[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I begin with Julius Evola's works?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 17

File: evola.jpg (15KB, 123x188px) Image search: [Google]
evola.jpg
15KB, 123x188px
Where do I begin with Julius Evola's works?
>>
>>1851005
By dropping them
>>
>>1851038
Thanks for sharing.
>>
File: evola maga.jpg (17KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
evola maga.jpg
17KB, 375x375px
>>1851005
I think Evola is a pretty cool guy. Eh BTFOs egalitarians and doesn’t afraid of anything.
>>
>>1851005

He wrote this passage in 1945

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juRTKFoHdV4
>>
>>1851131
I'll check it out when I can, thanks.
>>
>>1851116
Is that you, RTNT?
>>
>>1851005
revolt against the modern world.
>>
>>1851005
Fascism View'd from the Right.

A fairly simplistic (which by Evolian standards isn't much) political science book which showcases Evola's innovative outlook.
>>
>>1851005

isn't this the feelz > realz guy?
>>
>>1851552
Perception is reality, he' the "a pure Germanic race is worthless if they're a bunch of vapid materialistic cucks"
>>
File: 5.gif (1MB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
1MB, 500x230px
>>1851565

why would you be anything but materialist?
>>
>>1851577
Why would you be materialistic?
>>
>>1851586

because it's the most accurate way to understand the world
>>
>>1851614
by what metric?
>>
File: 1458276675106.jpg (280KB, 900x788px) Image search: [Google]
1458276675106.jpg
280KB, 900x788px
>>1851005
There you go m8
>>
>>1851714
>spirituality doesn't merit discussion
>being this plebeian and clueless

lol i bet you're the type of person who thinks art can be judged by the "themes", right?
>>
>>1851729
>Spooks
>Meriting discussion
>>
>>1851702
By describing what actually exists in a way that doesn't require you to be crazy or retarded to believe.
>>
>>1851577
Because you care about more than just most animalistic components of your being?
>>
File: based evola.jpg (194KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
based evola.jpg
194KB, 1024x896px
>>
>>1851744
boilerplate fedora meme.

>>1851746
this is meaningless. if the human condition were so simple to be explained purely rationally then why would anyone do anything other than eat and sleep? there exists a natural spiritual and artistic component to humanity and delving into the spiritual traditions of the world to establish a universal character between them doesn't contravene "what actually exists", it adds to it.
>>
>>1851877

>do anything other than eat and sleep

Because that's not rational.
>>
>>1851817
>FEELS > REALS
>>
In the the trashcan of ideology.
>>
>>1851881
eat, sleep and fuck. that is the "rational" be all and end all of existence.
>>
>>1851886
not an argument
>>
>>1851886
>Materialism
>not feels
>>
>>1851877
>then why would anyone do anything other than eat and sleep?

Because my material mind pushes me to crave actualization, respect, comfort, entertainment, companionship, etc. All of these mechanisms can be explained through neurology. I also never specified to be a rationalist, just a physicalist. Being a physicalist actually requires rejecting the doctrines of rationalism, because you have to acknowledge that you're controlled by a bunch of factors well out of your control, both externally deterministic, and inwardly deterministic.

>it adds to it.

The only thing it adds to it is a bunch of bullshit that explains fucking nothing.
>>
>>1851886
meme

>>1851890
more memes, ironic considering evola transcends "ideology" possibly more than any other thinker.
>>
>>1851895

It's not though, that's Hedonism and it's generally considered the least rational way to live by most philosophies. Not to mention it's infeasible due to economic structures of society, cultural structures and power politics.
>>
>>1851905
>more memes, ironic considering evola transcends "ideology" possibly more than any other thinker.

By layering a whole shitload of ideology onto Stirner's utter rejection of ideology.
>>
>>1851909
Also infeasible due to the hedonic treadmill of our mind.
>>
>>1851922

Prove it.
>>
>>1851925
Nah. This is pretty well understood neurology at this point. Anything we enjoy will gradually contribute less and less enjoyment (in the form of neurotransmitters being released in smaller quantities) until it eventually normalizes. This is up there with asking me to prove that the earth is round.
>>
>>1851901
Why waste your time if your ultimately going to end up dead, with the earth one day swallowed by the sun?
>>
>>1851951
Because my material mind-body makes suicide to be an extremely unpleasant concept. You are again trying to appeal to me with rationality.
>>
>>1851901
>Because my material mind pushes me to crave actualization, respect, comfort, entertainment, companionship, etc.
please don't tell me you view the sistine chapel or classical poetry as "entertainment".

>All of these mechanisms can be explained through neurology.
can they? you sound like someone that doesn't live but only observes life.

