[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unknown years of Jesus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (35KB, 274x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 274x323px
Have you heard anything about the theory that Jesus went to India during his unknown years and studied Buddhism?

Apparently there is an 18 year period of time in Jesus's life where his actions are completely unaccounted for in the bible. Some claim he went to go learn Buddhism before developing his ministry.

Sounds cool but I don't know what to think about it.
>>
>>1849661
The latest reported thing before starting his ministry at 30 years old was arguing the law with the rabbis, which I think happened when he was 12 or so. Hence the gap.
>>
He wasn't a Buddhist, he was having on an emotional roadtrip with his hipster friends.

Quotes from this trip include "The road is as open as your mind" and "The hardest part of climing a mountain is the way down"

This roadtrip was due to be turned into an indie film, but it turned out to be too deep for the director, Paul
>>
>Carpenter from Judea in the 1st century could afford to go to India
>>
>>1849768

it's possible the 3 wise-men gave them gifts including money/gold, which is how they could afford to flee to Egypt and live there until it was safe to return.
>>
>>1849661
I think it's more likely he learned Stoicism or some Greek philosophy, since Christianity has literally nothing to do with Buddhism. It's a completely different worldview, and that's even if we only take into account what Jesus actually said.

>inb4 Paul destroyed the records
Well okay, in that case Jesus went to Dagobah and learned Jedi knowledge from Yoda. How about some evidence?
>>
>>1849778
Goes to Egypt from Judea =/= traveling to India from the Roman empire
>>
>>1849795

he could walk on water, so he could probably teleport to india without much problem
>>
>>1849799
>Jesus was divine
>This thread is not about a %200 human Jesus learning philosophy in the east and not from God the father
>>
>>1849799
If the only way to justify how he could have got to India is that he used some supernatural power, that begs the question of why he'd go to India in the first place.

If he really was God, what knowledge would be gained from studying in India?
>>
>>1849661
Or maybe he just learned how to carpent and carpented for a couple of years to earn himself and his parents money.
>>
>>1849768
plenty of poor people made long pilgrimages in ancient times.
>>
>>1852342
yeah like, 150 kilometers from Nazareth to Jerusalem
>>
It's probably in the Dead Sea Scrolls or hidden in the Vatican Archives
>>
File: saint_young_men.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
saint_young_men.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
>>1849661
That's a fact. Him and buddha are actually best friends.

They were riding rollercoasters n shieet
>>
>>1852305
He's God, he knows everything though
>>
he was partying pretty hard. smoking a little weed, drinking a little wine, fucking some girls

writers of the bible omitted that part
>>
>>1852159
Because Jesus is an avatar of Vishnu
>>
>>1849661

>Have you heard anything about the theory that Jesus went to India during his unknown years and studied Buddhism?

That theory contradicts everything that is in the OT and the NT. Jesus wasn't some hippie that preached about love and peace along with meditation. I can't believe this thread exists.
>>
>>1849661
Literally WEWUZJESUSNSHIET tier
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.