[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am going to be writing a /his/ podcast, vote on the first topic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (63KB, 330x444px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
63KB, 330x444px
Hey /his/. I have a small youtube channel and have thought for a while how to diversify content, and I have decided to write a history podcast.

My intention with it is to do something far more detailed than something like Extra Credits, but not as insanely long as Hardcore history. I will also release alongside each episode a word document with the script and all citations used, which will probably be quite a lot, especially if people express a desire for historiography and analysis of historical interpretations.

Anyway, you can answer my survey here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf60cTluseo01mamT10oUm3T69N8aIocv7m8ot6A75FLSrKzA/viewform

You can see my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2yh-MfL2LamSVqb76fEPCg?&ab_channel=MauritianStruggle

I currently do mostly response videos with a few videos looking into things like equality and anti semitism.

I will have a video out tomorrow formally expressing this. I hope you like the idea. Ask any questions you have below.
>>
>>1830161
bump
>>
Why not all the crusades?
>>
>>1830383
>Crusades
>Not Overdone

I want to do something that hasn't been done to death.
>>
>>1830161
Bumped and subbed
>>
Or the history of the Catholic Church? Lot of kiddie fiddling, sure there's more somewhere though.
>>
>>1830396
Well, that is covered somewhat by the pre lutheran heresies option.

It would both cover the waldensians and the cathars etc. and probably the anti popes as well.
>>
>>1830161
byzantine-sassanian war + the islamic conquest
>>
>>1830405
It's not on the survey, but It is a good idea. I was considering doing the Umayyad and Abbasid Caliphates, but that is around about 500 years of history. It would take years to do in the detail I want to achieve.

I am probably pushing it a little even including Poland-Lithuania.
>>
Anything more recent? That isn't the nazis, given everyone everywhere learns about them.
>>
>>1830460
Rhodesia, but that's about it. It isn't really my favourite area of history, but Rhodesia seems interesting.
>>
>>1830161
Why not do the Yugoslav wars.
You'll get a lot of views.
>>
>>1830468
I thought about it, but It was a really really short period of history. It would be one or two podcasts, not really a series.
>>
>>1830473
Well, that's what i meant, it could be a one podcast gig.
If you want to expand the discussion i could talk about interwar and communist politics in Yugoslavia. As an interesting prelude to the start of the war. As not many people, no documentaries, and no books really focus on the original cracks. At most they talk about the (in)famous constitution of 1974
>>
Is there much you could do about the history of china, pre-communism?
>>
>>1830500
Sounds interesting. I will keep note of that if I can get this gig off the ground
>>
>>1830161
I want to say don't shill but I want to be able to berate you in shill threads too, so I am torn (I don't YT acc so I can never comment)

I've seen a few of your videos, now. Are these your unfiltered opinions or do you play the field for youtube? Your older ones seemed to have some more interaction whereas your newer ones (that I've seen) have notably flatter delivery.
>>
>>1830519
Unfiltered generally, since it gives me something to do when I have time to kill, but now I have an actual audience I can express something more interesting. Interaction in terms of comments?

>>1830513
I considered putting something down about the transitional period of Ming to Qing, but since I have poor access to primary sources and lack of prior knowledge I didn't put them down. Plus I wanted to limit the spread of topics so I didn't get huge spread.
>>
What about the remnants of the Persian empire, post-Alexander smashing it to bits? Bit further back than most of this...
>>
>>1830579
I wanted to keep the options on the poll to a minimum, as not to spread the votes. As for that, it's an interesting idea but It has been done a lot.
>>
>>1830542
In terms of delivery. I am listening to the [filthy] anarchism video and you're just sort of talking. I've gotten used to it, now but when one first clicks on the channel your voice doesn't necessarily POP. Getting a bit of variation, intentioned pauses, high/low, loud/quiet, intonation, works to alleviate any potential monotony.

>unfiltered
Oh, okay. Well I agree with you as often as I disagree, so take that how you like. Absolutely based opinion on freedom. I'd say there is no circumstance under which we are not free but 'no one is free' is based around the same reasoning. Your opinion on collateral damage isn't too bad either.
>>
>>1830602
When I recorded it, I was actually getting quite annoyed at them. I considered myself libertarian before I did it, and to hear them ask questions in such a condescending manner really got on my nerves.

I will continue to do similar things in addition to the history podcasts, but I want something I can really research.
>>
>>1830161
>Qatar and Saudi Arabia are funding ISIS

This is 100% true and I think your account will likely get banned for it, do you know how much the three kingdoms, SA, Qatar and UAE spend on controlling the entire media of the Middle East?

Enough that no Western media dare talks about it, for good reason.
>>
>>1830612
It got unmonetized, I basically just reported the podesta email leaks and looked at the geopolitical realities.

