[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

David was an aim hacker Prove me wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: David-and-Goliath-vba.jpg (425KB, 800x546px) Image search: [Google]
David-and-Goliath-vba.jpg
425KB, 800x546px
David was an aim hacker

Prove me wrong
>>
>>1833956

If this battle happened in the 12th century, Goliath would have had a full helm plate rendering the sling useless.
>>
>>1833956
The David and Goliath story belongs in the realm of fiction because Goliath was a mythical half-god, half-man beast like out of greek mythology.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>1833976
If the battle happened in the 12th century, David would have had a crossbow rendering the full plate helm useless.
>>
>>1833996

The oldest manuscripts describing it from the Qumran site put Goliath at about 6'6", or a smidge over 198cm if you use the metric system . A big guy, to be sure, but hardly some sort of actual superhuman giant.
>>
>>1834006
Wait I thought he was one of the Nephilim? Weren't they like several storeys high?
>>
>>1834136

Well, the modern masoretic text puts Goliath at bigger, adds another 2 cubits to make him almost 10 feet tall. That might be what you're remembering.

There's nothing in there that I can recall connecting Goliath with the Nephilim (or even that the Nephilim explicitly being giants). The weird appellation Samuel gives Goliath is that he is an

>איש הביניים

Literally "A man in the between (space)" What the hell that's supposed to be, I'm not sure, although you have at least a fairly mundane explanation that he was standing in between the Philistine and Israelite camps to make his challenges, although that doesn't seem to fit grammatically with how it's used, as it seems to be a title or an origin of some sort.
>>
>>1833976
i doubt that a full helm would help against stone thats flying in like 180 km/h
>>
>>1836808
Plate was capable of stopping lower velocity bullets. It's likely that a sling bullet would just bounce off. People typically wore padding and shit under their helmets.
>>
>>1833956
>Prove me wrong
Why should I that's literally the whole story
God guides David
>>
>>1836826
yeh i know, but i still think a stone to head coming at you at 180 or more km/h still gonna effect you, despite you having helm and padding
>>
>>1834006
>A big guy
For You
>>
>>1833956
was david a manlet or not
>>
>>1834006
>about 6'6", or a smidge over 198cm
Myth confirmed
>>
A sling is actually an extremely effective weapon, with the only drawback being it takes years of practice to master. That David and Goliath is an underdog story is a misconception - in fact army of nimble, competent slingers would be expected to wreck a bunch of guys with swords.
>>
>>1834006
He was going up against a hebrew, a race of manlets
David could probably suck his dick standing up, so if they say he's a giant to them, he's a giant to them
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.