>you're controlled by a bunch of factors well out of your control, both externally deterministic, and inwardly deterministic.
ditto

>The only thing it adds to it is a bunch of bullshit that explains fucking nothing.
washing over the vast majority of human history and creation with "it's just superstition dude and like brain chemicals and stuff" isn't a particularly intelligent position from any perspective.
>>
>>1851956
Why would it be any less pleasant than a meaningless life of hardships for 80 years?
>>
>>1851959
>please don't tell me you view the sistine chapel or classical poetry as "entertainment".

Appealing to the sublime senses is still "entertainment."

>can they?

Yes. The carrot/stick arrangement of our brains is relatively well understood.

>you sound like someone that doesn't live but only observes life.

You sound like someone projecting your hangups where they don't belong.

>washing over the vast majority of human history and creation with "it's just superstition dude and like brain chemicals and stuff" isn't a particularly intelligent position from any perspective.

Not as stupid as outright rejecting what can be seen before you. There's no reason to believe in a spirit, neither rational, nor phenomenological, as any reason to do so can be better explained with neurological or psychological processes.
>>
>>1851965
Because my brain tells me so. Besides, there's no point, as when I die, it'll be the same eternity regardless. I'm patient enough to wait.
>>
>>1851959
The Sistine Chapel is less artistic than Dark Souls
>>
>>1851973
>Because my brain tells me so.

Your brain is irrational then, as no rational reason exist for you to keep on living. Just emotions.
>>
>>1851909
>that's Hedonism
no it isn't, it's the baseline of existance not seeking pleasure for pleasures sake.
>generally considered the least rational way to live by most philosophies
why? that is all we should need to be happy from a logical perspective. there's no greater understanding of humanity or life other than that of a purely rationalistic nature then fuck art and literature and religion and anything that adds meaning to life.

>>1851915
what you mean by ideology is actually "beliefs". your meme nihilism is gay and unsatisfying.
>>
>>1851905
>more memes, ironic considering evola transcends "ideology" possibly more than any other thinker.
Digging so deep into the trashcan that you manage to eat the entire thing metal and all isn't transcending ideology.

Stay spooked.
>>
>>1851981
Are you fucking retarded? I'm not a rationalist, just a physicalist.
>>
>>1851984
>what you mean by ideology is actually "beliefs". your meme nihilism is gay and unsatisfying.

What I mean by ideology is ideology. Evola's work is purely ideological. Stirner's work is a rejection of ideology. There is absolutely nothing wrong with ideology, but call a fucking spade a spade you cunt.
>>
>>1851984
>gay
Sexuality is a spook
>unsatisfying
Nihilism makes me very satisfied.
>>
>>1851990
No "physicalist" reason exist for you to keep living.
>>
I really hate Evola's philosophy, but I like his paintings.
>>
>>1852002
Physicalism is a doctrine that wouldn't provide a reason to exist or not exist. But my physical mind-body tells me to keep existing. You've lost this one bud.
>>
>>1852002
The desire to have fun.
>>
>>1852004
Damn that's fucking cool as hell.
>>
>>1851969
>Appealing to the sublime senses is still "entertainment."
lol...you people are hopeless. you think every great wonder of human creation can be reduced to entertainment, you acknowledge that it's superior because you *have* to, but there's no way you could articulate why it's superior and no way you actually understand why, just memes like "sublime senses", which you would otherwise call "a spook" were it not for the fact that doing so reveals your abject lack of culture.

>You sound like someone projecting your hangups where they don't belong.
no, that appears to be your belief. you see yourself as a puppet of arbitrary brain chemistry.

>Not as stupid as outright rejecting what can be seen before you.
no one is doing that. you seem lost.

>There's no reason to believe in a spirit, neither rational, nor phenomenological, as any reason to do so can be better explained with neurological or psychological processes.
simplistic, stunted, meaningless to the discussion.
>>
>>1852013
>why it's superior and no way you actually understand why

Because it's a work of great technical skill and vision that appeals to me on a deep psychological level. Are you retarded or something?

>which you would otherwise call "a spook" were it not for the fact that doing so reveals your abject lack of culture.

Actually, having actually read Stirner, I'd only call it a spook if someone told me I ought to place it ahead of myself.

>no, that appears to be your belief. you see yourself as a puppet of arbitrary brain chemistry.

Nah. I'm a compatibilist. I don't see determinism to be at odds with free will.

>no one is doing that

Except you, rejecting what is almost definitely real because it doesn't fit your feels.

>simplistic, stunted, meaningless to the discussion.

