[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was California "stolen" from Mexico?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: California_in_United_States.svg.png (524KB, 2000x1238px) Image search: [Google]
California_in_United_States.svg.png
524KB, 2000x1238px
Was California "stolen" from Mexico?
>>
>land belongs to people

Might is Right.
>>
>>1835653
Yes and Mexico stole it from the Native Americans.
>>
File: hispanic-america.jpg (213KB, 950x764px) Image search: [Google]
hispanic-america.jpg
213KB, 950x764px
>>1835654
I presume you're okay with this, then?
>pic related
>>
File: doggo.jpg (44KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
44KB, 540x540px
>>1835668
Well if there might is strong enough then they'll have the right. Gnome sayin esse?
>>
>>1835668
>hispanic citizens suddenly aren't americans
por que
>>
>>1835668
>16.3 - 49.9%

That's a stupidly wide range.
>>
>>1835654
Why is it the same kind of people who talk about might is right always use moral and ethical arguments rather than their pseudo-darwinist anthropological ones when talking about ISIS, multiculturalism and Hillary
>>
>>1835668

Might is right regardless. You lose.

>>1835695

>why is it blah blah blah I made things up about my supposed enemy on the internet
>>
>>1835695
But they don't?
ISIS is a threat to regional stability, which threatens our access to oil, and the flow of migrants induced by them is having a dire affect on our close European allies.
>>
File: gnome.jpg (25KB, 266x285px) Image search: [Google]
gnome.jpg
25KB, 266x285px
>>1835692
With the colours not being as nearly enough contrasting as they should be.
>>
>>1835654
*tips
>>
>>1835715

>he has no argument to the contrary
>>
>>1835699

'>why is it blah blah blah I made things up about my supposed enemy on the internet'

Um, what? If you pull your head out of your ass for a single second you'd realise how many reactionarytards have double standards. If you want to follow a paradigm, be fucking consistent

>>1835700
If you cared about your 'close European allies' why did you invade and destabilise Afghanistan , Iraq and Libya, which has been one of the key catalysts to the refugee crisis? You don't give a shit about Europeans
>>
>>1835726

I'm not a reactionary but thanks for playing.
>>
File: ueuMds4.0.png (167KB, 950x765px) Image search: [Google]
ueuMds4.0.png
167KB, 950x765px
>>1835685
Some are part American
>>
>>1835726
Why did they invade along side us?
We're not their fucking parents, you know.
>>
>>1835726

>If you cared about your 'close European allies' why did you invade and destabilise Afghanistan , Iraq and Libya, which has been one of the key catalysts to the refugee crisis? You don't give a shit about Europeans

hindsight is 20/20
>>
Land only """belongs""" to whoever can hold it
>>
>>1835653
SI!
VIVA LA RECONQUISTA!
>>
>>1835726
>refugee crisis
Answered your own question. Mass removal of the people who inhabit the area you wish to control is a great way to create stability in said area. Sure, it creates some fucked up dynamics in your backyard, but Oil is king. Don't mess with Oil.
>>
>>1835732
> North Carolina

How did Jackson overlook that?
>>
>>1835745
You basically are considering Europe relies on the USA to defend itself.
>>
>>1835653
They stole it from Spain so nothing wrong about stealing it from the Mexicans
>>
>>1835653
Yes, we pretty much conquered a land that we had no historical claim too against a much weaker country. It wasn't uncommon at the time. However, turning back the clock doesn't make the everything better. The people living there want to live in America and not Mexico and Attempting to annex territory from a global hegamon is always more trouble than its worth.
>>
>>1835668
Not him, but it's the most perfect and modern case of the weak defeating the strong. The weak are sly.
>>
>>1835668
How is Texas a Republican stronghold?
>>
>>1835910
>They stole it from Spain
that's pretty much like saying that americans stole America from Britain. Not pretty accurated.
>>
>>1835653
BUILD WALL
>>
>>1836985
It's actually very accurate, you just don't understand because you are retarded.
>>
>>1836948
Illegals cant vote
>>
File: EuropeanColoniesNorthAmerica.png (59KB, 464x447px) Image search: [Google]
EuropeanColoniesNorthAmerica.png
59KB, 464x447px
>>1835653
The biggest meme lol

1921 Mexico declares independence
1848 Us Annexes West Coast

It was only Mexican territory for 27 years kek

If it belongs to anyone its the Spanish or the Native Americans
>>
>>1837048
>"I'm right and if you don't agree your retarted"
Well shit, good to know
>>
Even as a mexican I'll go with no, I'd go with yes if it wasn't as sparsely populated as it was.
>>
>>1835668
Yeah.
>>
>>1836948
Because the whites and half the Hispanics are Republicans
>>
>>1835668
Damn, we still need to get to Utah
>>
>>1835668
Yep. Most aren't that bad desu, blacks on the other hand
>>
In the 20 years between independence from Spain and joining the US. California and Texas were always in some state of rebellion against Mexico.

Joining the USA was the only way they could get protection against Santa Ana's aggression.
>>
>>1835653
Mexico was falling apart anyways. We simply scooped up the pieces before the French or British would inevitably get to them.
>>
>>1835653
No, it was stolen from everyone.
>>
Prize of war, they would do the same
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.