[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History of the world: every year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: history.jpg (253KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
history.jpg
253KB, 2000x1000px
Wow, this video is beautiful, how accurate is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Wu0Q7x5D0
>>
File: bump.png (261KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
bump.png
261KB, 512x512px
Bump.
I'm also interested to see if anyone can spot any flaws. Oh and this does seem to be an improved upon version.
>>
>>1843453
These things are never accurate because borders are rarely historically codified with great precision until the middle of the 17th century
>>
>>1843453
No, because anything that shows clean borders between countries pre-1789 is basically nonsense. In reality there were overlapping layers of authority with no single sovereign over most territories.
>>
>>1844211
>>1844224
pure autism
>>
>>1844224
>borders didn't exist until the 19th century
Source: your ass.
>>
>>1844229
>>1844231
t. only learned about history by reading wikipedia
>>
>>1844238
t. Only learned about history through going to borders constructed in 1789
>>
>>1844288
If you're trying to insult someone, at least write a coherent sentence, because I can't for the life of me figure out what this garbled mess is even supposed to mean.
>>
>>1844299
You went to a border, constructed in 1789, and that is how you learnt about history.
>>
>>1843453
Guess, it depends on who you ask.
>>
>>1844325
Please clarify.
>>
>>1844325
I'm sure this makes to your autism-addled mind, but not to normal people. What does it even mean to go to a border constructed in 1789 to learn about history? Like physically go to the actual border? Shit desu I can't decipher this cryptic shit
>>
>>1844332
You did not know about history, but one day you realised the path to know about history was to go to national boundaries. To your dismay you discovered that none existed before 1789 and thus, you never learnt about history prior to then.
>>
>>1844211
>>1844238

Pre-modern agrarian societies were incredibly anal about boundary lines of all kinds, because they are very important when land is the main thing you have. If you read primary sources, you'll find endless conflicts and lawsuits about accusations that people moved boundary markers. Anywhere you look. Ancient Egypt, viking Iceland, settler New England, doesn't matter, same shit until modernity.

The video obviously lumps together the ground-level landholders into societies, and doesn't distinguish the composites from single states, but then again, the ground-level landholders pretty much everywhere were organized into strong hierarchies that make this lumping easy and appropriate.
>>
File: 4HgSpk3.jpg (230KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
4HgSpk3.jpg
230KB, 598x792px
>>1844229
>>1844231
>>
>>1843453
>Van Lang
>Not a Viet's wet dream
wew lad
>>
>>1844356
>make this lumping easy and appropriate
Everything else you say is true, but this is blatantly false. Because the "lumping" occurred on multiple different levels, and one territory might be "lumped" together with others for one purpose, but "lumped" with all together different ones for a different purpose (not to mention cases in which the "lumping" was hotly disputed). So reading back the modern approach of land belonging to one sovereign state and one sovereign state only is inaccurate
>>
>>1844361
>acknowledging stefan's existence
leave now
>>
File: 1470766700601.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470766700601.png
1MB, 800x800px
>>1844375
>pre-1789
>defined borders
>>
>>1843453
greece stops being a civilization around 1000BC and becomes a proto-civilization
What lad?
>>
File: ME.jpg (180KB, 523x720px) Image search: [Google]
ME.jpg
180KB, 523x720px
>>1843453
>Baltic sea during the Ice Age

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>1843453
What the fuck is that map anon? Tell me it isn't a linguistic map, because Jesus fuck that would be so retarded it would give a run for its money to /gsg/ oc.
>>
>>1843453

Pre-Columbian American civilizations are almost completely absent. It would be better to leave the western hemisphere out completely than include only Aztecs, Maya, and Inca.
>>
>>1844356

Boundaries between neighboring farms might have been important, but generally not neighboring countries, for the simple reason that the fringes of society would basically be empty. Who cares who "controls" an empty patch of woods 20 miles from the nearest village?
>>
>>1846116
Yes, the Hellenic dark ages cause by the Bronze age collapse, that's basic knowledge man.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.