I see you have no response. Well, I'll take that as a point to me in the debate.
>>
>>1851986
memes memes and more memes

stay memed
>>
>>1852005
>But my physical mind-body tells me to keep existing.

Only out of an irrational fear.

>The desire to have fun.

Life is mostly suffering hardships, yet you don't kill yourself for the desire of experiencing fleeting moments of "fun?"
>>
>>1852023
Is that what it looks like when an Evolaist gets blown the fuck out but can't let the internet see him cry because that wouldn't fit his husbando's ideology?
>>
Spookspamming Stirnerfags should be banned
>>
File: 1462889763218.png (282KB, 852x554px) Image search: [Google]
1462889763218.png
282KB, 852x554px
>>1852023
Not an argument.
>>
>>1852030
Report them. It should fall under general shitposting if they're not actually discussing Stirner's philosophy.
>>
File: 1465694335879.jpg (88KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465694335879.jpg
88KB, 960x720px
>>1852030
Every Stirnerfag should be made an admin and 4chan should be renamed to unionofegoistschan
>>
>>1852020
>vision
define it
>appeals to me on a deep psychological level.
vague, meaningless, untrue.

>Except you, rejecting what is almost definitely real because it doesn't fit your feels.
when?

>I see you have no response. Well, I'll take that as a point to me in the debate.
because there's nothing worth or relevant responding too. you just said some random garbage
>>
>>1852029
>blown the fuck out
>post is basically "ur dumb dude"

ok.
>>
Currently reading The Yoga of Power. It has helped my meditation immensely. He ties together a lot of Hindu texts and systematizes meditation and Tantric practices.

Good times.
>>
>>1852041
>define it

Really nigger? We're gonna act like children are we? His particular artistic vision and aesthetic sensibilities.

>untrue.

In what way?

>when?

This entire discussion where you reject a physical universe in favor of dualistic spiritualistic one.

>you just said some random garbage

Hardly. Every one of those words has a meaning, and taken together a greater meaning. Reread the statement and try really hard this time. Maybe call your mommy to help you.

God damn, Evolaists are absolutely the most childish ideologues on this site.
>>
>>1852044
Actually, the post was pointing out that Evola's ideology is just that, ideology.
>>
>>1852054
>His particular artistic vision and aesthetic sensibilities

Why would mankind develop artistic vision and aesthetic sensibilities if "physicalism" is true?
>>
>>1852070
Because the human brain is an intensely complicated piece of physical machinery that has bestowed upon us abstract reasoning. This is where the vision component comes from. The aesthetic sensibilities stem from our instincts that enable us in picking out mates, food, and living space.

It's worth noting there is an idealistic component to humans, I just don't consider it to actually "exist" in the sense idealists claim. It's a derivative of our physical bodies, the capability or property that makes a human greater than the sum of our parts. But it is still fundamentally derived from and beholden to all elements of physical reality.
>>
>>1852054
>His particular artistic vision and aesthetic sensibilities.
because to you these mean nothing. these are just words. according to you it's just your brain chemistry telling you these are good (which also begs the question, why does the brain respond to things in certain ways anyway, why would the brain care about art?) no higher artistic purpose allowed in your worldview, so things like "artistic vision" are devoid of any substantial meaning.

>This entire discussion where you reject a physical universe in favor of dualistic spiritualistic one.
that doesn't require rejecting the physical though, so i don't see your point. but i believe the value in spirituality and studying spirituality is mostly in understanding the unknowable parts of the human psyche.

>Hardly. Every one of those words has a meaning, and taken together a greater meaning. Reread the statement and try really hard this time. Maybe call your mommy to help you.
they have no meaning in this discussion.
>>
>>1852082
>Because the human brain is an intensely complicated piece of physical machinery that has bestowed upon us abstract reasoning.

You give no explanation as for why this is, just that it is.

>The aesthetic sensibilities stem from our instincts that enable us in picking out mates, food, and living space.

Why would humanity develop aesthetics sensibilities if our only goals are procreation, eating and existing?
>>
>>1852101
>are devoid of any substantial meaning

Indeed. They have only a personal subjective one. Why is this a problem to you?

>that doesn't require rejecting the physical though

Yes it does. It requires rejecting the physical causal factors that drive reality and adding on some make-belief bullshit without good reason.

>but i believe the value in spirituality and studying spirituality is mostly in understanding the unknowable parts of the human psyche.

That's not spiritualism then.

>they have no meaning in this discussion.
>I reject materialism and believe in spiritualism.
>There's no reason to believe in any spiritual component of existence.

