[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civil rights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (27KB, 750x501px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 750x501px
Americans
Did your family support the Civil Rights Movement or were against it?.
>>
My family supported George Wallace for president, Leander Perez and were members of the White Citizens' Councils in Lousiana
>>
My grandparents did, and they are white
>>
>>1830591
my grandparents lynched blacks, and they were black.
>>
>>1830619
Based
>>
>>1830591
Probably I don't know
>>
>>1830591
idk, I know my grandfather thinks Harry Truman was the best person to ever live and was an old school southern democrat. I do think the Civil Rights Movement wasn't as black and white as the modern media makes it out to be.
>>
>>1830591
My family didn't give a shit
>>
>>1830591
One side was a part of it, the other lived too far out in the boonies for it to be all that relevant.
>>
>>1830861
this
>>
>>1830591
Grandparents on my dad's side didn't even arrive here 'til the 70s after most of that shit was over.

I have no idea about my mom's side. They got here shortly before WW1, and my grandpa killed Commies in Korea. That's about all I know about the family history on that side.
>>
>>1830591
Part of my family came after all that.
The other part was part native american so, most likely supported the civil rights movement.
>>
>>1830591

My family had fought for the Union so they weren't KKK members or anything, but I don't think they took an active role in supporting it.
>>
>>1830591
I've never asked, and I probably never will. All four of my grandparents are dead, at any rate.
>>
>>1830591
Both sides of my grandparents were passive supporters.
>>
Wisconsin had no blacks and my grandparents lived in a town of 2000 people. They just brewed and sold beer.
>>
>>1831709
comfy
>>
>>1830861
This desu.
>>
>>1831501
Many Union soldiers joined the KKK for the camaraderie that is made available through such a group. William McKinley was in the KKK for instance.
>>
>>1830591

Mom's/Dad's families were too busy trying to get their shit together after running away from the Fascists/Commies respectively to care.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.