[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philosophical puzzle for you: What must be the ultimate goal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.jpg (30KB, 999x999px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
30KB, 999x999px
Philosophical puzzle for you:

What must be the ultimate goal of the pure nihilist, and why?
>>
To suck massive cock
>>
>>1852915

Being a nihilist means not having to waste your time wondering empty riddles such as "what is best in life?"
>>
>>1852915
To maintain the illusion that there is no purpose in a world where people can choose whatever purpose they want and accepting nihilistic philosophy is now absolutely a purpose for him
>>
>>1852915
Escape nihilism. Nihilism sucks.
>>
>>1852915
To delve deeper into the foundations of reality and discover the mechanisms that make reality. In doing so, a nihilist get's closer to the core fundamental truth of reality which will either affirm the nihilist's world-view or act as revelation.

Why do this? Because Plato/Descartes/Kant and the question of whether we truly know something.
>>
>>1852915
Anything they want.
>>
Stupid question: Can there be something in nothing? No-thing still has -thing so can there be and not be? Can you still be and not be?? Can nothing BE? I should just kms....over thinking at times makes me go mad....
>>
>>1853297
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>1853314

> o-oh shit, i cant answer that question, that dilemma doesnt exist anymore because i told him to fuck off the reddit

>>>/an hero/
>>
>>1853347
its not the question its that painfully unsuccesful attempt at trying to phrase it like a cartoon character

you dont need to jump to conclusions so strongly anon
>>
>>1852915
Goals and nihilism are mutually exclusive, unless you adhere to meme-tier teenage nihilism.

A goal implies meaning and nihilism denies meaning. The only logical consistent stance for a nihilist to take is paralytic apathy leading to eventual passive suicide through neglecting to eat, drink, or come in out of the rain.
>>
>>1852915
Literally nothing

Its either death or the pursuit of infinity which you know to be impossible
>>
>>1852915
>someone being a nihilist
I hate this meme

Nihilism is a state in which you have no values. Nietzsche was using it to describe the de facto "value" system in place after the old system had fallen out of use but before a new system was introduced (an ubermensch was someone who could see past the nihilism around him and form a new value system).

Nihilism is as much a philosophy as unconscious agnosticism is a religion.
>>
>>1853366
What's funny is your understanding of nihilism is probably closer to a meme-tier teenage understanding.

Nihilism (there's a bunch of different kinds actually) is an understanding there is no externally valid objective substance to certain concepts. So existential nihilism asserts there is no externally valid meaning to existence; a moral nihilist does the same with morality; a mereological nihilist asserts that no physical object can be considered objectively to be a part or component of another object, or even definitely a specific object.

This doesn't mean that you can't have subjectively valid interpretations of these concepts.

>>1853819
This goes to you too. You can have values as a nihilist. They're just not externally valid. Nietzsche was a nihilist (inb4 asshurt) because he didn't consider to be objective universal meaning or morals, his point was that you can overcome this and embrace subjective meaning or morality.
>>
>>1853841
>Nietzsche was a nihilist
He hated nihilism and you've never read anything of him besides wikipedia.

>objective universal meaning or morals
What does "objective" meaning have to do nihilism? Nihilism is the total rejection of meaning.

>embrace subjective meaning or morality.
He wrote just as much on attempting to rewrite all current Values of his time. Sadly he was lost before he could complete this. It would have saved so much trouble with people understanding him.
>>
>>1853858
>He hated nihilism and you've never read anything of him besides wikipedia.

Here's the asshurt. I already explained how he was a nihilist, his hatred of it is immaterial.

>What does "objective" meaning have to do nihilism?

As in there is no meaning that isn't a strictly subjective one: IE reality has no meaning or universal morality, only individuals do in a strictly subjective fashion.

>Nihilism is the total rejection of meaning.

No, it isn't, it's a rejection of externally valid objective meaning, morals, structures, politics, knowledge, etc. Depending on the type you're talking about. A sure-fire way to tell if someone doesn't know what they're talking about when it comes to nihilism is if they considered it one big grab-bag of things, rather than a bunch of specific beliefs denying the objective validity of certain things.

>He wrote just as much on attempting to rewrite all current Values of his time.

But none the less rejected external objective values.
>>
>>1852915
to deny his perceptions have any meaning

ofc you can't

so people can only strive for nihilism
>>
>>1853898
>I already explained how he was a nihilist
In the sense that everyone living in the modern world who doesn't create a new value system or adopt one that some other modern person has created, sure, he like most people was a nihilist.
>>
>>1853898
He was a nihilist in the fact that he said that our current values are being corrupted and hijacked
and there's a need to make new values to adhere to becuase he thought that falling into the depths of atheism could lead to an inescapable nihilism.
>>
>>1853898
>>1853960
And saying we need to reconsider and make new values/meanings isn't nihilsim
its progressive mind set, and possibly revisionist.
>>
Does stoicism make a good companion to nihilism or have I completely misunderstood both?
>>
I saw a decent argument that a true nihilist's only worthy pursuit is immortality, but I can't remember the details. It was on this board, too.
>>
>>1852915

Death

Due to the fact that nothing in this world matters.
>>
>>1856627

Why would death be chosen over eternity?
>>
>>1852915
The ultimate goal is becoming a blank slate, from which you should rebuild your own ideals. Long term nihilism just leads to suicide.
>>
>>1852915
>must
t. nihilist
>>
>>1852915
Nothing.
There is no goal.
>>
>>1853155
nice appeal to authority
>>
>>1852915
no goal
>>
File: 15 - 1.png (258KB, 506x419px) Image search: [Google]
15 - 1.png
258KB, 506x419px
>>1852915
Death metal.
>>
File: Nuke.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nuke.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>1852915
The goal of the nihilist is to fedora their way through life by saying there is no meaning, yet not acting like there is no meaning. A true pure nihilist would kill themselves from the depression that nihilism brings.

Pure nihilist life in a nutshell:
>be me
>nothing matters, am nihilist.
>go to nihilist club, for smart people who know that nothing matters
>tell friends how nothing matters, they agree and we proceed to chug beers
>party like there is no tomorrow
>meet this 9/10 chick
>fall in love
>we get married
>have children, I teach them about the meaninglessness of life
>my wife needs a double kidney transplant
>I love her too much to not care, even though nothing matters
>donate both my kidneys
>I love her, I found purpose (which does not exist)
>jam out to death metal (because nihilists made it)
>go to heaven, meet god (who does not exist)
>still no purpose, ask god what purpose of life is.
>God: "you already lived it, you just didn't believe there was one."
>...
>mfw
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.