It has meaning in this discussion, you just don't want to acknowledge it because you can't bring up an actual reason to believe in spiritualism.
>>
>>1852058
fair enough. i haven't actually read stirner and i think i may like him, i find the muh spooks memesters cringeworthy and retarded though. i do get the suspicion it's basically just proto-nietzsche though.
>>
>>1852119
>You give no explanation as for why this is, just that it is.

Needing a why is just an unnecessary hangup. I accept that things just are.

>Why would humanity develop aesthetics sensibilities if our only goals are procreation, eating and existing?

The same abstract reasoning and learning capabilities of before. It allows us to learn beyond a purely instinctual level and create new patterns of behavior and preferences.

Good lord, it's like you people have no desire to learn. You'd rather sit around and go "oh my, isn't everything just so mysterious?" Than bother to learn the underlying mechanisms of the reality we live in. This truly is the ideology of feels > reals.
>>
>>1852129
>proto-nietzsche though.
Actually Nietsche's philosophy is much more convoluted and imprecise than Stirner's despite coming later.
>>
>>1852129
Sort of. I'd say his work has more internally consistent structure than Nietzsche and a great degree of intellectual honesty to it. It's pretty rock-solid. I recommend it. That's not to badmouth Nietzsche mind you, Nietzsche covers quite a bit more than Stirner.
>>
>>1852129
Reading the biography John Henry Mackay wrote about Stirner makes every spook poster look silly.

Stirner wasn't really a smug, irl shitposter, but, rather pretty down to earth and friendly, though also pretty quiet and introverted, according to most people who met him.
>>
>>1852168
The thing spook-posters don't get is that a Stirnerian existence would be a pretty normal one. You'd continue to be altruistic for friends and family, you continue to go along with society as it suited you, and you'd do your daily grind. You'd just be cognizant of why you did those things.
>>
>>1852135
> Needing a why is just an unnecessary hangup. I accept that things just are.

yet you needed a "why" when I asked why you keep living a meaningless life if you accept that nothing humans do ultimatly matters. That "why" was "my brain tells me so" which means your brain must be deficient. It also shows you don't question anything, which must be false as you have to had come up with your paradigm somehow.

Your
>>
>>1852196
>yet you needed a "why" when I asked why you keep living a meaningless life if you accept that nothing humans do ultimatly matters.

I didn't need a why. You asked for a why and I gave it. I really don't care and am content to just be. You should try some Taoist philosophy some time. Some of it's crap, but some of it's great.

>That "why" was "my brain tells me so" which means your brain must be deficient.

Says the moron who can't grasp basic statements and their relevancy to a discussion.

>It also shows you don't question anything

An ignorant assumption on your part that says more about you than anything else.
>>
>>1852128
>Why is this a problem to you?
whats a problem for me is that there's no "why?". you just say it, it's arbitrary and devoid of actual meaning. it's what normies assume, it's just dumb shit people did before they had cooler things like iphones and video games. the character of your beliefs is nihilistic and banal.

>Yes it does. It requires rejecting the physical causal factors that drive reality
saying this over and over again doesn't make it true.
>and adding on some make-belief bullshit without good reason.
you can say this about every belief beyond being aware of what's in front of your nose or scientifically provable. which brings us back to art and religion, both things that have consumed the vast majority of human (aristocratic) energy in civilisations, and both thing that cannot be explained rationally. humanity is fundamentally irrational and our understanding and perception of reality is innately limited. all evola did was look at various traditions and find a common link between them, no one is saying his word is doctrine, but to argue that there's no room for discussion about anything other than post enlightenment european philosophy and science seems dumb to me.

>That's not spiritualism then.
i never said i was a "spiritualist", evola didn't call him self that either.

>There's no reason to believe in any spiritual component of existence.
this is more nuanced then your original sentence, i'm sorry for being flippant. but it ties in with the second paragraph.
>>
>>1852177
I think the most important thing to note is that Stirner wasn't really an anti-social dickhead, despite not having many friends.

His idea of social relations wasn't just "le well spooked muh property", but rather that they ought to be more "real" and honest.
>>
>>1852227
I'll get back to you, and actually wish to converse further about this but right now I have to leave.

Giving it further thought, I'm sorry for being a flippant asshole with you as well.
>>
>>1852261
i probably started it.
>>
>>1851005
start with the Greeks
t. /lit/
>>
>>1852004
Did he do psychedelics?
>>
>>1851886
>>1851714
It's a meme at this point but his idea of the 'myth' is basically this. He believed that even though some events or theories literally didn't happen, it doesn't matter because what he considers their general message feels true. So you should accept such things as the Protocols of the Elders of Zion (which are proven fabrications) and his Hyperborian-Lemurian theory as truth because they are about themes that you can notice in the modern word.
>>
>>1852309
>their general message feels true.
I'm not sure this is exactly it. I think it's more accurate to say he was using them as metaphors. I agree with the other anon, Evola is more useful to understanding the human psyche than anything - the other aspects are fun to think about, but i'm not sure I actually believe them.

