[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hungarians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

File: 1465569618821.jpg (66KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1465569618821.jpg
66KB, 657x527px
Are they literally the descendants of Huns? And if not, please explain how they got the name Hun-garian.
>>
Hung Aryans
>>
>>1830381
Hunger Ryans
>>
>>1830389
Hundred Rice Cans
>>
>>1830379
Europeans confused them for the Humans, because they've fought in a similar fashion and have lived a nomadic life.
>>
>>1830402
What.
>>
>>1830407
Honduran Resistant Canines
>>
>>1830413
I don't understand.

Look I just came here for an explanation about Hun-garians, why am I being memed?
>>
File: 1452979819625.jpg (18KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
1452979819625.jpg
18KB, 250x192px
>>1830379
Hun agrarians

Literally huns who settled down.
>>
>>1830437
Health-conscious Repetitious Colonized Rebels
>>
>>1830455
That's not even close to Hungarian.
>>
>>1830463
Hairy edible mouth demanding peasants
>>
>>1830379
People originally thought they were Huns who returned to Europe.
They weren't related to Huns in any way, completely separate tribes.
>>
>>1830470
So who were these tribes anyways?
>>
>>1830379
weird how slavs/east europe call them by their correct name while westerners kept calling them huns
>>1830474
Magyars are Finno-Ugric or what do you mean?
>>
>>1830488
Well I was hoping to get an in-detail response about Hungarians.

I guess you're not one of those posters.
>>
>>1830522

"According to András Róna-Tas the locality in which the Hungarians, the Manicha-Er group, emerged was between the Volga river and the Ural Mountains.[1] Between the 8th and 5th centuries BC, the Magyars embarked upon their independent existence and the early period of the proto-Hungarian language began.[1]

Around 830 AD,[8][9] the seven related tribes (Jenő, Kér, Keszi, Kürt-Gyarmat, Megyer, Nyék and Tarján)[10] formed a confederation[8] in Etelköz,[9] called "Hétmagyar" ("Seven Magyars"). Their leaders, the Seven chieftains of the Magyars, besides Álmos, included Előd, Ond, Kond, Tas, Huba and Töhötöm, who took a blood oath, swearing eternal loyalty to Álmos.[11] Presumably, the Magyar tribes consisted of 108 clans.[12]

The confederation of the tribes was probably led by two high princes: the kende (their spiritual ruler) and the gyula (their military leader). The high princes were either elected by the leaders of the tribes or appointed by the Khagan of the Khazars who had been exerting influence over the Magyars. Around 862 AD the seven tribes separated from the Khazars.

Before 881 AD three Turkic tribes rebelled against the rule of the Khagan of the Khazars, but they were suppressed. After their defeat they left the Khazar Empire and voluntarily joined the Hétmagyar confederation. The three tribes were organised into one tribe, called Kabar, and later they played the roles of vanguard and rear guard during the joint military actions of the confederation. The joining of the three tribes to the previous seven created the On-ogur (Ten Arrows),[10] one of the possible origins for the name Hungarian."

t. wikipedia.
>>
>>1830379
Hungarian here.

We're called Magyars - we were a tribe, coming from the East, and finally settling down in the Carpathians.

According to the DNA analysis (sorry, no sauce this time, but I learned this at the university), the Magyar leaders were Asians, but the slaves and workers were not.
So only the nobles were "original" Magyars (around 10% of the entire population, if I remember correctly), and they simply assimilated anyone they conquered.

We probably fled from other tribes, who were stronger and bigger than us.
3-500 years later this caused the coming of the Tatars, too (and that was the cause of the final elimination of the remaining Asian Magyar population).

>But were we a Hun tribe?
According to our legends and tales, yes.
But even those legends say that Hun and Magyar were brothers, and the two tribes were separated a long, long time ago.
Huns remained in Asia, while the bold (?) Magyar tribe went to West.

Also our language is Finno-Ugric, yet our vocabulary consists words from many languages, like Turk (we travelled from the Ural Mountains to the Carpathians, so we picked up many words).

We have many WE WUZ people here, too, by the way.
Some of them believes WE WUZ HUNS N SHIT, but they have many theories: WE WUZ SUMERIANS / MARTIANS / ATLANTEAN N SHIT, etc.

... And this is how we met your continent.
>>
>>1831744
thanks anon I appreciate it
>>
>>1831744
>We have many WE WUZ people here, too, by the way.

Parahistory is a phenomenon found in most Eastern European countries today.
>>
>>1831753
Sure, I'm happy to share some of our history,

>>1831759
>Parahistory is a phenomenon found in most Eastern European countries today.

