[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people venerate Longinus as a Saint when he stabbed Jesus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: longinus.jpg (148KB, 800x801px) Image search: [Google]
longinus.jpg
148KB, 800x801px
Why do some people venerate Longinus as a Saint when he stabbed Jesus?
>>
>>1847711
Because he converted later in life, and was required for the final sacrifice to be the final one
>>
Nobody really does though.
>>
>>1847718
I may be wrong but isn't he sort of putting Jesus out of his misery?
>>
>>1847711

>Catholic & Greek Orthodox Church
>Christian

Pick one
>>
>>1847778
What is it with /his/ and confessional fight? Cant we discuss Christianity, which is obviously important to us, without deepening the trenches between us?
>>
>>1847831
Proddy cucks are just mad that their faith is a sham. They say the Catholic and Orthodox churches are pagan, which isn't entirely untrue as both, particularly Catholicism absorbed a great deal from the old faiths of converted pagans.

Varg claims that all the countries that went Protestant are nowadays fairly irreligious compared to those that remained Catholic.
>>
File: 1443050955193.png (11KB, 470x454px) Image search: [Google]
1443050955193.png
11KB, 470x454px
>>1847778
wat?
>>
>>1848067
>Catholicism absorbed a great deal from the old faiths of converted pagans.

Maybe in a cultural context but not in overall dogma.
>>
>>1847738
he was already dead when it happened though right? He was just making sure.
>>
>>1848067
>particularly Catholicism absorbed a great deal from the old faiths of converted pagans.

It's a great meme, but the claim is baseless and always has been.
>>
>>1848070
Catholicism and Orthodoxy are heresies of Christianity.
>>
>>1848436
>>1848823
It took a lot from Neo-Platonism.
>>
>>1848832

So a heresy of a heresy is the one true apostolic faith?

Interesting...
>>
>>1848873
>Implying Judaism isn't just a heresy of Babylonian religion
>>
>>1847711
Because when you get crucified the way you die is a bunch of fluids start building up in your lungs and the chest area from hanging like that for so long so to relieve the pain you stab them in that area to let the fluids out.
>>
>>1850160
Nevermind he didnt want to relieve his pain because good old jesus had already croaked. Longinus was just checking if the dude was still kicking or not. The same way you poke a roadkill with a stick to see if it moves.
>>
File: Morionese Festival.jpg (2MB, 3091x1585px) Image search: [Google]
Morionese Festival.jpg
2MB, 3091x1585px
>>1847711
Going by the Catholic legend, Long was blind in one eye and he went out to check on Jesus if he was dead. Turns out he was. He wanted to see if he was truly dead so they can bring him down and not offend the Jews in their holiday, so he stabbed Jebus in the side. Blood and water splashed out of Jesus and into his mangled eye, which was insta-healed. He was converted on the spot and aided the early Christian cult. He paid for this with his life and he was beheaded after being found out.

>>1847778
Proddies mad they will never have a festival where a man designated as "Converted Longinus" will hide in an entire city while townsmen dressed as his ex-Legion comrades will hunt him house to house until he is found and only then will the festival end.
>>
>>1847778
I dislike Catholics as much as the next Lutheran, but you're retarded.

>>1848832
Literally not how it works. Besides, Pelagianism best heresy, and should become mainstream.
>>
>>1848512
Right. And out of the wound flowed blood and water
>>
>>1847718
Judas was required for Jesus to get on the cross in the first place but he got fucked over in the end anyway
>>
>>1850314
Not according to the Book of Judas.
>>
>>1850416
>Book of Judas
>Canon
>>
>>1850422
Deal w/it, Catholic.
>>
>>1847711

longinus was german lol, you literally cant make this shit up
>>
>>1850694
>I don't know how the Roman army worked
I mean, i doubt he was a Jerry, but it's not impossible.
>>
>>1847738
He was already dead when he was stabbed.
>>
>>1847778
you forgot the oriental churches.
>>
>>1847711
Because they're vampires.
>>
Longinus didn't exist, friends
>>
>>1850761

he is, actually, according to tradition, down to the town he came from. Its in a book called spear of destiny which is full of a whole lot of crazy, unsourced, made up shit, but this in particular is no where near as out there by comparison. I cant find mention of it anywhere else though
>>
>>1850865
Fair enough. That's my new thing learned for the day.
>>
>>1847711

Because they hate Jesus. Was that hard to cipher?
>>
>>1847738
No, they just didn't break Jesus' legs to kill him because he was already dead.

The spear in the heart proved he was already dead.

As the execution squad faced crucifixion if they bungled an execution, they wanted to make sure. 100% sure.
>>
>>1850877

with the caveat it could be complete bullshit given how goofy the book is, its quite a well known book though, at least enough to have been sitting in the occult section of your local borders back in the day. Its called spear of destiny by ted ravenscroft
>>
>>1850279
>I dislike Catholics as much as the next Lutheran, but you're retarded.

You appear to be the one in need of wearing a helmet on a daily basis, not him.
>>
>>1850694
That skelly was not him. They just named it after him.
>>
>>1850918
Oh yea, how do you figure, Papist?
>>
Lurking these threads is the greatest form of entertainment.
>>
>>1847711

the better question is, why does he look like Putin ?
>>
>>1850950
>Calls people pejoratively "papist".
>Still thinks Catholics are Christians.
>that cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>1848067
>Proddy cucks are just mad that their faith is a sham.

Says the OTHER anon that worships a dead Jew....
>>
>>1848067
>Being "religious" matters.
>>
File: Tips.jpg (47KB, 232x352px) Image search: [Google]
Tips.jpg
47KB, 232x352px
>be of European descent with your own religions
>get conquered by Romans and adopt their religions
>adopt Jew religion because that's what the Romans eventually did
>develop scientific method that discredits every seemingly "magical" aspect of every religion ever conceived
>cling to Jew religion regardless

Idiots.
>>
>>1851221
You're not making a lick of sense. Is this a lite version of shitposting?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.