[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quantum Immortality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: quantum-immortality-1.gif (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
quantum-immortality-1.gif
46KB, 400x400px
Would quantum immortality protect you from degenerative diseases like dementia or late stage AIDS?
Also, how would it account for extremely old ages? Does a scientist just suddenly invent a surgical procedure that makes you biologically immortal once you reach your 120th birthday in perfect health?
>>
>>1831828
I have an alternative theory. The universe branches into all possible outcomes. If the outcome isn't possible, the universe doesn't branch. One could easily say quantum godhood breaking the laws of physics spontaneous big bang every time you think about it.
>>
Quantum immortality is just a meme. The particles that make up your brain will continue on in the universe whether you live or die, just in a different form, so there is no physical reason why your sapience should be preserved.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>1831842
>The particles that make up your brain will continue on in the universe whether you live or die
>>
Quantum immortality protects "you" from everything. Including degenerative diseases like dementia/aids/cancer/aging/birth/death/puberty/etc.
>>
>>1831848
Okay but still how would you explain the eventual abnormally high age?
If you jjust outlived literally everybody for no reason you'd probably be a world wide spectacle with a team of scientists monitoring your every move to see how you've managed to live for so long
Eventually you'd be some kind of a legend, provided the CIA hasn't strapped you down in an underground basement to extract stem cells from your body
>>
>>1831857
It can even protect you from CIA capturing you.

Do you even understand what quantum Immortality entails?
>>
>>1831874
Apparently not
Well if I live to the ripe old age of 200 I'll personally lead the new crusades to take over the world under one united banner, dedicated to serving me
No one will ever be able to assassinate or dethrone me because I'm confirmed invincible
Guess I just gotta wait it out
>>
>>1831828
I want to visit the universe where I and my ancestors made all the right decisions in life and I am currently the beloved God-Emperor of Mankind.
>>
>>1831887
The only you is the you since you were born, meaning your ancestors couldn't have done anything different. You can only trace back youness to your personal conception. If your ancestors had done something else, that wouldn't be you.
>>
>>1831835
If so, how does I in this timeline benefit from that?
>>
>>1831900
Is it not possible that in the seemingly incalculable number of universes out there, there is one where my same parents somehow became monarchs of massive empires, and their marriage and my birth united the planet?

If not, being a self-made God-Emperor of Mankind is pretty good too.
>>
>>1831844
yes, that's what he said.
>>
>>1831828
>Would quantum immortality protect you from degenerative diseases like dementia or late stage AIDS?
Nope.
>>1831828
>Also, how would it account for extremely old ages? Does a scientist just suddenly invent a surgical procedure that makes you biologically immortal once you reach your 120th birthday in perfect health?
Maybe you'd just keep getting more and more miserable. Maybe you'd resume your life/counsciousness intermittently as a Boltzmann brain, a mad chaotic thing, maybe long after the universe reachest it's darkest and coldest state.
>>
You will be protected from anything that kills you, if there is chance for you to survive. Suffering still exist by that definition, so probably you would be just miserable as fuck, but who knows for sure...
>>
There is one objective reality and you die. There may be other universe clusters outside space but its not like they are magnetically inverse to our universe
>>
>>1831916
But that wouldn't be you. That would be your "brother" or at best a genetic twin. You can only trace back youness as far back as you existed.
>>
>>1831842
That's not how the information theory works, retard.
>>
I cringe every time I hear the word "Quantum" because almost no one understands how it works.
>>
File: image.jpg (302KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302KB, 1067x1600px
>>1831828
There are no other universes, that's just a simplification we use to make it easier to calculate the flavor-changes of different charm quarks.

Use Copenhagen instead, it's just probabilities, particles obey bell's theroem and are non-local, therefore non-real until observation
>>
>>1831828
Many worlds is for fucking idiots. Even were it legit the concept of a new universe being create from a trigger is so humancentric it's laughable.
There is no good defence of many worlds. It's pseudo-science. Multiverses are fine and dandy but many worlds is an awful theory.
>>
>>1834416
>>1834678
>all this butthurt
>>
>>1834678
in order for something to exist, it has to be observed (quantum physics 101)
each human is an individual observer
each observer experiences a different reality
each reality is a world onto its own

smell the drift?
>>
>>1835963
>>1834366
>>
File: 1476473235493.jpg (489KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1476473235493.jpg
489KB, 2000x1859px
>>1834678
>humancentric

well then why hasn't a pig come up with this idea then

checkmate
>>
>>1835969
>>1834366
>almost no one understands how it works.
>almost

and as absurd as it sounds, you are the only one with complete knowledge of quantum theory

daily reminder that quantum theory is incomplete and only a developing theory
>>
>>1834678
>from a trigger
From a change is what you should be calling. Any change, no matter how miniscule has a chance to be another change. The many world is simply extrapolating that.

On to Many World, a more "human centric" would be the Possible Girls paper. Its another extrapolation of QM. Strange and "delusional" as it may seems, it could be a viable explanation for whats taking place in QM.

This subject is not suited for /his/ as its this board has no physicists. Its suited for /sci/.
>>
>>1831828
>Start with one universe alive
>Split into two universes, be dead in one.
>repeat ad infinitum
>The total number of (you)'s alive is constant, the total number of universes increase.
>In that one universe where you are alive, you can still die by normal means.
It's not immortality, just an attempt to explain why we're not certain if you'll die.
>>
>>1831828
Probably.
>>
>>1831844
>Try to prove something that doesn't exist
>I dare ya
>Double dog dare ya
>>
>>1836309
Copenhagen is actually the human centric one, because it's compatible human ideas about identity, even though Copenhagen is incoherent.
>>
File: Black scienceman, Satan.png (454KB, 557x480px) Image search: [Google]
Black scienceman, Satan.png
454KB, 557x480px
>>1831828

There's no room for separate realities there's only room for one reality, which is accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour. I'm tired of all these satanists and scientists spouting garbage about alternate realities or radioactive zombie cats possessed by the devil.
>>
I don't get why the trigger is an individual event, isn't literally every moment you decide to do something an event that spawns infinitely more universes?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.