[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a historical quote thread going?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 20

File: letsgoboys.jpg (44KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
letsgoboys.jpg
44KB, 850x400px
Can we get a historical quote thread going?
>>
>>1849436
>"War is not nice" - Barbara Bush.
>>
File: bush finger.jpg (4KB, 200x230px) Image search: [Google]
bush finger.jpg
4KB, 200x230px
>>1849441
>>
> "if you kill your army they win" - georgy zhukov
>>
>>1849436
>>
File: Sherman Quote.jpg (59KB, 470x813px) Image search: [Google]
Sherman Quote.jpg
59KB, 470x813px
>>
>>1849504

DO IT AGAIN HARRIS!
>>
>>1849478
>stealing my quote from two days ago
>>
>>1849512
That's mine
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 491x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 491x675px
>>1849512
>dude
>>
>>1849512
that quote belongs to the red army. Now be a good Hohol and collectivize your quotes.
>>
File: GermanyMustPerish2.jpg (76KB, 800x555px) Image search: [Google]
GermanyMustPerish2.jpg
76KB, 800x555px
>>1849510
>>
File: gorbachev perestroika quote.png (67KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
gorbachev perestroika quote.png
67KB, 700x700px
>>
>>1849517
He did effectively beat Wellington's forces. The coalition planned on that, with Blucher striking the death blow.
>>
File: and I will go to texas.jpg (42KB, 579x284px) Image search: [Google]
and I will go to texas.jpg
42KB, 579x284px
>>
>>1849436
>>
>>1849520
>Polstraya
>>
>>1849436
If you kill your enemy, they win. - Jusin Trudeau
>>
File: melon.jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
melon.jpg
55KB, 600x450px
>>
File: Winston-Churchill-Quotes.jpg (50KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
Winston-Churchill-Quotes.jpg
50KB, 550x300px
>>
>>1850052
>>
"And then I saw there was a way to hell,
Even from the gates of heavan."
- John Bunyan
>>
"The object of war is to die for your country making the other bastard die for his." - Zhukov
>>
File: cato.jpg (7KB, 206x244px) Image search: [Google]
cato.jpg
7KB, 206x244px
>Railing at the fat knight, he said, "Where can such a body be of service to the state, when everything between its gullet and its groins is devoted to belly?"
>To a tribune of the people who had been accused of using poison, and who was trying to force the passage of a useless bill, he said: "Young man, I know not which is worse, to drink your mixtures, or to enact your bills."
>And when he was reviled by a man who led a life of shameless debauchery, he said: "I fight an unequal battle with you: you listen to abuse calmly, and utter it glibly; while for me it is unpleasant to utter it, and unusual to hear it."
>The Romans once chose three ambassadors to Bithynia, of whom one was gouty, another had had his head trepanned, and the third was deemed a fool. Cato made merry over this, and said that the Romans were sending out an embassy which had neither feet, nor head, nor heart.
>Cato expelled another senator who was thought to have good prospects for the consulship, namely, Manilius, because he embraced his wife in open day before the eyes of his daughter. For his own part, he said, he never embraced his wife unless it thundered loudly; and it was a pleasantry of his to remark that he was a happy man when it thundered.
>>
Has anyone archived the Zhukov thread from yesterday?
>>
File: World's greatest dad.jpg (8KB, 272x186px) Image search: [Google]
World's greatest dad.jpg
8KB, 272x186px
While Stalin and his wife were arguing about this, a shot was heard from Yakov's room. Yakov had shot himself but survived. While she tended to his wounds and sent for a doctor, all his father said was, "He can't even shoot straight".[3]
>>
>>1850088
>The Germans later offered to exchange Yakov for Friedrich Paulus, the German Field Marshal captured by the Soviets after the Battle of Stalingrad, but Stalin turned the offer down, allegedly saying, "I will not trade a Marshal for a Lieutenant
>>
>>1849478
>"Boy, I sure do hate Russians"
-Georgy Zhukov
>>
>>1849520
>even Luxemburg
Oh no
>>
If you kill your soldiers before they meet the enemy, they will never lose a battle

>Georgia Zhukov
>>
>If you are a great man and a true patriot, a capable commander who brings glory and victory to your motherland, you will get memed on half a century later by a bunch of fat virgins on a mongolian humanities forum.

t. Georgius Zhukovus
>>
>>1849483
I'm italian and i can confirm this quote, he was ahead of his time.
>>
>>1850253
too bad you guys lynched him and his family after his failure.
>>
File: george.jpg (76KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
george.jpg
76KB, 850x400px
>>1849436
>>
>>1850123
People call this cold, but Stalin obviously considered this type of nepotism to be dangerous. It really is more of a comment on how the man held the well-being of his state over everything else in his life, including his children and his compassion. He was trying to do what is best, but his idea of what was best was so incomplete that the actions he ended up taking generally didn't have the effects he was hoping for and, even when they did, they didn't come without huge side-effects.
It's a damn shame really.
>>
>>1850257
Im a fascist, even if either the movement and the party are dead today, but as you say, yes, i'm disgusted at how they treated him. Don't take me for a crazy fascist, i know that a lot of things Benito did weren't right things to do, but he loved Italy, and he deserved a normal process, even if they put a dead sentence on him. Leftist in my countries are degenerates above all levels, and i hope some day i can help to rebuilt that glorious nation that was Italy before wwII
>>
File: 12431241.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
12431241.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>1850283
>Deprived of his father’s affections and upset by a failed romance, Yakov once tried to shoot himself. As he lay bleeding, his father scathingly remarked, ‘He can’t even shoot straight’.
>>
>>1850300
Love your children if and when you have them anon, and everything will be alright.
:D
>>
>>1850300
>Families of PoWs, or deserters, faced the harshest consequences for the failings of their sons or husbands – arrested and exiled. Yakov may have been Stalin’s son but his family were not to be spared. He was married to a Jewish girl, Julia. Stalin had managed to overcome his innate anti-Semitism and grew to be quite fond of his daughter-in-law. Nonetheless, following Yakov’s capture, Julia was arrested, separated from her three-year-old daughter and sent to the gulag. After two years, Stalin sanctioned her release but she remained forever traumatised by the experience.
kek Stalin pls
>>
File: 90Eb.jpg (68KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
90Eb.jpg
68KB, 640x460px
>>>1850257
>Im a fascist
>that glorious nation that was Italy before wwII
>>
>>1850311
How is the fact that a man makes no exception in the enforcement of his laws when it comes to people he knows a bad thing? Even if those laws are unjust, anything else would be hypocrisy.
>>
>>1850253
>>1850257
He should have never let Hitler strong arm him into a racial policy. Italian fascism was pretty based.
>>
>>1850330
Well he let her out early, so that is hypocrisy.
>>
>>1850352
Much like the man we discuss, there is no appeasing you.
>>
>>1850341
The problem my friend, is that he would have destroyed us if we didn't ally with him, beacause of our position in the mediterranean sea, we didn't stand a chance against him. And we were lucky that we go out of the war in this way, as "Liberated", instead of Losers (As we actually, and we will always be)
>>
>>1850312
Look at the Data of Italian economy before war, The post Golitti era was glorious, but i have understand that you're not italian. I don't what type of history others countries have about us. but we have studied really well all the italian 20th century.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.