[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a european middle ages army fight a war against a dragon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: dragonhuman.jpg (177KB, 2057x1169px) Image search: [Google]
dragonhuman.jpg
177KB, 2057x1169px
Could a european middle ages army fight a war against a dragon?
For the sake of reference, let's say that the dragon is the size in the pic, can breathe fire, and is capable of limited flight because physics are gay. Let's say that the dragon has invaded Britain in the year 1450.

What sort of tactics could the British army use to fight such a beast?
>>
>>1841016

Sneak up on it at night and carve it's throat out.
>>
>British Army
>1450
About 350 years early there anon
>>
>>1841016
Convert him to christianity
>>
>>1841016
>poison arrows
>lots of them
>>
If its the size of the pic then it could be killed easily there are birds bigger than it.
>>
File: yifan hou.jpg (73KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
yifan hou.jpg
73KB, 720x720px
>>1841050
>>
>>1841016
Yes, if they have someone important enough or with a strong enough faith to possess and wield holy arms and armour.
Anyone ever read the Faerie Queene, now that we're here? I really enjoyed Book 1 so far; too bad Spenser never completed his vision.
>>
>>1841016
a 95kg projectile thrown over a distance of 300 metres would do him in
>>
Giant Ballista or Trebuchet would probably do it.
>>
>>1841050
lol, get a bigger monitor poorfag.
>>
>>1841406
>>1841455
Doubtful. The dragon could cross the effective range of any medieval artillery in a few steps.

Even something like a bear or boar has very thick skin and bones that act almost like armor. I have read the journal of an explorer in Florida who encountered an alligator for the first time. Without firearms, he said, they were very difficult to kill.

The most likely way to pierce the dragon's skin would be with cannons loaded with large, bronze-fletched steel arrows. But even then you could only count on them to fly maybe 1000 yards total. You'd need a lot of them.
>>
You dont fight that.
Release some poisoned (venomous?) Sheep/cows. Apply the poison on the skin or something in the event that the dragón only eats what he hunts.
Burn any other thing in the área that he could eat in order to force him to hunt the cows/sheeps

Rinse and repeat until the lizard is dead. Enjoy your dragonbone armor
>>
>>1841053

I played against her once in a simul. Still got crushed.
>>
>>1841043
>dragons
>christian

I don't think they would be keen on it after St. George killed a dragon.
>>
File: 1476758996675.jpg (34KB, 403x361px) Image search: [Google]
1476758996675.jpg
34KB, 403x361px
>>1841016
>1450
> The British army
>Dragons
>>
Humans are SPECIALLY adapted for hunting huge and aggressive animals using teamwork

This is a cakewalk
>>
File: 1474589443970.jpg (20KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
1474589443970.jpg
20KB, 419x419px
>>1841016
>dragons everywhere in middle ages lore
>spread from europe to the qing dynasty
>no more dragons today
>yfw european armies already killed them all
2 EZ come back with a hard question OP
>>
chop his nigger ass up

toss the pieces into the river before they can reattach

bang gwynivyre, sperm her & lick the sword

you win
>>
>>1841050
t. australian
>>
>>1841016
>1450

Cannon the shit out of his scaly ass.
>>
Is the dragon intelligent or is just a big animal? If it's intelligent, does it know magic (beyond being able to exist and breathe fire ofc)? If it doesn't now any magic then does it want to rule us or just eat us? A dragon seeing to rule us could find willing pawns among the humans and would almost inevitably win, albeit there would be an on-going resistance to its rule (but that's just more criminals to hunt down and eat).
>>
Give the dragon a lecture how life is worse enough and how the dragon has no right to bully anyone.
I'm going back to >>>/tg/ now, bye.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.