Yeah, I heard about it.
Some of them can be pretty funny, tho.
>>
File: 3514_0.jpg (48KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
3514_0.jpg
48KB, 600x398px
>>1831744
Same Anon - here are some other interesting stuff:

1, Our first King was I. István (Stephen).
He and his father decided that they need to join the Christian Europe - because without Christianity they could never belong here and they'd perish just like the other nomadic tribes before.

Unfortunately that was the point where our entire original culture just vanished.
Well, probably we were just another nomadic tribe with shamans (called táltos), horses and yourts, but still... joining the Christian Europe changed our culture forever.

2, Mounted archery
There was an early medieval prayer: "A sagittis Hungarorum libera nos Domine!" (Modena, 924 A.D.) - "Lord, save us from the arrows of the Hungarians".

Magyars were the Wild Riders of the Carphatians.
Raids were common and people probably hated us.

There were around 47 campaings between 862 and 970 (that was before joining Christianity).
See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_invasions_of_Europe

>The westward raids were stopped only with the Magyar defeat of the Battle of Lechfeld of 955, which led to a new political order in Western Europe centered on the Holy Roman Empire. The raids in to Byzantine territories continued throughout the 10th century, until the eventual Christianisation of the Magyars and the establishment of the Christian Kingdom of Hungary in 1000 or 1001.

pic is a tactic Hungarian mounted archery often used:
>In this tactical manoeuvre the horsemen would make a feigned retreat and progress away from the pursuing enemy while turning his upper body and shooting backwards at the pursuer, guiding his horse with his voice and the pressure of his legs.
>>
>>1831744
>>1831795
*Pannonian basin; not Carpathians.
You're not exactly mountain people.
>>
>>1831808
Oh yeah, you're right.
Sorry for that!
>>
>>1831811
:)
>>
>>1830407
Shit, I've meant to say Huns.
>>
>>1831759
Caused by self-hating tendencies and a temporary loss of identity.
>>
>>1831759
Romania is the archetypal example of this.

>WE WUZ ROMANS AND SHIT BIX NOOD MUFUGGA
>>
>>1831963
I must admit my people suffer from this retardation as well:
>The Serbs
I'm guessing after the fall of gommunism the EE peoples wanted to meme nationalism into existence
>>
>>1832136
Who do Serbians think they wuz?
>>
Hun means “people” in Mongolian. Wow.
Gar means mobile, moving. Hungarian means “moving people”
>>
>>1831795
>In this tactical manoeuvre the horsemen would make a feigned retreat and progress away from the pursuing enemy while turning his upper body and shooting backwards at the pursuer, guiding his horse with his voice and the pressure of his legs.

Same techniqque was used by the Scythians, Sarmatians and Alans, the Iranic nomadic horse archers of the Eastern European and the near-Caucasean steppe lands.
>>
>>1832242

we wuz tzars and muh carevina an djubre

they also repeatedly saved the world from ottomans, germans, soviets etc... basicaly we all ove them eternal gratitude but belosvetska propaganda brainwashes everione against them

oh yea, and all the land from the alps to black sea is rightfull serb clay
>>
>>1832287
But they were, at least for three decades, that is.
>>
>>1832298

yes they were, in the sense that they had these veird military alliances turned feudal despotisms formed in haste to counter ottoman expansion, these called themselves carevine cause the head man would call himself a tzar(this technicaly made sense since he was momentarily a 'ruler of rulers' sort of guy), then the ottomans would eat them for breakfast and shit them out

best part is how they actualy celebrate their defeats, thats one of the major things about how they percieve their history, each great defeat is like a glorious instance of pure victimhood and selftranscendent martyrdom that sets the course for the next several generations of revenge and irredentism that end in more glorious defeats that once again proove their righteous victimhood and sublime national martyrdom and start a new cicle

but this is a magyars thread

serb history, and serbian versions of same history, would merit a whole series of threads on their own
>>
>>1832316
I've meant the empire under Dusan, not the duchies that came after.

>then the ottomans would eat them for breakfast and shit them out

That must've been quite the chew, given that it took them 160 years to swallow them.

