[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what does /his/ think about the leader choice for this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

So what does /his/ think about the leader choice for this game and who the hell are these leaders anyways
>>
>>1850381
>need to show off that they can have multiple leaders
>also need to put in a female and a male leader for the same civ for muh representation
>it's fucking Gorgo

they had a golden opportunity to have Justinian and Theodora in there at the same time, and they blew it.
>>
>>1850493
Greece isn't Byzantium
>>
>>1850537
But they had Byzantium as a civ in previous games, why not again?
>>
>>1850552
That I don't know, and I agree it's a bad decision.
>>
>>1850381
>we need civilizations guys!
>pick congo
>fucking congo
only know for being King Leopold's handy play ground and endless civil war
not even a proper african empire
>>
>>1850493
>>1850537 this

Also, enough of justinian and theodora. Give me the Komnenos
>>
File: 1435538165607.png (1024KB, 768x964px)
1435538165607.png
1024KB, 768x964px
>>1850552
DLC, goy. Poland and a few other nations are already confirmed to be early DLCs over the next few months. As with Civ 4 and Civ 5, only about half of the eventual number of civs were in the base game.
>>
>>1850537
Why not?
Byzantium is medieval era of greek history
>>
>>1850588
But it still isn't Greece. They should have just made it a separate country.
>>
>>1850574
That's a big swede.
>>
File: 1473332548676.jpg (422KB, 619x826px) Image search: [Google]
1473332548676.jpg
422KB, 619x826px
>>1850588
Bucause doing like this would mean no superb cavalry
>>
>>1850599
Why not?
Its like saying HRE wasnt german
>>
>>1850603
There are now leader specific units.
Shame they wasted greek leader spot on Gorgo especially as Pericles is in, as now they finally have opportunity to represent individual civs through different ages.
>>
It's definitely southpaw. I like the new art style and stuff a lot though. I'm sure new leaders for each civ will come out in time. Except fucking Gandhi
>>
>>1850621
Not quite
The HRE was german, not germany
Byzantium was greek, not greece
>>
>>1850568
It's not even that Congo.
>>
>>1850493
yeah two leaders from the exact same period what fucking great game design faggot
>>
>>1850650
Yet a Holy Roman Emperor represents Germany in the game.
>>
>>1850381
I'm satisfied by most leaders and I'm happy we have multiple civilizations again.

It's striking we don't have Persia in the main game though, specially considering we have fucking "Scythians" led by a meme legendary figure only known for fighting the persians.
>>
File: iblfsr00168061.jpg (12KB, 296x300px) Image search: [Google]
iblfsr00168061.jpg
12KB, 296x300px
>Europe
Russia-Ivan, Peter and Stalin
Sweden-Carl XII and Gustavus
Norway-Hardrada
Germany-Barbarosa, Otto, le Hitler XD
Spain-Issabella
Dutch-William
Portugal-Henry
Poland-Casimir III
Lithuania-Gediminas
Britain/england-Elizabeth, Victoria,
France-Louis XII, De Gaulle
Celts-Boadicea, Brennus
Greeks-Pericles, Leonidas
Kievian rus-Olga
Rome-Agustus
Byzantium-Justian
Hungary-Arpad
Khazars-Bulan
>Middle east
Arabia-Abu Bakir. Saladin, Nasser?
Persians-Xerxes, Darius
Israel-David
Assyria-Ashubinipal
Sumer-Gilgamesh, Sargon
Babylon-Nebuchadnezzar
Turks-Tughril, Osman, Ataturk
>Africa
Egypt-Ramses II, Ceops, Nasser?
Malli-Mansa Musa
Carthage-Dido, Hannibal
Ethiopia-Haile Selasie, Zara jacob
Congo-Queen nzinga
Zulu-Shaka
Ashanti-?
>Asia
India-Ashoka, Chandragupta
Khmer-Surujawaman
Indonesia-Gajah Mada
China-Qin shi Huang,
Japan-Tocugawa, Oda, Meji
Mongolia-Genghis Khan
Tibet-?
Korea-Sejong, Myeongseong
Vietnam-Trung sisters, Ho chi minh
Scytians-Tomyris
>Americas
USA-Theodor, Thomas Jefferson, FDR
Aztec-Itzcoatl, Montezuma
Inca-Huyon Capac
Maya-Pacal
Brazil-Pedro
Argentina-Juan Peron
Colombia-Bolivar
Mapuche-?
Sioux-Sitting Bull
Chereokee-oconosita
Iroquis-Hiawatha
Missisipians-?
>>
>>1850688
Good post.
>>
>>1850688
>Spain-Issabella
>Byzantium-Justian
no
>>
1) They need to finally include Israel. I'd play the shit out of Israel led by David.

2) Traian(us) as a choice for the Roman leader is one of the best decisions this game made. Finally they realized the Rome isn't just Caesar and Augustus. In fact, to addition to Augustus: Traian, Hadrian, Diocletian and Constantine are the greatest emperors of Rome and there are many more charismatic and well known ones.

3) India needs additional leader that isn't straight out psychopat like Gandhi.

4) Mongols need to be replaced by the Huns for a change.