I don't really express all that much opinion in the video.
>>
>>1830617
this is the life we live in my friend, we didn't get a choice in it.

You should go find a /syria/ general on /k/ or /pol/, it's one of the few places you can discuss these things with impunity

try to get ads back to your videos, it's not fair nor worth losing money for yourself when people are too simple to understand geopolitical reality anyhow
>>
>>1830617
>It got unmonetized
That's pretty amusing.

Not him but on a similar topic: why does your semetism video have a content warning when other videos do not.
>>
>>1830621
Most of my viewers are from /pol/. I know because I post my stuff there often.

>>1830622
It got unmonetized too, and I age restricted it to try and get it back. Obviously not working, so I will switch it back.
>>
>>1830626
If you don't plan on stopping do an expose on Al Jazeera
>>
>>1830645
Oh I did on AJ+, and talked about the funding that AJ+ receives from less than savoury sources.
>>
>>1830626
>Most of my viewers are from /pol/
Well that explains the libertarian bent. It also explains why you seem to mirror some of the approaches of other channels in the 'community'. Honestly I wouldn't say I was a fan of that whole 'sceptics community' approach. I can only stomach two of their channels with any sort of regularity and even then it's something like every 1 in 5 videos that are actually interesting rather than low hanging fruit, plugging their mates or parroting a trendy opinion on the topic.

>>1830645
This. Let's see it all happen. I'd love to have a digestible video on the topic to send around. Keep it professional, cite often and leave the supposition to the viewers and we'd have a winner.
>>
>>1830659
>>1830645
I will have a look, regarding the Qatari Government funding or has something else occurred?
>>
>>1830669
Well their ownership by the Qatari royal family is important, their monopoly on ME media is another, and how they forced themselves in US television after AT&T refused to host them are all topics, but even quickly skimming wikileaks
>https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/1313

shows they're doing much more than is being reported on

Why does a single media org act like a supranational agency?
>>
>>1830161
Talk about something normie -tier that a lot of /his/torians can also take great joy in. Don't "Hollywood" the fuck out of it, but talk about interesting characters that most normal people probably haven't heard about, but that we /his/torians wouldn't mind hearing over and over again.

You know how little children always have their "favorite" bedtime stories that they always make their parents read to them before falling asleep? Do the /his/ version of that.

Also, don't go in chronological order if you haven't already decided to do so. It'll just bog you down and make things more difficult for you. Make it so that when a good idea just hits you, you can toss it on the podcast and then maybe later, you can put it into one of several playlists or something to organize it.

>Good beginner ideas that are just action-packed and normie enough to be fun, but also interesting to your average /his/torian
1. The story of the USS Borie's final battle. U boat actually somehow collides with an allied destroyer and the crew members engage each other in small-arms fire, including the use of a well-placed throwing knife and a weaponized signal flare.
2. "Universe 25", in which a "mad" scientist created a functioning utopia for a small society of rats, which then began to spiral into apocalyptic chaos as population density reached critical levels.
3. "The Axe Murder Incident", in which several US officials were hacked to death by North Korean patrolmen, culminating in a massive show of force by the South Korean and American military in order to cut down a single rotting tree.
4. Just talk about fucking gladiators. Talk about the history of gladiators, how it came to be, some popular gladiators of their time, the advertisement and product placement that they used to draw money, all the way up until modern-day sports and all its parallels.

I'm sure there's literally a billion more, but I gotta go to work. Good luck on your project, man. Can't wait to see it!
>>
>>1830700
Thanks a lot, don't forget to vote in the poll since that's what's gonna decide what the first series I do is.
>>
>>1830698
The media are the new ruling class. Knowledge (or withholding knowledge), is power.
>>
File: current order.png (14KB, 590x342px) Image search: [Google]
current order.png
14KB, 590x342px
Looks like medieval heresies is winning.
>>
Bumped and subbed.
>>
>>1830818
Dibs on Bogomilism
>>
I thought it may be worth mentioning that you shouldn't choose the same thing three times over as I will only take your first choice into acoount in that situation.
>>
>>1830818
Pls Italian Wars. I want to see a full video on the Venetian shenanigans.
>>
>>1830161

shoo Dan Carlin, back in the history-mines and finish me my King of Kings series
>>
Hopefully Medieval Heresies wins.
>>
>>1830161
The historicity of Jesus, the definitive defense
>>
>>1830161
Talk about the history of school.

Starting from back when cave-children learned from their cave-mothers and fathers, to apprenticeships and trades, to the first universities and academies. Just seems like a very interesting topic, and it's so damn hard finding good information about it. It's ridiculous.

You'd seriously think a topic as diverse and mundane as "education throughout history" would be more widely researched or something.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuEydB0lfqw

Official Announcement!
>>
I want the northern crusades to win
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.