[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lockerbie Bombing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: lockerbie.jpg (683KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
lockerbie.jpg
683KB, 2560x1536px
What was the motive behind the Lockerbie bombing?

Here is a video of Gaddafi's son admitting that they used purposefully obfuscated language in their admission in order to absolve themselves of guilt because they hadn't actually done it, they simply admitted to it in order to remove sanctions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzkjbFa_veg

http://www.un.org/press/en/2003/sc7868.doc.htm

But why was the plane bombed in the first place?
>>
Are you British? Hypernormalisation explains everything to do with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04iWYEoW-JQ

tl;dr
Syrian revenge for the shooting down of a plane by the Americans.
>>
>>1843330
That guy's a hack.

>hur dur connect all these events together and put their motives and practices under the banner of this term i have popularised/invented

no thanks
>>
>>1843340
> I don't want an open mind, nor a well-researched theory on the matter.

You're part of the problem, son.
>>
>>1843357
Er, no I'm not, your friend Adam Curtis is. If you can't see he has an agenda then you're an idiot.

He is literally no different to /pol/tards who make imagecharts, you just can't see it because of the high production value and editing and *scary* obscure music.
>>
>>1843373
Do you ever speak without memes?

Refute any of his points then.
>>
>>1843384
The video is already 5 minutes in and he has consistently used descriptive language about the motives of these bankers without any evidence. All anti-Capitalist rhetoric, not that I believe the free-market should run our lives.

Listen, it's going to be hard for you to realise this because you think he's credible but I ADVISE that you go back through the video you just linked, and literally just watch the first five minutes. To the untrained eye, it seems as though he is this moral man bringing you some truth about the shadowy figures of government but he is literally no different from all the work I've seen of his from anti-Semites in their desire to find Jews in everything.

You might think what I'm saying is absurd but all he literally does, like all of these supposed gifted political commentators is use confirmation bias, selected old clips mashed together, spooky music and a shadowy narrative without any clear definitions to allow it less scrutiny.

Just watch the first 5 minutes, it's not 2 minutes in before he says "This is where it all started." Where what started Adam? Worldwide banking control? DO YOU have any evidence? Will you present it to me? No. He won't. What he will do is mish mash statements and claims and videos and documents and people in positions of power, but he won't give any 'real' evidence. Just my opinion.
>>
>>1843330
>>
>>1843384
>>1843403
Ah, what a fucking hack.

I just got to the bit where he says Dr. Strangelove was intended to be Henry Kissinger.

Complete nonsense, I'm a film enthusiast and have read Kubrick's interviews along with details about all his films. He denied outright that Dr. Strangelove was based on Kissinger.

He then goes on to make a bunch of fucking descriptive statements about what Kissinger thinks of himself without literally any evidence from friends or from Kissinger himself.

(I don't like Kissinger btw)

God, I hate this Curtis guy so much.
>>
>>1843403
Nowhere in any of his works does he say 'you must believe this'.

He merely offers a contrasting point-of-view with interesting footage, interviews, *evidence*; something missing in modern media.

>>1843441
> look at this I found on Twitter
Wow, a film maker has tropes. More news at 10.
>>
>>1843460
>I'm a film enthusiast
So you have as much evidence and know-how as anyone else - that is, completely fucking none.
>>
>>1843479
Here is the link to a Biography of Peter Seller, I uploaded it for you:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/di34nand6wsxtab/Ed_Sikov_Mr._Strangelove_A_Biography_of_Peter_Sellers.epub

CTRL+F 'Kissinger'
>>
>>1843479
"As though a satire about bombing all of humanity to death wasn’t gruesome enough, Kubrick brought in as a technical consultant the photographer Weegee, who was known for having taken stark, emotionally charged photographs of an estimated five thousand murder scenes over the course of his grim career. Named Usher Fellig at birth, Weegee moved with his family to New York at the age of ten; officials at Ellis Island changed his name to Arthur. As a photographer, he seemed to be clairvoyant in terms of knowing where crimes had been committed; Weegee often arrived on the scene before the police. Hence his nickname (inspired by the Ouija board). Officially, Weegee’s technical consultations involved Dr. Strangelove’s periodically harsh, crime-scene–like black-and-white cinematography, but because he had an unusual accent—German overlaid with New York, all with a nasal, slightly strangled, back-of-the-throat quality—he inadvertently provided technical assistance for the film’s star as well.
“I vas psychic!,” Weegee told Peter on the set one day—a conversation Peter was taping for research purposes. “I vould go to a moidah before it vas committed!” Peter’s vocal model for Strangelove was Weegee, whom Sellers pushed further into parody.
(Contemporary audiences sometimes assume that Strangelove’s accent was based at least in part on Henry Kissinger’s, but although Kissinger was one of Kennedy’s security advisors, he was not a public figure when Dr. Strangelove was made. Kubrick himself denied the association: “I think this is slightly unfair to Kissinger.... It was certainly unintentional. Neither Peter nor I had ever seen Kissinger before the film was shot.”)"
>>
>>1843287
>What was the motive behind the Lockerbie bombing?

Vengeance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655
>>
>>1843403
Truth.

He has some dope music though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph2KMKr5YSw
>>
File: F-111F_GBU-10_bound_for_Libya.jpg (672KB, 1920x1269px) Image search: [Google]
F-111F_GBU-10_bound_for_Libya.jpg
672KB, 1920x1269px
>>1843287

Revenge for Operation El Dorado Canyon (ironically itself retaliation for Libyan sponsored bombings of US military installations in Germany).

Several of Gaddafi's family members were killed in the raid on Tripoli, including one of his granddaughters.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.