[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time Tourism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 16

File: market.jpg (181KB, 894x671px) Image search: [Google]
market.jpg
181KB, 894x671px
Time tourism
Time travel is invented, you can visit any place in time but due to biological capabilities you can only do it Once and for 24 hours.

Where would you go /his/ ?
>>
File: moctezuma.jpg (67KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
moctezuma.jpg
67KB, 1024x768px
As the picture shows I would enjoy seeing and walking the streets and canals of tenochtitlan
>>
>>1834974
I already did. To your momma's prom to impregnate her with you.
>>
I'd go back to the primordial pool that first developed microbial life on earth and I'd drink the whole thing.
>>
File: 02120a.jpg (2MB, 2800x1988px) Image search: [Google]
02120a.jpg
2MB, 2800x1988px
USA in 1913 to see what Western Civilization as a whole was like at the height of its worldwide power and influence overall.

However, if I wanted to make money...
>Go to time and place where Christ was born
>Film it
>Get it copyrighted and sell copies when you get back
>????????
>Profit!
>>
>>1835160
>Go to time and place where Christ was born
>Kill him
How would you predict the course of western history would change?
>>
>>1835128
>1835128▶
>I'd go back to the primordial pool that fi

top kekkekity kek
>>
>>1834974
Emirate of Córdoba, 1000 AD
>>
>>1834974
I go back to 30,000 B.C in prehistoric Canaan and kill the humans who would evolve into jews.
>>
>>1835803
>inb4 you stop existing thanks to distant admixture
>>
>>1834974
Rome, 15th of march 44BC and prevent Caesars assassination.
>>
Such a time tourism would require devices preventing time travellers from interacting with people of the time they visit, while remaining invisible to them. It's the only way to make time travel available to anyone.

Because otherwise I would make sure that Boleslaw the Bold would never get dethroned by people supporting his inferior brother, Wladyslaw. Or would ensure that Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth would turn into Polish-Lithuanian-Ukrainian Commonwealth, which would prevent all the conflicts that weakened that country.
>>
File: 0_11b564_105b9290_XXXL.jpg (485KB, 1280x845px) Image search: [Google]
0_11b564_105b9290_XXXL.jpg
485KB, 1280x845px
>>1835177
Muslim take over odlf Europe and probably and even worse middle ages, since their is no Catholic Church to at least hold up the pile of shit that was Europe back then.
>>
>>1835859
Islam would not exist without the pre existing framework of christianity.
>>
>>1835864
There would still be no unifying force in Europe to prevent an Arab takeover, though. The Persians were marginally close the first time from changing the course of European history
>>
>>1835878
Just as there would be no unifing force for the Arabs to start the takeovers. Besides maybe without christianity Europe would still be largely unified politically under the Roman Empire.
>>
>december 1997
>fuck the teachers daugther this time
>>
>>1834987
That sword is very out of place and it irks me greatly.
>>
>>1834974

>1818 in the Maratha Empire
>Give machine guns and modern weaponry to a select group of people working under me
>Drive out the British
>Topple Maratha Government in Power
>Unify India
>Begin Meiji-style westernization/modernization of India
>Make India great again
>>
>>1834974

>last week
>get the lottery numbers

Any other answer is just simply wrong
>>
>>1834974
>Go to Auschwitz in 1944
>take a video to prove gassings
>trigger /pol/
>>
>>1835952
Who cares about dead kikes anyway?
>>
>>1835952
>walking into an extermination camp

I doubt you would arrive at your desired outcome.
>>
>>1835930

>24 hours
>>
>>1835952
>Go to Auschwitz in 1944
>get redpilled

ftfy
>>
I wonder if there's a good vantage point to watch the Battle of Agincourt.
>>
>>1835836
You can't knowingly change the past without creating a paradox. The only required safeguard would be making sure tourists are well educated about their chosen destination.
>>
Go back to the Mongols and make sure they finish off Islam once and for all.
>>
>>1835925
Not hard to imagine the Spaniards traded a couple to them.
>>
>>1836043

