[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we end racism, sexism and bigotry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1476494699540[1].jpg (77KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1476494699540[1].jpg
77KB, 600x900px
How do we end racism, sexism and bigotry?
>>
By taking this thread to /pol/!

>History and Humanities

:)
>>
>>1826934

Kill everyone.
>>
File: 1460778647092.jpg (43KB, 777x656px) Image search: [Google]
1460778647092.jpg
43KB, 777x656px
>muh propertah
>>
Kill all other races.
Kill all women.
Kill all subhumans.
>>
>>1826937
Nice try historytard but this thread falls under humanities.

>>1826940
>>1826943
No.
>>
>>1826934
Kill the people who keep talking about it.
>>
>the one thread we could use a shitposting turk and he is nowhere to be seen
>>
>>1826971
So be like Singapore?
>>
>>1826934
Rather than ask "How do we ____", we should ask "What ought?"

Your question "How do we end Racism, sexism and bigotry?" implies that racism, sexism and bigotry are necessarily bad things. We should learn to understand what is bad, and whether our beliefs are hindered by outside forces. Marx, for example, thought that capitalism and market anxiety led people to be more materialistic and selfish.
While I don't agree with Marxism, i think that's a fair assessment.

Look at social animals. Lions have a hierarchy where the male is dominant over the female, but he doesn't hunt as much as the females. The male exists as a patriarch, a "Genetically superior" male whose strength is sole reason for his unbroken lineage.

While I know that an "Appeal to nature" isn't exactly the favorable opinion, it has historically led us to survive, and I think it's the model with the least hindrance on our ability (as a society) to come up with humanistic morals.

Humans are naturally social animals; and like lions, being raised in captivity, we have little to no natural expression of our own or instinct for survival. We have to be taught how to hunt, how to live. But also like the lions, we're equipped with tools to communicate; communication (body language, property, morality) are innate in human psychology.

Similarly, we need an understanding of the feral human, in conjunction with the understanding of a social human, to better understand the "ought"s of a moral society.
>>
Instrumentality
>>
>>1826950
>fall under humanities
literally how
>>
>>1826934
Please be satire
>>
We bring objectivity and scientific standards to psychology, then we figure out the evolutionary psychology and neuroscience between phenomena like bullying, hubris, tribalism etcetera... Then we educate people about this and promote healthy alternatives for this behavior.

However if we did that liberalism would crumble as well and a lot of sociology majors and professors would have difficulty finding employment. Taking advantage of people's fears and other emotions they don't really understand is big business.
>>
>>1826934
Stop fucking talking about it
>>
Seriously though lads some of those chick halloween costumes are pretty retarded
>>
>>1827670

Of course it is you retard.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.