[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: confucius.png (104KB, 215x198px) Image search: [Google]
confucius.png
104KB, 215x198px
If the world became lawless tomorrow (much like the purge), nobody would doubt that there'd be so much looting and rioting, stealing, raping, etc. But this means that people have to build a backbone for trust.
Obviously, tribalism would occur, and we'd trust family over friends, friends over society, etc.

Wouldn't then a lawless society be a precursor to a society based on honour.

And if that is true, then wouldn't that make capitalism and the state "dishonourable" ?

pic unrelated
>>
>>1840563
>capitalism
Capitalism depends on the signing and fulfillment of contracts in addition to the need to please customers.
I dont see how that's dishonorable
>>
File: keity.jpg (54KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
keity.jpg
54KB, 600x593px
>>1840563
No because this isn't a problem in countries made up by homogeneous populations or liberals.

Look at Japan and how they handeled the Tsunami incident.
Even the fucking Yakuza was out working as relief workers while providing aid in the form of billions yen.

Again, this is part of white man syndrome, so please do not include us people who are proud of our race into your own disability to unite as one.
>>
>>1841384
unironically this, the t*rk has a point, homogeneous population tend to be more unified and share stronger sense of values
>>
>>1840563
You seem to have forgotten that the only difference between the earliest humans and what you're proposing is that we have smartphones
>>
Honour society has some nice parts to it, but in all honesty it's mostly horrible.

Look at arabs if you want a honour based society, they go from "my family has very good relations in its home town" to "my daughter had sex before marriage? Burn her!"

States have a much harder time working in such societies, mostly because no one in these places honours fair bureaucracy.
>>
>>1841418
the bad part of honour society is probably higher social control and high expectations that come with it

different societies led to different outcome i think, in east asia it led to suicides, and in middle east it led to honour killing

depend on the kind of state, if they're aligned with the societal norm they go hand in hand
>>
>>1840563
It's not laws that stop people from killing each other. Even if there were no laws, there would always be consequences for murder (indeed, said consequences would often be much worse). More importantly, generally speaking, empathy coupled with the rarity of murder being in one's self interest prevents it.

Granted, any minority segment that feels extremely oppressed and enslaved by the system of society will go hog wild once released from that oppression, but that only lasts so long.

A lawless society, however, is just a precursor to one built on laws. Eventually, some group becomes powerful enough to decide order is in its best interest and enforce its dictates upon the rest. If said group is smart, they'll make it look like it was the idea of the rest of the populous and in their best interest. (And, sometimes, it actually is - at least for a time.)
>>
>>1841431
Well ye if the state is a medieval monarchy then sure it could work quite well, but when you start to talk about things like taxes, mandatory army inscription, universal health care or the other 1001 different things that came along with modern states, you find that these societies hold back the "progress".
>>
>>1841418
>Look at arabs if you want a honour based society, they go from "my family has very good relations in its home town" to "my daughter had sex before marriage? Burn her!"
Nothing wrong with this Tbh
>>
>>1841418
That's not honor, that's fundamentalist religion.

If it was an honor based society, both mom and pah would kill themselves for raising such a slut.

Oddly, I suspect this would actually be more effective at cutting down on such slutty behavior.
>>
>>1841384
Goatfucker
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.