[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Torture thousands of people to death >Become a saint how?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: 1451365845260.png (780KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451365845260.png
780KB, 1000x500px
>Torture thousands of people to death
>Become a saint

how?
>>
>>1848309
Same way Constantine boiled his wife alive yet he's a saint too.
>>
Because she repented and was instrumental in spreading the faith. For the same Reason why Constantine I became a saint despite being a literal heretic
>>
I always thought that painting of her was pretty badass. It shows an unusual, but determined posture given the pose people normally strike in these artworks.
>>
File: Aten.jpg (115KB, 470x300px) Image search: [Google]
Aten.jpg
115KB, 470x300px
>>1848388
But Sol Invictus is just another name for the One, True God, Aten. You Christians are the real heretics for denying the Creator's presence even as he shines above you every day
>>
>>1848419
That would make them heathens, infidels, etc. not heretics. They don't deviate from atenic canon, they just ignore it.
>>
>>1848309
>*people

No Anon, pagans
>>
File: ducks for aten.jpg (85KB, 700x328px) Image search: [Google]
ducks for aten.jpg
85KB, 700x328px
>>1848433
If Jews and Christians aren't Aten heretics then how come they copied the Great Hymn to Aten in Psalm 104?
>>
>>1848309
There is this one saint that was sainted because he let himself get killed by bandits in a monastery even though he was a bandit himself for majority of his life and only repented for few years before his death.

Saints were pop-culture memes amongst monks. They used to saint people for smallest of acts of defiance and repentance as long as a monk thought it was cool. Daily reminder you would have literally dozens of new saints every year if monks still sainted people for every little thing like they used to.
>>
>>1848419
>worshiping space squids
>>
File: Sphinx and aten.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sphinx and aten.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>1848482
The Sun is a space squid?
>>
>>1848309
>pagans
>people
>>
>>1848437
>>1848521
Don't cut yourself on them edges, kiddos.
>>
>>1848309
Russians r crazy senpai

Sorry. "kievan russe"
>>
>>1848453
Because jews and pseudo-jews copied everything. Pseudo-jews also copied Saturnalia yet they're not greco-roman heretics, just jews jewing everyone.
>>
>>1848309
Saint George got sainted for killing a dragon that is universally recognized not to have actually been a dragon. He stabbed a crocodile in the face and suddenly became just as holy as Peter.

Sainthood got spread around like herpes back in the early days of Christendom. Practically just say you're a Christian and they'd saint you.
>>
>>1848643
I thought it was a Hippo he killed?
>>
>>1848643
Catholics are literal fucking retards
>>
>>1848506
Nah, bigass jellyfish, on fire, in the sky.
>>
>>1848482
My gentleman of illuminated extraction.
>>
>>1848677
I forgive you.
>>
>>1848704
Are you going to make me a saint now?
>>
>>1848807
No I become saint for forgiving you.
>>
>>1848643
Are you stupid? George was a fucking martyr who got killed for rejecting apostasy when Diocletian started persecuting christians.
>>
>>1848863
I just killed a squirrel. Will I become a saint now?
>>
>>1848914
Protestant squirrel?
>>
>>1848309
>The Drevlians begged for mercy and offered to pay for their freedom with honey and furs. She asked for three pigeons and three sparrows from each house, since she did not want to burden the villagers any further after the siege. They were happy to comply with such a reasonable request.

>Now Olga gave to each soldier in her army a pigeon or a sparrow, and ordered them to attach by thread to each pigeon and sparrow a piece of sulfur bound with small pieces of cloth. When night fell, Olga bade her soldiers release the pigeons and the sparrows. So the birds flew to their nests, the pigeons to the cotes, and the sparrows under the eaves. The dove-cotes, the coops, the porches, and the haymows were set on fire. There was not a house that was not consumed, and it was impossible to extinguish the flames, because all the houses caught on fire at once. The people fled from the city, and Olga ordered her soldiers to catch them. Thus she took the city and burned it, and captured the elders of the city. Some of the other captives she killed, while some she gave to others as slaves to her followers. The remnant she left to pay tribute.[3]
>>
>>1848309
Catholicism
>>
>>1848894
this
>>
>>1848309
Because modern Christianity is the slavish religion to the demiurge when it once was the exact opposite.