5) Greece needs more variety and I don't think Gorgo is that. Otherwise it was always Alexander (logical choice) and Pericles. They could also put Pisistrates or Themistocles I guess. Better than Gorgo.

6) Having Mayas, Incas AND Aztecs in the same game (Civ 5) was boring. There were also 2-3 North American cultures, I couldn't be bothered to see a difference between them. So bland.
>>
File: disgusted old man.jpg (25KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted old man.jpg
25KB, 400x275px
>>1850779
>Mongols need to be replaced by the Huns
>>
>>1850779
>Having Mayas, Incas AND Aztecs in the same game (Civ 5) was boring. There were also 2-3 North American cultures, I couldn't be bothered to see a difference between them. So bland
are you for real?
>>
>>1850381
'm listening to the soundtrack on youtube. The first set of themes is Kongo, which is clearly "Banana", a traditional Congolese song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAk_4zmvRi8

However, what people don't know, is that this song was also the regimental anthem of the Rhodesian African Rifles, a unit of blacks that fought for a regime considered evil by progressive Americans due to its association with mass murderer and supreme gentleman Dylan Roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnu2lMunSPY

Tumblr must be alerted to this immediately, so that they can exert pressure on Firaxis to ban this music for its association with the White Supremacist country Rhodesia. Tumblr are progressive Americans.
>>
>>1850779
Gandhi is like a CIV meme now, they can't leave him out
>>
>>1850817
>listening to the soundtrack on youtube
i can't find it on youtube
>>
>>1850859
Official channel, but right now, its only Kongo, Rome, Scythia, Spain, Russia and a few others
>>
File: 1475938015689.gif (3MB, 280x307px) Image search: [Google]
1475938015689.gif
3MB, 280x307px
>>1850859
F0und it.
>mfw russia has kalinika as theme
>>
>>1850823
he is the original civ meme
>nicest person you ever know
>twisted fucking nucular psychopath.
>>
>>1850874
link you fag.
>>
>norway
why?
did they receive so many complains because denmark was the viking faction last time?
>>
>>1850882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0wxyMkZxx8
>>
>>1850913
the complains was because they had a shitty ability
>>
>>1850381
The whole Civ game is retarded and this thread belongs on /v/

sage
>>
>>1850919
hm i quite liked playing them on archipelago maps
>>
>>1850924
can you try to be less bitter?
>>
>>1850688
You have the literally who Kievan rus but you don't have Peru, one of this six pristine civilizations?
>>
File: 1460571286073.gif (663KB, 480x324px) Image search: [Google]
1460571286073.gif
663KB, 480x324px
>>1851101
>what is Inca?
>>
File: 1415471212624.png (211KB, 1778x1099px)
1415471212624.png
211KB, 1778x1099px
>>1850688

>no boer republics

:(
>>
>>1850924

There have always been board-related vidya, civ and those terrible paradox map painting simulators belong here. Learn how to hide threads you gigantic retard.

Polite sage.
>>
>Western Civilizations
Greeks
Romans
Germans
French
Spanish
British
Russians

>Oriental '''civilizations'''
Turkey
Arabs
Iran
Egypt

>Poo in the Loo Civilizations
India
Thailand

>Far Eastern Civilizations
China
Korea
Manchuria
Mongoria
Japan

>New World Civilizations
Olmecs
Aztecs
Maya
Inca
Mound Builders
>>
File: marysue.png (2MB, 598x8940px) Image search: [Google]
marysue.png
2MB, 598x8940px
I am making a mod for Civilization 2 that replaces all the leaders. Unlike later Civ games which have one or multiple leaders per civ, Civ 2 has one male or female option per Civ. Hence I need a woman option for each.

I am using pic related as a base. But given that the author is a filthy American and a progressive, its a little suspect for ideological bias. Hence, I will need recommendations for better choices based on following criteria:

1. Female rulers who were regnant or co-rulers in their own right (e.g. QE1, Catherine the Great, Isabella I etc.) or significant military or political leaders (e.g. Jeanne d'Arc, the Trung sisters etc.) Regents (e.g. Catherine d'Medici) or influential consorts (e.g. Gorgo or Theodora) are acceptable at a pinch. None of this moral and symbolic crap of putting famous artists/ecclesiastical or thought leaders.

2. They should have truly significant accomplishments or developments in their reign (even if they were mostly bad, incompetent or evil) and not just in because they are female.

