[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

byzantines were romans get over it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

byzantines were romans get over it
>>
The best romans
>>
>>1827713
If Byzantines were Romans then the
>
>
>
Was Roman and so was Russia
>>
>>1827758
>if the continuation of the roman empire was roman then the pope's pet empire and russia was too
no
>>
if byzantine empire was romans then the ottomans were too
>>
>>1827768
Lol no.
>>
>>1827768
The ottomans were hardly even human.
They were more like a crossbreed between a goat and a very hairy ape.
>>
Ottomans were Romans get over it
>>
>>1827713

>not from Rome
>don't own Rome
>don't use Roman language
>not in communion with Roman church
>""""""""""""""""Roman"""""""""""""""""""""""

byzaboos are literally cancer
>>
>>1828393
>Anglo-Saxons aren't Germanic, get over it
>>
>>1827768
Ottomans were the original wewuzists
>WE WUZ ROMANS AND TROJANS AND MACEDONIANS AND ARABS
>>
>>1828393
Constantinople was called New Rome, you retard.
>>
>>1828448
more like istanbul lmao
>>
>>1828471
I don't speak kurdish.
>>
>>1828448

>"New Rome"
>Rome

Pick one. Just because it's called New York City doesn't make it English
>>
>>1827758
If I have a stick, break it in half, and throw one half away that doesn't change the fact that the half I still have was part of the original. It's not quite the stick it used to be but it's still the same stick.

No matter how much other sticks want to make themselves look like that stick and try to imitate that stick, they aren't the same fucking stick.
>>
>>1827713
HOLY SHIT RETARDS

>The Roman empire split into two equally legitimate empires due to logistical and political reasons
>Byzantines never called themselves Byzantines, but Romans, and called their empire Roman
>
>
>
>Implying this Germanic piece of shit was remotely Roman
>Implying that after the fall of Rome and Constantinople there was a new Rome

You guys are severely retarded.
>>
File: treatiseoflorenz00valluoft.jpg (7KB, 180x293px) Image search: [Google]
treatiseoflorenz00valluoft.jpg
7KB, 180x293px
>>1827758
>>1827713

I know that forged lineages and things were common back in the day, but is the Donation of Constantine the biggest and boldest?

When did the Venetians hire lawyers to prove it was fake, and for how long did the sad husk of the
>
>
>

pretend that it had any legitimacy?
>>
>>1828534
1440, NVM.

So for another 360 years the pope and emperor kept LARPing that they were ROMANS.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.