[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Four kinds of treasures that people accumulate are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

File: medicine.jpg (497KB, 1777x1968px) Image search: [Google]
medicine.jpg
497KB, 1777x1968px
Angasama Nidhana - money and wealth, valuable things

Jangama Nidhana - possesions to use away from home, cattle and other living things

Thavara Nidhana - immovable property like houses and land

Anugamika Nidhana - Store of merits that follow us like our shadow from this life to the next as inheritance to support us
>>
File: Refuge_TripleGem.jpg (78KB, 700x555px) Image search: [Google]
Refuge_TripleGem.jpg
78KB, 700x555px
Four kinds of People and How they attend their Duties

>Those who look after themselves as well as others

>Those who look only after themselves

>Those who only look out for others and ignore their own welfare

>Those who neglect their own welfare and neglect also welfare of others
>>
File: Godblessbuddha.jpg (92KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
Godblessbuddha.jpg
92KB, 638x479px
Four wishes Hard to Win

>"May wealth come to me by lawful means"

>"Being wealthy, may I, my relatives and teachers win good fame"

>"May I, my relatives and teachers enjoy a long life"

>"After death, may I be reborn in a happy heavenly world"
>>
File: 3d-buddha-1-2-s-307x512.jpg (32KB, 368x307px) Image search: [Google]
3d-buddha-1-2-s-307x512.jpg
32KB, 368x307px
>>1843388
>Four Conditions conductive to fulfilling Wishes

Perfection of Faith (confidence in the Buddha)

Perfection of Virtue (observing five precepts)

Perfection of Generosity

Perfection of Wisdom (by clearing the mind of covetousness, malice, sloth and torpor, distraction and flurry, doubt and wavering)
>>
File: un-170-608x400.jpg (45KB, 608x400px) Image search: [Google]
un-170-608x400.jpg
45KB, 608x400px
Four Duties for One's Own Happiness

>Utthana Sampada -

Skillfulness, efficiency, earnestness and energy

>Arakkha Sampada -

Protection of income from thieves and natural disasters

>Kalyana Mittata -

Having reliable friends

>Sama Jivikata -

Spending reasonably and living within one's own means
>>
File: 1476146858835.jpg (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476146858835.jpg
3MB, 1920x1200px
>>1843339
bumping quality thread

I've been reading a lot of Buddhism the past few months, thanks for the handy glossary OP
>>
File: bud.jpg (9KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
bud.jpg
9KB, 197x256px
Four Kinds of People - How They Mould Their Lives

>Those who go from darkness to darkness

While leasing a miserable life they commit more evil

>Those who go from light to darkness

While enjoying their lives with previous good karma they commit more evil

>Those who go from darkness to light

By knowing that they are suffering in this life for their previous bad karma, they try to cultivate nobility in their lives

>Those who go from light to light

While experiencing a pleasurable life, they do more meritorious deeds to gain happiness in their future lives
>>
File: budh.jpg (14KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
budh.jpg
14KB, 236x236px
>>1843339
Proper uses of hard-earned wealth

>A man contrives to make himself happy along with his parents, children and wife, servants, workmen, friends and comrades

>He secures his wealth against all misfortune

>He performs his (fivefold) duties to relatives, guests, departed ones, petas, to the government (right authority government, as simply just "government" which might have indication of ruin or "lawlessness"), and to the devas

>He offers necessities to the recluses and to the brahmins to purify and to calm his mind
>>
File: 2016-10-18-19-37-59-701900818.jpg (17KB, 285x176px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-18-19-37-59-701900818.jpg
17KB, 285x176px
Four Noble Truths

>Duhka
There is Suffering

>Samudaya
Cause of Suffering

>Niroda
There is an end to suffering

>Marga
There is a path to end all suffering
>>
>>1843430
"As this is a Dhamma text, we request that it be treated with respect. If you are finished with it, please pass it on to others or offer it to a monastery, school or public library. Thanks for your co-operation. Namo Amitabha!"
>>
Can somebody recommend me good books on Buddhism fornsomeone who has no knowledge?

This thread has been interesting.
>>
>>1845626
LMAO Buddhism and HInduisma are the only religion who fight the muslims the cuckstians suck their dick and welcome them like the good subhumans they are.

t theravadin
>>
>>1845647
calm DOWN
>>
>>1845498
Living Buddha Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hanh is very good and very easy to read.
>>
>>1845626
>>1845647
>>1845822
There is concern with the quality of the posts on this website. Some people like to come online and learn valuable tid-bits of info, while others only come on here to get off by swearing at eachother.
>>
>>1845626
Haha no
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.