[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can /his/ tell me about the history of Singapore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9584.jpg (249KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9584.jpg
249KB, 1200x800px
What can /his/ tell me about the history of Singapore?
>>
File: sultan bin baba II.jpg (46KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
sultan bin baba II.jpg
46KB, 480x452px
They sing really poor.

JAJAJAJAJAJAXAXAXAXAXAXA
>>
>>1833508
a country that was made by a single man.
>>
File: 1459797720653.gif (99KB, 271x226px) Image search: [Google]
1459797720653.gif
99KB, 271x226px
>>1833511
>>
>>1833508
I was just there. It started as a brit trading post, got raped by the japs in WW2 then ditched the brits and couldn't be arsed with Malaysia so went full city-state.

Nice place.
>>
They had plenty of slums during british rule, Latin America tier slums.
At some point it was decided that it would be better to make huge investments into modernizing the place and they lowered taxes invested in infrastructure and made huge skyscrapers and jobs and they became very rich and also very productive because their leaders were fucking straight edge guys and you can be shot if you own more than 350 grams of any drug or even pay expensive fines for chewing gum in public
before britbongs it belonged to the malaccans who were very cool people like indonesian traders and also they have plenty of religions ranging from muslim to atheist all of which with about 20%. iki
>>
>>1834410
>It started as a brit trading post
Nope.jpg.

It being a strategic port was a reality ever since a Malay Sultanate was founded there with a port town called Singapura.

Everyone lined up the Straits of Malacca in precolonial times, except Singapore is the first port town while entering Malacca Straits from the South China Sea.
>>
>>1834453
Singapura fell apart in 1398, Raffles came in 1819. Singapore as we know it began then. There were 400 years where very little was there.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.