[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anybody else agree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: biggestwars.png (223KB, 830x437px) Image search: [Google]
biggestwars.png
223KB, 830x437px
does anybody else believe that we have reached the "end of history"? I honestly believe that philosophies such as globalism, internationalism and Marxism have severely slowed down the refining of cultures, occurrence of conflicts, aswell as the development of news schools of thought. I think there may eventually be a complete stop in human development, an "end to history".Similar to neitzche's "final man".
>>
>>1842192
No.

History will stop when we forget how to write.
>>
>>1842192

Everyone has always thought this. They've always been wrong.
>>
>>1842202
This. And the amnesia will last millennia. Then, when the cities have been reclaimed by the trees and the ports by the sea, man will remember how to write again and think he is the first.
>>
It's Eurocentric and also pretty naive. It's a product of American and Western European ignorance and hubris.

Democracy and liberal values are as Western as monarchy, militarism, nationalism, and fascism are. Westerners are just blind to this fact.
>>
I don't understand what new trends in thought and governance have anything to do with "ending" history. History ends when there is no human alive to record human actions.
>>
>>1842202
>>1842239
>>1842242
>>1842246

i dont literally mean "ending history"....

im talking about more of a "last man" type deal. Events start to stagnate, the world isnt as romanticized and people dont get animated by ideals as much.
>>
If anything this infographic just shows that we are due for a big war kicking off any year now.

Also, history is more than wars between European countries.
>>
>>1842242
>monarchy and militarism inherently western
c'mon buddy
>>
>>1842192
>le Napoleonic Wars meme
This pisses me off so much.

The other European powers were engaged in a virtually ceaseless war with France ever since the beginning of the revolution. They only stopped when the revolution ended and the monarchy was restored.

But, we hate Napoleon, right? So lets put his name on it and make him out to be a tyrannical little shit to blame him for the killing.

Robespierre was worst than Napoleon by far.
>>
>>1842264
Monarchy as practiced by the Europeans was very unique. Western militarism is also an inherently Western concept. Countries such as Japan or China can adopt militarism, but they only did so after being exposed to Western ideals.

Besides, militarizing to defend yourself against Western militarism is a bit different.
>>
No

If what you're saying even has a truth to it this period would just be known as the "_____ Ages"
>>
>>1842287
>Robespierre was worst than Napoleon by far
But Robespierre opposed the start of the French Revolutionary wars?
>>
>>1842192
I think and even Fukuyama himself is no longer a Fukuyamaist.
t. Zizek
>>
>>1842192
Your chart goes from long war to short war to long war to short war then to long war

Does that mean WWIII will be a short war?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.