[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Periods of history that could make great vidya settings. I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: 1d_Sun_Yat-sen-1.jpg (175KB, 745x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1d_Sun_Yat-sen-1.jpg
175KB, 745x1000px
Periods of history that could make great vidya settings. I'll start.

>China near the collapse of the Qing Dynasty in the late 1900s
>>
File: BoxerSoldiers.jpg (264KB, 528x627px) Image search: [Google]
BoxerSoldiers.jpg
264KB, 528x627px
>>1842262
This. Absolutely this. Where is my Boxer Rebellion FPS?
>>
File: the garden.jpg (177KB, 762x459px) Image search: [Google]
the garden.jpg
177KB, 762x459px
>>1842270
I imagine more of a Rockstar type game
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whore_of_the_Orient

Closest we could have gotten
>>
I'd like to see a Boxer Rebel as a hero in Overwatch with all the feats they believed they were capable of
>>
File: chiang.jpg (132KB, 800x715px) Image search: [Google]
chiang.jpg
132KB, 800x715px
>>1842278
>The Kuomintang ruthlessly puts down labor movements in an effort to suppress communism
But Chiang is best.
>>
>>1842300
Is that a peanut?
>>
>>1842262
Middle East, post-WWII to present. There were countries using BF-109s next to Shermans, old Renault FTs, and traditional muskets all at the asme time. Also so many foreign actors and factions too. It's a pity that it's too politically charged thanks to the Israel business for a commercially successful game.
>>
File: sandpebbles.png (294KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
sandpebbles.png
294KB, 720x304px
>>1842303
Main stem stop wow.
>>
File: photo_09.jpg (322KB, 726x1024px) Image search: [Google]
photo_09.jpg
322KB, 726x1024px
>>1842262
>>1842270
Pic related might just be the literally the closet we'll come to to touching any of that, let alone the time period
>>
>>1842262
Sandbox game set on Cuba during Cuban missile crisis
>>
File: Iran 1750 - death of nader shah.png (54KB, 1051x576px) Image search: [Google]
Iran 1750 - death of nader shah.png
54KB, 1051x576px
>>1842262
The fall of the Safavid and Afsharid dynasties would make for a great Dynasty/Samurai Warriors-like game, but nobody gives a shit or knows about the period.

And of course there's 19th century Central Asia that would make for a great adventure, survival and/or sandbox game.
>>
>>1842262
>Qing Empire
>late 1900s
???
>>
>>1842426
1912 is already too late for those filthy manchus to finally fall
>>
>tfw there will never be an overhaul mod for cities; skylines or a similar game in the same style wherein you get to manage a comfy hanseatic trading outpost in the baltic and gradually grow it into a significant town
wake me up
>>
File: bioshock infinite.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bioshock infinite.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
Gilded Age America is the best setting

>Union Labor fighting for rights

>Pinkerton agents being assassins for hire

>US gvernment even more under the thumb of big bisness than it is now

>Industrial Revolution making life more amazing than ever before

At least we got Bioshock Infinite out of it, but there should be way more games set in the Gilded age
>>
>>1842262
>tfw you will never be a Hong Kong police officer listening to 80s music while blasting Triads with a MAC-10 inna Kowloon Walled City
>tfw you will never drop two thousand pounds of education with a ten-rupee jezzail during the Arghan wars
>tfw you will never roll with bro-tier Bedouin cavalry and fuck up Ottomans from horseback
>tfw you will never slot floppies with mercenary bros and a FN FAL in African bush wars
>tfw you will never sail in a pre-dreadnought battleship and pump incompetent Russians full of broadsides
>tfw you will never chose to join the fascist Freikorps, democratic Iron Front, or commie Rotfrontkämpferbund paramilitaries in uprisings, putsch-attempts, street fighting and sabotage actions in the Ruhr during the Wiemar Republic
>tfw you will never amass your fleet of pirate junks and fuck shit up around the coast of China
>tfw you will never try to survive the turmoil of a revolution in a Soviet Bloc country
>tfw you will never go on an adventure filled with danger and daring thievery on the Silk Road
>tfw you will never fight the British as a Gurkha with a kukri and musket combo
>tfw you won't get to explore the untamed wilderness and establish ties with the First Nations while defending Canadienne qt.3.14s from the marauding British invaders
>tfw you won't get to revive the Mongol Empire while fighting Bolsheviks as a batshit insane Russian noble

Because the vidya industry is full of uninteresting overdone settings and doesn't seem to want to change. I think about this a lot.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.