You could just sit in the mud and hope nobody notices
>>
>>1835128
So like a basement dweller version of the opening scene of Prometheus?
>>
>>1834974
I go back in time to five minutes ago and create a paradox of me constantly going back 5 minutes in time to try again a few seconds later.
>>
File: h5_67.241.jpg (85KB, 527x400px) Image search: [Google]
h5_67.241.jpg
85KB, 527x400px
Belle Epoque Europe. Probably France, or Switzerland.
>>
File: 390-faces-0608[1].jpg (45KB, 635x390px) Image search: [Google]
390-faces-0608[1].jpg
45KB, 635x390px
>>1834974
4,000 CE

I'd go to the far future, read up on historical events (maybe snag an almanac or two) and take advantage of whatever insanely futuristic healthcare they have in order to turn myself into a cybernetic /fit/god with monstrously powerful intelligence and hopefully bang some genetically engineered hottie while I'm at it.
>>
File: 1401744751149.jpg (13KB, 366x329px) Image search: [Google]
1401744751149.jpg
13KB, 366x329px
>>1836238
>CE
>>
>>1836238

What if you get there and we've deconstructed the earth to create a dyson swarm and everyone has uploaded their consciousness onto the ensuing supercomputer? Haha retard you would probably die
>>
>>1835952
Fuck off reddit
>>
>>1836366
>deconstructed the earth
If we were going to make a Dyson swarm it would probably be easier to strip mine ice dwarfs, comets, asteroids, and other sources of raw materials that aren't at the bottom of a fairly huge gravitational well.

>uploaded their consciousness
Pseudoscience. It's the rapture for nerds, a belief that in the future everyone will be a basement dweller who wants to leave this world for a digital dream land where nothing bad ever happens and people are always happy and everyone has their own digital qt3.14 girlfriend programmed for good behavior

>Haha retard you would probably die
You mean verses going back in time to some war torn hellhole ruled by superstitious strongmen?
>>
File: eed_bataven.jpg (87KB, 637x418px) Image search: [Google]
eed_bataven.jpg
87KB, 637x418px
Batavia in the year 69
>>
>>1834974
Christ's crucifixion
>>
I would fly around a giant airplane in 1491 and drop gas bombs filled with inoculations so that the people in the Americas would not be killed off due to disease and see what the result was when I got back.
>>
>>1835160
USA 1913 wasn't at the height though. London was still a center of the world. Only during WW1 (so 2 years later) focus shifts to USA
>>
File: Mehmed the Liberator.jpg (213KB, 536x449px) Image search: [Google]
Mehmed the Liberator.jpg
213KB, 536x449px
I would go back and see the Liberation of Istanbul first hand.

When Mehmed II summons the might of Tengri with his Lightning blade to smite the evil and corrupt christian Constantine XI.

It would be a glorious scene.
>>
oh that is easy.

look up a ship wreck full of gold that isn't discovered yet.

go back in time and get on teh ship.

bring navigation tools so I can chart the location of where it sinks.

go back to the present and "discover" said ship wreck full of gold.

then hope my government doesn't screw me over on salvage rights. so some JEEEEWWWWW can get a painting from spain.
>>
File: roemer2.jpg (104KB, 499x467px) Image search: [Google]
roemer2.jpg
104KB, 499x467px
The place in time I like to visit is Rome the day august,12 in 52 BC when in honour of the new Venus Victrix temple, the Consul Pompeius made 20 elephants fight against the gladiators

First the people enjoyed it seeing the elephants throwing fighters in the air or stepping them but the last elephants seeing their brothers dead stopped the fight and cryed
The Romans were shocked and affected they started to nsult and curse Pompeius
The curse worked he died in dishonor beheaded in Egypt 4 years later
And never more in all the Roman history, the circus made fight more than 2 or 3 elephants at the same time
>>
>>1835805
Literally anything is better than an earth where jews exist, even a world of only niggers.
>>
>time travel is invented
>all these people trying to get rich or film historical events
>when all these things would be useless or already known in a universe where TIME TRAVEL IS INVENTED
>>
I'd probably just go back to a time where there were a bunch of tribal qts and get some bomb puss after being heralded as a god
>>
>>1838651
Time travellers can't exist
proof :
-The Golgotha would have been full of people from the future like a full Yankee Stadium
-Was not
then
-No time travellers
QED
>>
>>1838651
>>1838658
It's called the Chronology Protection Conjecture: the reason why time travel is probably impossible is because we aren't being continuously inundated by hordes of time travelling tourists.

