[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What primary sources do wish survived to the present day? For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

What primary sources do wish survived to the present day? For me it is tied between Ptolemy's autobiography and the first parts of Ammianus Marcellinus' works regarding the Roman Empire.
>>
The Gospel of Jesus, Whatever was in the Great Pyramids and everything that was destroyed at Alexandria.
>>
Plutarch's lost lives of Epaminondas and Scipio Africanus.

Contemporary histories of Alexander, like the one by Nearchus.

I also wish Lily's history survived complete. And that there were no lacunae in Polybius.
>>
>>1840408

>Lily

Livy, fug :DDDDD
>>
>>1840338
Claudius' histories of the Etruscans and Caesar's rise to power.

Also literally anything from the Achaemenid and Parthian dynasties of Iran.
>>
All the Maya codices burned by the Spaniards during the Conquest, even though most were already gone by that time.
>>
>>1840338
Julian the Apostate's Against the Galilaeans.

I'm genuinely curious what the beliefs of early Christians are before the thousands of years of editing.

And just what his arguments were that so BTFO of Christianity they purposely didn't write down his stronger points because they couldn't refute them and feared others seeing them.
>>
>>1840550
probably noting that christianity was literally just taking judaism and adding pagan rituals to it
>>
The NKVD documents where they planned how to fake the holocaust.
>>
>>1840583
>christianity was literally just taking judaism and adding pagan rituals to it
this coming from the religion that practices shit like kapparoth and toilet rituals
>>
The lacuna in Tacitus' Annals that covered 36-46 AD.
>>
>>1840499
This so much.

I want some mayan Buddha level philosophy senpai.
>>
Pyrrhus' writings on war.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.