>best part is how they actually celebrate their defeats

The concept of noble sacrifice is a mighty motivator.
>>
>>1832287
>>1832316
SHIIIIIEEEEEEET do you seem upset
I'm supposing either Croat or """""""""""bosniak"""""""""""""
>>
>>1832364
>Dusan
Literally a small piece of land Serbia held for like 20 years. This """""""""""'empire""""""""""" is pretty pathetic, especially when you compare to their immediate neighbours the Byzantines, the Bulgarians and the Hungarians.
>>
>>1832391
>t. Croatian authority on defining empires
I'm guessing you had a larger empire and get to decide what's an empire and what's not.
He was crowned by the Pope, so even you Papist scum have to admit he was a true Tzar and badass
>>
File: Balkans1362.Serbia.jpg (47KB, 596x367px) Image search: [Google]
Balkans1362.Serbia.jpg
47KB, 596x367px
>>1832392
Pic one - the only time the Serb state was """""big"""" or relevant. Lasted for 16 minutes. This is what teenage nationalists consider enormous.
>>
File: hun1090.gif (12KB, 568x372px) Image search: [Google]
hun1090.gif
12KB, 568x372px
>>1832392
>>1832397
Pic two - what Hungary looked like at long periods of its history. As you can see, it's literally three times as big as the Serb """"""empire""""""
>>
>>1832397
Seems bigger than the Bulgarian and Byzantine empires...
Soo... You were saying?
>>
>>1832392
>>1832397
>>1832399
Pic three - what Bulgaria looked like for long periods of its medieval history. As you can see, it's immensely bigger than the oh so big Serb """"""""empire""""""
>>
>>1831744
>>1831795
>we
>our

It's ridiculous how easily people fell for memes.

In reality, there's little to none genetic connection between modern Hungarians and nomadic Magyars. Magyars imposed themselves as ruling elite over farmers of the Panonian basin but have melted away over time. They were killed off in civil wars of the medieval state, suffered great death toll during the Mongol and Ottoman invasions, remnants intermarried extensively with native European nobility.

All that is left is language which they imposed over conquered populations and memey ethnic consciousness which has little relation to reality.
>>
>>1832403
I'm not even going to post a map of the Byzantine empire because that would just blow the litter Serb minds and their imaginary big """"""""""empire"""""""""".
>>
>>1832405
Okay, and?
I'm not trying to move the goalpost but to engage in every one of your statements...
None of this denies the existence of a Serbian Empire...
>>
>>1832412
>Okay, and?
The Serb empire was a short-lived and not particularly big empire, compared to what its neighbours had - they were bigger, they had it for longer and they were more influential. That's it. Jerking over Dusan is pathetic.
>>
>>1832416
Well tell me who I should jerk off to then? Your Emperors?
>>
File: photo_verybig_128738.jpg (61KB, 480x291px) Image search: [Google]
photo_verybig_128738.jpg
61KB, 480x291px
>>1832420
Jerk off to women, you autist. Don't jerk off to your retarded school propaganda.
>>
>>1830379
The Huns were multi-ethnic by the time they reached Europe. The hungarians are from the finno-ugric people, who were probably mostly white in appearance. The original Huns are theorized by some to have come from the Xiongnu (which was also a multi-ethnic confederation that might have had white people in it but that's only based on scant evidence). Modern day hungarians are mostly slavic in terms of genes, although a lot of my fellow countrymen don't want to admit it and lose out special snowflake status.
>>
>>1832429
>slavic in terms of genes
No such thing as Slavic genes tho. I think you mean that the modern Hungarians are not that different genetically than the peoples around them, then yes, that's true.
>>
>>1832391
That small patch of land was densely populated and well developed, it's infrastructure long-reaching , it's army well trained and under Dusan' leadership, one of the most powerful countries in 14th century Europe.

>>1832408
At least they've been "big", at least for two decades, while the rest of us Yugoslavs were mediocre at best.
>>
>>1832428
Don't wanna be too edgy, but I fuck women. Sorry bruh
I'm still gonna jerk off to our Emperor
>>
>>1832429
The best of all is that we know literally three words from Hunnic language that aren't personal names. Two of them are obviously Slavic, the third is unidentified satem-Indoeuropean.
>>
>>1832416
Not at all, 14th century Bulgaria and the Byzantine Empire were rather stagnating and ever-diminishing in their influence.

>>1832436
He probably meant R1a, which is commonly associated with Slavs.
>>
File: DubFFEJ.jpg (2MB, 3648x3002px) Image search: [Google]
DubFFEJ.jpg
2MB, 3648x3002px
>>1832437
>That small patch of land was densely populated and well developed
As were the rest of the Balkans, and pretty much the whole Western Europe at that time.
>Dusan' leadership, one of the most powerful countries in 14th century Europe.
You brainwashed idiot.
>>
>>1832437
You being?
I'm curious of your nationality, Svetovid, don't wanna be rude
>>
>>1832447
He's a panslavic communist, literally subhuman scum.
>>
>>1832437
You can't say that a country was powerful if it fell apart after one strong ruler kicked the bucket.

A strong state can recover from downturns. It's the stable institutions not ruler's personality that make strong.

Dusan's 'Empire' was held together only by it's ruler's personality. It fails to qualify as anything more than a footnote of history. Too bad that Serbs decided to build their memey nationalism around it.
>>
>>1832447
Bosnian.

>>1832446
> As were the rest of the Balkans
Far more for that matter, Dusan' reforms have turned a stagnant Serb state into a smaller version of the Byzantine Empire

> You brainwashed idiot.

