[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Protestants and the Old Testament

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_rgKm5dCW.jpg (228KB, 633x587px) Image search: [Google]
4L_rgKm5dCW.jpg
228KB, 633x587px
Why do Protestants disregard the Old Testament? Jesus never said the books were no longer to be followed, in fact he says the opposite. He was a practicing Jew, so at what point did so many Christians abandon the old books?
>>
>>1852496
Do you guys ever think about how much we generalize people's faiths and even just about anything?

Like, Protestants read the Old Testament

It's not like you find in Luther's writings about Christianity "throw away the Old Testament muahaha" like ?

Many denominations, most of them do follow the Old Testament, even Gnostic ones.
>>
>>1852496
>Protestantism
>As in hidebound, kill-the-gays, god-created-the-world-in-6-days Protestantism
>NOT into the OT>
>>
>>1852496
Jesus literally does say that certain laws were made during a different time with different circumstances in mind. He was speaking about the ability to divorce in Exodus suiting them because they had to keep their numbers up, but the same logic applies to other laws that have outlived their purpose.
>>
>>1852496
Early gentile christians basically saw the old testament as proof of jews fucking up all the time and not following God.
>>
My experience with them has been the opposite. Not only they take OT as absolute, they are all jewboos.
>>
File: St. Michael Icon.jpg (239KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
St. Michael Icon.jpg
239KB, 500x386px
What are you talking about? Proddies adore the OT. In fact beyond their only teachings are "Jesus loves you and you get saved for free" and "Follow obscure Jewish teachings that Paul and the Apostles made clear you didn't have to follow as a Gentile."

>>1852804
Also this. The American ones are literal Judeophiles.
>>
They don't. Stop making these threads.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.