[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens to my consciousness after I suicide?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: 1476318620895.jpg (28KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1476318620895.jpg
28KB, 640x360px
What happens to my consciousness after I suicide?
>>
>>1843120
Annihilation.
>>
Your last moments are perceived so slowly that they effectively last forever.

Don't tell anyone but through this mechanism we're essentially immortal.
>>
File: 51761730.jpg (172KB, 1024x942px) Image search: [Google]
51761730.jpg
172KB, 1024x942px
>>1843166
NOOOOOOOOO MAKE IT STOP
>>
>>1843120
The same thing that happens in every new instant. You just have no experience of the lapses, so your counsciousness seems very continuous.

But you probably want to hear some interesting theories, no?

>Solipsism is the truth, all of reality is contingent on your counsciousness so it either ceases to be with you or you can't actually "die".
>Quantum immortality, you will survive your suicide attempt no matter how improbable your survival may be. You may still end up messed up. Your counsciousness always exists in one of the timelines where you survive.
>You are a Boltzmann brain, you aren't really "alive", you are just a very instable inteligence born out of quantum flunctuations, formed with complete memories, about to fade back into the quantum soup - combine this with quantum immortality like above.
>You wake and find you are actually a butterfly.
>You go to Sheol or Hades, there is no judgement, no punishment, and no salvation.
>You end up in a place you are pretty sure is Christian hell, but after several kappa you are reborn with your bad karma burned off - you were actually in one of the many Buddhist hells.
>You have to cross a bridge that is as wide as your soul is good.
>You are screwed because we don't mummify people anymore and we really, really sure because those Egyptians were right all along.
>>
I have interest in this thread.

I have a colleague who is mentally disabled.

He has a very miserable existence, dealing with a lot of pain, and very poor bodily functions.

Also I'm the only person that talks to him. He had a violent childhood.

He's a good person though. Despite being so fucked up you can see there still is a soul inside him. I think he could be an outstanding individual wasn't he for his insane bad luck.

I wonder what kind of thing happens to these people once they die, either through suicide or other ways.

It is saddening because my impression is that reality just fades away and everything disappears.
>>
It never existed in the first place
>>
>>1843331
I was already depressed but this is really fucking with me
>>
>>1843494
I didn't even mention the fact that he has lived in a hospital for 4 years now and has memory lapses.
>>
File: hatme.gif (2MB, 250x479px) Image search: [Google]
hatme.gif
2MB, 250x479px
>>1843335
>>
>>1843120
Where was it before you were born?
>>
>>1843500
You should bring him heroin. Give him something that will make him feel great for once in his life.
>>
>>1843518
Good tip
>>
File: 1473184605255.jpg (106KB, 574x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473184605255.jpg
106KB, 574x500px
>>1843120
In a dreamless sleep, am I really alive?
>>
File: Trial5.jpg (58KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Trial5.jpg
58KB, 960x540px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tliWDMrOjoQ
>>
This sets back your soul development somewhat. You are reincarnated on a lesser plane or as a non-sapient being.
>>
File: 1399263464573.jpg (67KB, 610x288px) Image search: [Google]
1399263464573.jpg
67KB, 610x288px
>he still thinks consciousness exists
>>
>>1843191
you forgot
>become a spoopy ghost and fuck with people for shits and giggles
>>
Makes me wonder too. The two most logical answers is that's gone, or some how can recycle into a newer lifeform - maybe not the "soul", but if we're randomly created and conscious now, could that mean it could be recreated somewhere else? what makes this consciousness individual at all?
>>
>>1843853
Shouldn't weed be enough? Besides, I don't think he craves for that kind of satisfaction.
>>
File: play.gif (486KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
play.gif
486KB, 400x250px
>>1843335
>>1845088
>disgusting non-solipsists not near me
>>
File: 5532e21.jpg (38KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
5532e21.jpg
38KB, 600x511px
>>1847135
>[SPEAKING]
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.