>Protocols of the Elders of Zion
I read his introduction to this, he doesn't say it's true because it feels true, he says that the document is a fake but basically explains what is going on anyway.
>>
What's the difference between "materialist" and "materialistic", anons?
>>
File: muhnihilism.png (203KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
muhnihilism.png
203KB, 500x694px
ITT: pic related

>>1852294
Shrooms, I think.
>>
>>1852294
yes, but later denounced the use of them
>>
>>1852475
This happens to a few people who have profound psychedelic experiences.

Psychedelics might be thought of a boat to reach a distant short. Once you reach a distant destination and fully exploration, you realize you don't need the boat anymore.
>>
>>1852329
>I read his introduction to this, he doesn't say it's true because it feels true, he says that the document is a fake but basically explains what is going on anyway.

yes. Think of it like this, 1984 is a completely fictional science fiction story, but people notice events in the book happening in real life and the false story serves as a warning against such things.

although protocols is different in that it was presented as real in an anti-semetic russia. I think in that sense its dangrous because it assumes a particular group, like jews, are a hivemind and some yokel farmer in rural Ukraine is at fault for the economy crashing or whatever.
>>
File: evola.png (1MB, 994x4724px) Image search: [Google]
evola.png
1MB, 994x4724px
>>
>>1852227
>whats a problem for me is that there's no "why?". you just say it, it's arbitrary and devoid of actual meaning.

But why is a why necessary to you? What's wrong with nihilism or banality?

>saying this over and over again doesn't make it true.

I'm assuming that you believe in a soul or some other form of spiritual impetus to human action that isn't affected by physical causality, which would be tantamount to that, at least in so far as it directs humans.

>both thing that cannot be explained rationally. humanity is fundamentally irrational

But that's the thing, I don't disagree here. I just think they can be explained through physical mechanisms, not that human behavior is strictly rational or able to be explained rationally in any but the blandest sense. I'm not the sort of person that says qualia isn't real or some such, just that it isn't real in an absolute sense ala Plato's forms; it's a strictly subjective and entirely metaphysical construct.

>no room for discussion about anything other than post enlightenment european philosophy and science seems dumb to me.

Well that's the thing, I don't think there isn't room for discussing some things. Classical philosophy has a lot of wisdom within it, it's just they also got a lot of stuff wrong and we shouldn't be afraid to excise those things that they got wrong. It is my opinion that a philosopher should be first and foremost trying to explain and comment on what is and what we can or should do with what is, but that requires first taking some reasonable steps to understand what is.

>i never said i was a "spiritualist", evola didn't call him self that either.

Well them I'm not really entirely sure what you're arguing against. If you're some sort of idealist or spiritualist (in that you don't feel reality is idealistic or spiritualistic in nature, either in whole or in part) then it stands to reason you're a physicalist.
>>
>>1851746
the descrition you would give is only from your perseption not what it actualy is
>>
>>1851427
I didn't realise it'd be so noticable
>>
File: 1416349200024.jpg (34KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1416349200024.jpg
34KB, 348x342px
>>1851729
>Spirituality
>>
>>1852002
Not the anon, but do you have to have an "objective" reason kicking your butt for you to do things?
>>
>>1851005
So, did he actually managed to cast magic missiles?
>>
File: 1473728747754.png (40KB, 309x433px) Image search: [Google]
1473728747754.png
40KB, 309x433px
>>1852593
>implying I don't recognize that's ironmarch
>>
File: 1474339885690.png (725KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474339885690.png
725KB, 800x800px
>>1855970
I don't know, I saved it here.
>>
File: jumpingman.gif (2MB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
jumpingman.gif
2MB, 427x240px
>>1851729
>spirituality
>>
File: Carica di lancieri, 1915.jpg (293KB, 1707x1108px) Image search: [Google]
Carica di lancieri, 1915.jpg
293KB, 1707x1108px
>>1851038
FPBP
>>
File: evola.jpg (67KB, 680x550px) Image search: [Google]
evola.jpg
67KB, 680x550px
>>1851005
>reading Julius "Feels b4 reals" Evola
Why?
>>
>>1857856
>The mythology and spiritual traditions of cultures throughout history aren't real

I don't understand this meme.
>>
>>1859168
plebs gonna pleb
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.