[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys help me out with something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: _2__64245.1334344830.500.750[1].jpg (121KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
_2__64245.1334344830.500.750[1].jpg
121KB, 500x625px
Why isn't it JEAN of Arc?
>>
>>1827828
What
Jean is a guy's name
Jeanne(joan) is a chick's name
And she was a chick
Unless you got new intel
>>
It's actually Jehanne d'Arc, since it was before French further bastardized their language
>>
>>1827835
Jeanne is a french name. the english "Version" of that name is Jean
>>1827836
Ohhhh.. okay, THAT makes sense then. because Jehanne is a variation of Johan, so Joan would come more reasonably from that

alright everyone can go home now
>>
>>1827839
Basically, in Old French to modern French it was

Jehan -> Jean and Jeanne

but in Norman (which later influenced English) it became

Johan -> John and Joan
>>
>>1827848
and people wonder why I insist on using the real original names of pokémon
you give an inch, THIS shit starts to happen
and don't even get me started on some of the "official" romanizations...
>>
File: jehanne.jpg (135KB, 1060x600px) Image search: [Google]
jehanne.jpg
135KB, 1060x600px
>>1827828
The signatures she made herself read "Jehanne".

Note how bad the pensmanship is compared to the rest of the letter. She was illiterate to start with and as far as we know she only really learned enough to sign the letters she dictated with shaky letters.
>>
>>1828272
I'd say that made it all the more amusing and/or endearing considering how innocently earnest her dictated letters read.

>Prince of Burgundy, I pray of you - I beg and humbly supplicate - that you make no more war with the holy kingdom of France. Withdraw your people swiftly from certain places and fortresses of this holy kingdom, and on behalf of the gentle king of France I say he is ready to make peace with you, by his honour.

>signed like a 5 year old
>>
>>1828299
>>1828272

real life anime character
>>
>>1827828
It's Jeanne, but her name was Jehanne or some other Alsatian/Germanic name.
>>
>just non-phonetic alphabet user things
>>
>>1828414
>Jehanne is Germanic

How retarded you have to be? It's literally Frenchified feminine version of Hebrew name Johan.
>>
>>1828299
d'aww
>>
>>1828272
>>1828299
Jeanne a cute.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.