen to mos def and he seems to be a retarded afrocentrist. Still more intellectual than most rappers...
>>
>>1858627
>he doesn't understand how commas work

Please stop posting.
>>
>>1857943
This so much
There's literally nothing wrong with populism
>>
>>1853882
He didn't dismiss him entirely at all. He's just mentioning that like most historical figures, he has negative and positive events that surround who he was as a person.
>>
>>1853035
But my white gay dad got my mom pregnant. Do I have a get out of privilege card?
>>
>>1858942
Only if daddy ficky fickied you as a child.
>>
>>1853058

yes, there songs are literally about their crippling white guilt

upper middle class suburbanites who went to private school and think their milquetoast existence is the exact same for every other white person
>>
>>1855924

Lemmy alwaysed dressed as an SS+union general all the time

he was also a big time history buff as well
>>
File: 14712130498468416544.jpg (68KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
14712130498468416544.jpg
68KB, 500x465px
>>1853084

Le Tigre literally made a propaganda song endorsing Hillary Clinton for president and they removed all comments and likes because they were getting ripped to shreds for it. Not just from Trump fanboys, but once fans of theirs and punk fans calling them out for this gay bullshit

I guess songs like "Holiday in Cambodia" and "Guilty of being White" dont really mesh well with prissy middle class goobers LARPing as "edgy punks"
>>
>>1859378
I used to be "punk" in the late '90s early 2000s. Shit like this is why I sold out.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.