[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/his/ Travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (13KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 275x183px
I posted this on /trv/ but I figured I try here too just to see if I get any new suggestions
What historical sites would you recommend visiting or even like to visit yourself. Battlefields/museums/tourist traps, that kind of stuff.
I'm more interested in European places but doesnt matter too much
>>
>>1846973
He said european
>>
Memeing aside, Turkey is an underrated place for history. So much great Roman history
>>
>>1847106
>>1846973
I don't mind either way, and Turkey is sorta part of Europe
>>
>>1846973
>turkic architecture

shitty out of place minarets don't count
>>
>>1846962
The Wallace collection, London, England. One of the finest art and weapons collections in the world. You can take a stroll trough Canaletto's and Rembrandt's and afterwards see some of the finest weaponry ever made.
>>
>>1847761
Definitely have to check that out next time I'm in London
>>
Bump in the form of a question.
Are all/most of the artifacts from the battle of Visby (OP pic related) in Stockholm or are they on Gotland?
>>
Petra would be cool to visit.

I'd love to visit some of the smaller towns in Iberia, ones that don't really get a lot of traffic and have stayed pretty insular.

Never been to Rome but I've been told it's an absolute must by people into history/culture. Might do it solo at some stage so that I can explore what I want at my own pace.

Vienna looks amazing architecturally, and all the Austrians I've met have been cool. Kinda under appreciated in terms of 20th century history imo - a lot of BIG names lived there.
>>
>>1852220
I used to always think Petra was made up. I mean it just looks so surreal.
>>
>>1847444
yeah ephesus was incredible
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.