You're welcome to disprove my claim.
>>
>>1832455
You don't have to be rude... And asked about his nationality, his birth one, not his political option
>>
>>1832460
Zemljak ;)
Nije da je bitno, i koga boli kurac zapravo, ali je lijepo vidjeti nekog razumnog sa tvrdom glavom bosanskom
>>
>>1832459
> You can't say that a country was powerful if it fell apart after one strong ruler kicked the bucket.

For that reason, I've called it Dusan's not Serbian.

>>1832455
I'm neither, I'm actually a nationalist.

> literally subhuman scum

Your mother is a whore that gurgles Nigger seed.

>>1832459

> that Serbs decided to build their memey nationalism around it

In comparison to whose?
>>
>>1832460
>Bosnian.
Bosnian Christian Serb? Bosnian Muslim Serb? Bosnian Muslim? Mongrel? What?
>>
>>1832476
Obv Muslim or more precisely, he's a fan of """""bosniak thousand-year old kingdom""""""
>>
>>1832476
I'll break the habit, I'm a descendant of the original Bosnian nobility which accepted Islam to preserve it's holding, what was once known as the "Alaupovic" family, is known as the "Dzambegovic" family.And no, I'm not Muslim.
>>
>>1832407
proofs?
>>
>>1832482
It was barely 90 years old.
>>
>>1832486
So you consider yourself a Bosnian, not a Serb?
>>
>>1832494
Categorically so.
>>
>>1832490
Okay, sorry it was the thousand year old dream of a Bosnian statehood that rests upon the history of the Bosnian kingdom
>>
File: 1476583726386.png (20KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1476583726386.png
20KB, 420x420px
OP here, I do appreciate the contributions of Hungary anon >>1831744 >>1831795 and Wiki anon >>1830551 to some extent

But I see this has somewhat deviated into a Serb thread and so I would ask you all to come back to the topic at hand upon this thread.

Now about Hungarians, I've been looking for some meme about them. It's like a medieval Hungarian Pepe vs. Turks or something. Anyone have it? That's part of the reason why I opened up this thread.
>>
>>1832439
Just admit that your country is garbage and live vicariously through Russia's success.
>>
>>1832436
Yes, that's what I meant.
>>
File: 1iRWmUq.jpg (711KB, 1832x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1iRWmUq.jpg
711KB, 1832x3508px
>>1832540
This one?
>>
File: 1440995413595.gif (266KB, 447x214px) Image search: [Google]
1440995413595.gif
266KB, 447x214px
>>1832554
Yes sir, that's the one.

As a token of thanks, I shall give you a rare from my bag of goodies.
>>
>>1830379
Onogur. 7 Hungarian tribes and 3 Turkic tribes joined together, and these people were called Onogur (Ten ogur). This the Latins understood as "Ungarn", and from there on Europeans called the Magyars Hungarians.

note: Some hungarian told me this theory is actually rejected nowadays, but I never checked up on it.
>>
>>1832316
>best part is how they actualy celebrate their defeats, thats one of the major things about how they percieve their history, each great defeat is like a glorious instance of pure victimhood and selftranscendent martyrdom that sets the course for the next several generations of revenge and irredentism that end in more glorious defeats that once again proove their righteous victimhood and sublime national martyrdom and start a new cicle

>but this is a magyars thread

Oh I thought you were talking about magyars.

>muh Mohács
>muh kurucok
>muh 13 martyred generals
>muh Trianon
>muh Siege of Budapest
>muh 1956
>>
>>1832887
None of that is celebrated, the 13 martyrs and 1956 are _remembered_

What's celebrated is the 1848 revolution, and the siege of Belgrade.
>>
>>1833077
>1848 revolution
oops

hehe
>>
>>1832397
>>1832399
>>1832405

Dude, it was the Serbian Empire because the Serbian monarch claimed to be the Emperor of christendom (orthodoxy) in that period of time (literally just the reign of just two dudes). Hungarians never did this so they were not an empire, at least in medieval times. That's it, empires don't need to be big or powerful, look at the empire of Trebizond or the Empire of Nicea.
>>
>>1832459

Dusan conquered with a mercenary army made up of German Knights, Spanish infantry and Tatar/Cuman horse archers. He plundered the territory he conquered making them poor and weak for ottoman advance in order to pay his army.

Dusan was scum and the typical s*rb. His empire was not an empire just like Great Moravia.
>>
>>1833142
>the Serbian monarch claimed to be the Emperor of christendom (orthodoxy)
What the fuck are you trying to say?
>>
>>1833142

Claim is different from recognition. He was not an emperor and his state not an empire.
>>
They not hunns 100%, and they lingvistic brothers are hanti and mansi.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.