I mean for fucks sake, how many people would turn out to see the crucifixion? Way more than the total number of people who could fit in Yankee Stadium, hundreds of millions easily, even billions of people, it would be an invading horde of future Christians trying to save their lord and savior from a horrible death. And couldn't that door swing both ways? If the Roman Emperor got his hands on a time travel machine and took his army of raping, pillaging thugs to some place where he could kit them out with futuristic weapons? Time as we understand it would effectively cease to exist.

Even though it's probably impossible, it's still fun to think about
>>
>>1834974
I'm probably the only one, but I would visit the 1577 siege of castle Vredenburg in Utrecht. (Netherlands)
>>
>>1838658
>>1838831
You're retarded, time travel would just create an alternate timeline.
>>
File: pmYIE.jpg (37KB, 432x500px) Image search: [Google]
pmYIE.jpg
37KB, 432x500px
>>1838616
>First the people enjoyed it seeing the elephants throwing fighters in the air or stepping them but the last elephants seeing their brothers dead stopped the fight and cryed
That's the fucking saddest shit I've heard all day. Of all the things that you could want to see in history why would you want to watch an elephant balling his eyes out after seeing his entire family get butchered senselessly?
>>
File: 55a956e91200002c0013566c.jpg (70KB, 630x332px) Image search: [Google]
55a956e91200002c0013566c.jpg
70KB, 630x332px
>>1838845
Your mom's retarded. Even if it creates new timelines you'll still be stuck in a timeline where you time traveled and that means if someone smarter than Biff Tannen finds your Delorean it could permanently fuck up the world you know and care about.
>>
Go to 60 million B.C and kill every treeshrew so humans never exist because primates will never exist.
>>
>>1835822
I can't be the only one who dreams of saving Caesar and becoming bros with him, conquering Parthia together.
>>
>>1838937
I've thought about that too bruh, but the truth is that Julius Caesar was a man of colossal ego who probably would have treated you like a pleb even if you happened to save him from certain death. He might reap some rewards on you and granted you some farmland way up in Cisalpine Gaul.

The only way to really make him respect you would be if you went back like, 10 years earlier with a modern schematic to make yourself disgustingly wealthy and then used this wealth to support his upstart military insurgency and subsequent hostile take-over of the government. This guy literally thought he was a god.
>>
>>1835930
>1707 in the Mughal Empire
>Give machine guns and modern weapons to a select group of loyal sunni followers
>Overthrow the Mughal dynasty
>Establish myself as the new Emperor
>Fully unify India
>Start converting en masse the dirty Hindu Dindus
>Modernize the sub continent Meiji-style
>True world power under Islamic rule
>>
>>1838248

turk fag here
>>
>>1835160
only real events and places can be visited
>>
>>1834974
>night and location of OP's conception
>kill his mom and dad

Problem solved!
>>
B I T C O I N
I
T
C
O
I
N
>>
Rome in the days after Italy surrendered to the Allies sounds like a fucking party
>>
I would go to 16th century istanbul and drink coffee with a few turks,greeks,armenians and jews every day.
>>
File: 800px-Battle_of_Zama.gif (73KB, 800x433px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Battle_of_Zama.gif
73KB, 800x433px
>>1834974

I'd go back to the Battle of Zama and give Hannibal some air support. I figure a few flybys in an A-10 would be enough to chew through the Roman lines.

They wouldn't know what the fuck just happened but Hannibal would definitely take advantage of the chaos and win.

Return to the present...Roll the dice.
>>
File: Tenochtitlan.png (576KB, 1259x714px) Image search: [Google]
Tenochtitlan.png
576KB, 1259x714px
>>1834987
>>
>>1835099

Time travel never ends well.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.