[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about Macedonia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: macedonian-flag.png (12KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
macedonian-flag.png
12KB, 800x400px
I don't understand this country. What the heck are they exactly? They appear to be their own ethnic group, though people say that they're actually Bulgarians, and they apparently hate Greece for some reason. Could you guys clarify?
>>
One of my favorite countries
>>
If you think Macedonians are a real nationality and Croats are a fake one, you might be a Serb.
>>
>>1848767
Macedonia is like a modern day HRE. The country of Macedonia is made up of a small part of the region of Macedonia, most of which is located in modern-day Greece. The country of Macedonia is populated by Slavs and Bulgarians claiming that WE IZ ALEXANDER'S DESCENDANTS WE WUZ WORLD CONQUERORS AND SHIET, which Greece protests, both the fact that these Slavs aren't Greeks, and that they have no right at all to use the name Macedonia.
>>
File: 1476905992807.png (1MB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1476905992807.png
1MB, 1000x750px
>>1848853

>Pic related
>>
>>1848767
>WE
>>
>>1849344
this isnt a case of we wuz, Greeks called Macdeons barbarians, ie outsiders and only called them Greek after Macedon took them over via the Hegemony

Cultures change and languages change, Macedonians and Greeks didn't even speak the same language, as the Byzantines didn't speak Latin

It's not like modern greek is close to it's ancient roots, the language changed radically to the point of indecipherability of ancient texts
>>
>>1849056
>t. Giannis
kys lad
>>
Macedonia is a meme country, tbqhwyf.

>t. actual macedinian
>>
Macedonia is what happens when a country is unable to form it's own national identity.
Bulgaria should have took advantage of the Yugoslavian civil wars and annexed it before it became independent.
>>
>Spent time in the Ottoman Empire and has a sizeable Muslim minority to this day
>Was part of Yugoslavia
>Some old fortresses still around, many built by Ottomans
>Claims that Alexander the Great was from there and are very proud of him though he was Greek
>>
File: 1472477417883.jpg (729KB, 1810x1474px) Image search: [Google]
1472477417883.jpg
729KB, 1810x1474px
>>1848767
One day Bulgaria and Serbia had passionate hate sex.
To maintain the balance of power the communists gave them an identity based on their geographic region, and now many embrace their anticki roots
>>
>>1849753
>has a sizeable Muslim minority to this day

That's mostly because of refugees from Kosovo that settled here though.
>>
>>1849794
No, they all went back. The Albanians in Macedonia were there before, or as they like to say "we wuz here before anyone , da elves and their alliance came to drive us out"
>>
It's pretty funny that the birthplace of Alexander isnt even in Macedonia
>>
>>1848767
Excuse me, but you appear to have made a common error! There is currently no country named Macedonia - I believe you are instead referring to the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia.

No need to thank me!
>>
>>1849823
Nai Kala stefanos

Listen are you going to get butthurt when I say greece instead of ellada. We all know what the other is talking about no need to make it needlessly complicated.
>>
>>1848767
>Slavic tribes arrives in Balkans
Some of said tribes reached as far as Peloponnese.
>Bulgar invades the area of modern Bulgaria, becomes ruling class of Slavic population, gets assimilated by local people adopting their language and customs
>South Balkans under control of Bulgaria, East Roman Empire, Ottomans, Yugoslavia
Macedonians of today are most likely descendants of the Slavic Tribes that weren't among those initially conquered by pre-Assimilation Bulgars.
>>
>>1849971
Slavs weren't conquered by Bulgars, they've merely accepted them as their ruling class in return for their protection.

Side note, Macedonian Slavs have heavily intermarried with local Macedonian remnants and Greeks.

>>1849753
A good portion of those fortresses were built by the Byzantines and Serbs, not Ottomans.
>>
File: PICT1631.jpg (115KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
PICT1631.jpg
115KB, 800x600px
>>1849718
>t. Alexandrovski, the true son of Alexander the Great
>>
File: 7vw2.jpg (70KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
7vw2.jpg
70KB, 716x960px
>>1850351
>t. Leonidas, true son of ancient greeks
>>
>>1850370
At least the guy in your pic did a better job at designing a hoplite armor
>>
File: ΠΓΔΜ.png (946KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ΠΓΔΜ.png
946KB, 1600x1600px
>>
>>1849812
>No, they all went back.

t. Clueless.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.