3. Legendary or apocryphal female leaders like Dido, Himiko/Jingu or Tomyris can be in if there are really no other options, but should not be a first pick.
>>
>>1851230
>>Oriental '''civilizations'''
+Babylon, Israel, and Sumer. And maybe Assyria, but really fuck them.
>>
>>1851233

I've always thought that couple who ruled together should be represented as a single "leaderhead". Like you might pick Stalin as a lone leader or "Peter & Catherine" as a paired leader for Russia.
>>
>>1851233

Some list prepared by another faggot:

>America
George Washington
Abigail Adams (or possibly Pocahontas?)
>Arabia
Saladin
Lubna of Córdoba
>Assyria
Sargon II
Shammuramat
>Aztecs
Montezuma
Tzihuacxochitzin I
>Babylon
Nebuchadnezzar II
Semiramis
>Carthage
Hannibal Barca
Dido
>Celts
Brennus
Boudica
>China
Qin Shi Huang
Wu Zetian
>Egypt
Ramesses II
Hatsheput
>England
Richard III
Elizabeth I
>Ethiopia
Menelik II
Queen of Sheba
>France
Henry IV
Joan d'Arc
>Germany
Otto von Bismarck
Elisabeth Selbert
>Greece
Alexander the Great
Helen of Troy
>Holy Rome
Charlemagne
Constance
>Inca
Atahualpa
Angelina Yupanqui
>India
Emperor Ashoka
Razia Sultana
>Japan
Oda Nobunaga
Himiko
>Judah
David
Hadassah (Esther)
>Mali
Mansa Musa
Sassouma Bereté
>Maya
Pakal I
Lady Eveningstar
>Mongolia
Genghis Khan
Sorghaghtani Beki
>Netherlands
William I
Wilhelmina
>Ottomans
Osman I
Nurbanu Sultan
>Persia
Xerxes I
Boran
>Portugal
Afonso I
Maria I
>Rome
Augustus Caesar
Livia
>Russia
Ivan the Terrible
Anna
>Spain
Carlos I
Queen Isabella
>Sumeria
Gilgamesh
Puabi
>Zulu
Shaka
Nandi

In many ways it is almost as bad as that fucking journalists, but maybe it will give you some ideas.
>>
>>1850688
> No Napoleon
> No Caesar
> No Charlemagne
Shit list, to be honest.
>>
>>1851258
>Anna
Who?
>>
>>1851258
> Anna
> not Catherine The Great (or at least Olga)
>>
As an oppressed Scot I'm annoyed that they've chosen a British ruler to represent England. I know most Americans don't know the difference but you'd hope the developers of an ostensibly historical-themed game might put a bit of effort in. Put Henry V in or something, don't just use the fact that we've had a couple of figurehead female rulers during successful periods to shoehorn women in to fill some weird quota.
>>
>>1851308

I've always thought the "England" civ should just be "Britain".
>>
>>1851258
>Ivan the Terrible
>Anna
Make it Alexander I and Lenin and we're set.
>>
>>1851332
> Lenin
>>
>>1851233
>England
Victoria & Henry V
>Russia
Katherine & Ivan
>America
Hillary Clinton & Lincoln
>Egypt
Hatshepsut & Ramasses
>Greece
Hippolyta (mythical) & Alexander
>Germany
Virginal & Barbarossa
>France
Elanor & Charlemagne
>>
>>1851434
t. proud Liechtensteiner
>>
>>1850381
>Aztecs
>Arabs
>Schytians
>Congo
>Sumer
>Brazil
They should just remove all non-european and asian meme civs
>>
>>1851448
And the memest 'civilization' of them all
>USA
>>
So... How Brazil and USA even a civilizations anyway? What next? Canada? Paraguay? Honduras?
>>
>>1851456
We literally control the world
>>
>>1850688
yeah im suprised there is no vietnam yet
>>
>>1851458

What's the cut-off point for how long a civ has to exist? Alexander's Empire barely outlived him. And in terms of global influence and continuity of regime, yes the USA and Brazil are major civilizations by any measure.
>>
>>1851550
-If it's a State that exists to this day, it has to have at least an extended period of time in which it was a major player in the world's stage and the hegemonic power on the continent it came from (hence why, sadly, Italy and Hungary will never pop up as separate civilizations).
-If it's a culture containing many other political entities, it has have had a large-spanning area in which it was present plus major cultural production (Polynesians are, so far, the only exception to this rule. Scythians too, to an extent).
>>
I'm disappointed that they went for Cleopatra, its true she was the only greek ruler of Egypt that actually knew how to speak the Egyptian language but what did she really do except get conquered and die? If they wanted a female leader Hatshepsut would have been a much better choice, she got shit done.
>>
>>1851593

How don't the USA and Brazil count? You realise they're each the size of Europe, right?
>>
>>1850779
>India needs additional leader that isn't straight out psychopat like Gandhi.
the real problem is that they just blob the many different civilizations of the subcontinent into "india"

there should at the very least be one muslim empire and one hindu empire, why have the mughals never been a playable civ?
>>
>>1850919
denmark is a seriously underrated civ, that 3 embarked move is a lot more powerful than people realize, you can disembark a seige unit and have it fire on the same turn
>>
>>1851625
the mughals were barely present in india and were pretty short lived in the grand scheme of things. India is comparable to Rome in the sense that they were big diverse civilizations that were nevertheless cultural continuations of their heritage.
>>
>>1851608
I didn't say they don 't count. I simply stated that it's probably the criteria on which Civ choices are made. In fact, America and Brazil DO fit in the first category.
>>
>>1851720

Canada could probably squeeze in too, maybe even Australia.
>>
File: charlemagne-hero-AB.jpg (95KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
charlemagne-hero-AB.jpg
95KB, 334x250px
>no Charlemagne
Shit game
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.