Jk, it's because once Christianity became the state religion they conveniently forgot everything Jesus actually taught and became a tool of the rulers to control the followers.
>>1848388
Never repented, you're making shit up. She is a genocidal, unforgiving, treacherous bitch and her and others like her being saints immediately destroy the credibility of the Church actually being the Church Jesus founded.
>>
>>1848929
baptist squirrel.
>>
>>1848942
Sounds like fanfiction desu
>>
>>1849000
She is a Eastern Orthodox saint isn't she? ;o
>>
File: 87550.png (88KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
87550.png
88KB, 300x256px
>>1848388
>calls Council of Nicaea, instrumental in defeating Ariamism
>exiles his very close friend for refusing to recant Arianism
>later allows his friend to come back after finally recanting
>friend proceeds to baptize him
>therefore Constantine is an Arian
>>
>>1849669

She's a saint in both churches
>>
>>1848309
Orthodorks canonise just about everyone.
>>
>>1850084
The Orthodox actually have waaaay fewer canonized than Catholics.

We canonized Olga because, well, she was a holy and righteous person. Citing that she was wicked when she was a heathen, when she wasn't even considering Christianity, let alone baptized, is really a ridiculous point to us, that's secular appraisal, not Christian appraisal. For us, some of the very worst sinners have become the holiest of saints.
>>
>>1848309
like a quarter of the saints are warlords or other such butchers, why are you surprised?
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 366x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 366x1000px
>>1848309
She is qt
>>
>>1850091
>holy and righteous for forcefully spreading your religion
>her previous sins are forgotten because "lol she was a heathen then so it dun count"
>meanwhile the people and culture she destroyed was still destroyed
>>
>>1848533
Don't choke on that dick, cuck.
>>
>>1848387
PROOFS?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
137KB, 1920x1080px
>>1848419
P R A I S E T H E S U N !
R
A
I
S
E

T
H
E

S
U
N
!
>>
>>1852686
that's sort of the trick of it all, yeah? it's like a pyramid scheme
>well mark here used to be like you
>poor, dirty, prone to spending his few dollars foolishly
>but then he met us and learned of our ways
>in no time at all mark had cleaned up and was earning glory and riches
>this could be you
they're like recruitment posters for the army.
>>
>>1853646
>hey son, you like camping?
>let me tell you about this other guy who camped a lot...
>>
>>1848677
I bet you still worship your barbaric ancestors, pagan imbecile.
>>
>>1853668
>He roasted marshmallows for your sins
>>
>>1848309
Lots of "royal saints" got in just because they were Christians in a pagan country.

Look at King Olaf of Norway. That guy was a right cunt who got thrown out of his own country for being a brutal tyrant and got killed trying to take it back with an army of foreigners and mercenaries. Subsequently, he became Norway's patron saint.
>>
>>1848894

well said
>>
>>1852739
>le deus vult the pagans xDDDD!!! gott mitt uns!!!!!!
>>
>>1852686
>waaah people DIED!
It literally happens every day. Stop crying over spilled milk.
>>
>>1848942
That right there is some creativity
>>
>>1855603
I don't really care that a bunch of people 1000 years ago died, but point is canonizing a person like that destroys any credibility the Orthodox Church has.
>>
>>1849082
>Never repented, you're making shit up. She is a genocidal, unforgiving, treacherous bitch and her and others like her being saints immediately destroy the credibility of the Church actually being the Church Jesus founded.

See>>1850091
>>
>>1856966
There's nothing that says she was holy or righteous or then her converting then proceeding to try to convert others. She never repented and she was only canonized for political reasons.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.