[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guderian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (156KB, 1081x718px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 1081x718px
Why is Heinz Guderian such an underrated general? I understand he wasn't able to be in action a lot since he disagreed with many generals, but shouldn't he still be recognized for his achievements. I think he was better than Rommel it's just Rommel is more we'll know due to the Rommel dicksuckers. Guderian was both a tactician and a strategist where Rommel was only a tactician.
>>
I forgot to add that Rommel was very popular with the German public and was used for propaganda.
>>
>>1829402
Like you already said, he saw little action. He was involved with the disastrous siege of Moscow, which while it wasn't entirely his fault, it certainly harmed his reputation. He wasn't brought back in to the high command until 1943 onwards, which meant he missed out on any chance to lead the wermacht while they still were an effective fighting force. That being said, he was easily the best general hitler had left under his command in 1945, though there wasn't much left to work with at that point.
>>
>>1829405
Well no shit Rommel was used for propaganda. I read from some book ages ago Hitler had three front propaganda campaign for Germans. In the south was Rommel, in the centre being the most important was Hitler himself and in the north was Dietl (who croaked early on).

Not only did Hitler promote Rommel as propaganda tool he was promoted by western allies since he was the only bloody German they fought before invasion of Italy (not counting the early war shit show up to '40.
>>
>>1829534
Moscow wasn't his fault at all. He wanted to pull out yet hitler wouldn't allow him to and he suffered greatly for it.
>>
Is he really underrated though? Everything I've read about him acknowledged that he was a great general
>>
>>1829547
I could be wrong, but didn't he only start to express his views to stop the offensive in early December? At that point is was already far to late.
>>
File: rommel picnic.jpg (120KB, 788x525px) Image search: [Google]
rommel picnic.jpg
120KB, 788x525px
Both had areas where they excelled,Rommel was best division commander there could ever be, and very good corps commander...

and Guderian was best army commander there could ever be.
>>
>>1829576

At a division level, Balck would have kicked Rommel's ass from Paris to Moscow.
>>
>>1829558
Yes everyone acknowledges he's a great general but he's barely focused on and most people just use Rommel to overshadow him
>>
>>1829580
Kek
>>
>>1829576
True
>>
>>1829580
Balck has a blemish, his failure to reduce the soviet bridgehead lead to the collapse of the german army in the 1945 vistula-oder offensive
>>
>>1829595
There wasn't any general in the world who could have prevented the soviets from crossing the Vistula in 1945
>>
>>1829627
Perhaps model could have?
>>
>>1829630
Model was a genius general, but even he would have failed. 5 years of war and two fronts had completly destroyed Germanys ability to wage war. Not only that but hitler went full retard in 1945. He kept 20,000 troops in courtland in 1945 when they could have been used to defend the Vistula. Hitler right before the soviet offensive over the Vistula, took troops from the east and moved them west to continue the battle of the bulge, which was beyond autistic and hopeless. He even moved troops from the Vistula to counter attack on hungry, he legitimately thought they had a chance to recover it.

No general could have pulled off a defensive victory when they are stretched to the limit and have a mad man wasting troops and resources on pointless offensives.
>>
>>1829655
Rommel would have done it, he ignored Hitlers orders when it suited him
>>
>>1829672

Yeah, and he also screwed up more than once. He couldn't even stop Crusader, and against a colossal attack like the Vistula offensive, he probably would have launched his own idiot counterattack and gotten swallowed up like a bug.

Plus, it's a lot easier to ignore Hitler's directives when you're in North Africa on a tertiary front. If Rommel had tried to ignore orders in that situation, he'd have been replaced (and probably shot) before the day was out.
>>
>>1829584
>people are more attracted to Rommel on this Romanian roof shingling forum so that must mean he's underrated

If you want to start a thread about him go ahead, just don't be such a dumbass about it.
>>
>>1829694
But people love Guderian here because he's so fucking smug among other things.
>>
>>1829547
>tfw he protested against Hitler and wanted to push out and Hitler basically fucked him off to a reserve shithole
>>
>>1829672
>>1829683
Rommel wouldn't have been killed, Hitler only forced Rommel to kill himself because he was personally hurt. Rommel would have been shit if he was the one to defend the Vistula offensive.
>>
>>1829694
I'm not talking about his I'm talking about in general Rommel is usually considered "the God of blitzkrieg" when Guderian was much better than Rommel
>>
File: Heinrici.jpg (80KB, 736x1007px)
Heinrici.jpg
80KB, 736x1007px
>>1829402
nah senpai, Heinrici is probably the most unknown and underrated of the WW2 German Generals.
>>
>>1829987
I'm not saying Guderian is unknown I'm saying Rommel dicksuckers always act like Rommel is better than Guderian but he isn't
>>
>If people masturbate to this overrated general less that they masturbate to another overrated general, he's underrated.
>>
File: 1469370520245.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469370520245.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
In HOI2 my favorite leader was always based Hausser
>>
>>1830005
oh well, that's cause the Western Allies fought (and defeated) Rommel a lot. We fought Kesselring a lot too, but we don't like to talk about it.
>>
>>1830016
heh.../pol/ detected.
>>
>>1830016
>Not having Manstein as your generalfu

Desu, shit taste.
>>
>>1829987
>>1830016
>>1830055
>implying the best general isnt jodl
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 450x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 450x699px
>>1830016
>>1830055
>>1830074

Best general coming through, move aside plebs
>>
>>1830055
Manstein??? Really? Von Kleist is better than Manstein
>>
>>1830731
The third battle of Kharkov and going through the ardennes forest to conquer France in a month is better than anything kleist was able to do
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.