[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone explain what the fuck the Yugoslav Wars were about?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 19

File: IMG_3816.gif (51KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3816.gif
51KB, 320x180px
Can anyone explain what the fuck the Yugoslav Wars were about?
>>
>>1820661
And then the serbs chimped out.
>>
>>1820661

dekebabification.
>>
Communism [colapse]d. Yugoslavia was no longer a special snowflake between the two blocks. People wanted to have their own countries (again). The Serbs were like "Noo, we want Great Ser-- uh, we mean Yugoslavia, brothers" and started genociding stuff.
>>
>>1820661
Serbian territorial desires.
Again.
>>
>>1820661

Croat fascist tendencies combined with ethnic nationalism as a result of America creating artificial scarcity in the economy and Bosnians going full durka durka Jihad. I'm not going to say we didn't do our fair share of genocide, but nobody was the "good guy" in that war.
>>
>>1820723
>America creating artificial scarcity in the economy
>>
Subhumans fighting for the title of Kang of the subhumans

The Turks leaving the Balkans only for the native tribes to massacre each other over sheep

Like Africa
>>
>>1820661
Correcting the US' post WW2 mistake of not getting a balkan base.
>>
Yugoslavia was an artificial nation with many different ethnic groups that had long standing animosity clumped together in one country. It was held together by an iron fisted communist dictatorship that gave special privileges to Serbs over all other ethnic groups. In return for this the Serbs were fiercely loyal to the government and worked quite hard to subjugate everyone else out of a fear that should this arrangement end they wouldn't just lose their advantage but would also face retribution for all their atrocities. When the cold war ended and communism was no longer viable the nation started to break apart. The serbs chimped the fuck out at this and declared war on fucking everyone, this however did not work.
>>
File: Pinnicleofargument.jpg (79KB, 777x656px) Image search: [Google]
Pinnicleofargument.jpg
79KB, 777x656px
>>1820727

Don't act like the IMF didn't fuck the countries economy, Yugoslavia stood in the way of American expansion of NATO and they wanted the country to die.

Also greentexting is not an argument.
>>
>>1820661
Serbs got served
>>
>>1820747

> All their atrocities

The Croats were the ones who worked with the Nazi's and chimped out in WW2 you idiot, look it up. The Croatian government created by the Germans killed hundreds of thousands of Serbs.
>>
File: dreamworks dog.jpg (17KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
dreamworks dog.jpg
17KB, 260x273px
>>1820751
>greentexting is not an argument
>>
File: af7.jpg (61KB, 573x619px) Image search: [Google]
af7.jpg
61KB, 573x619px
>>1820669

We're talking about Yugoslavia, not turkey
>>
Who was in the right? Did the US make a good decision in getting involved?

More importantly: what does remove kebab mean?
>>
File: terk.jpg (23KB, 252x276px) Image search: [Google]
terk.jpg
23KB, 252x276px
>>1820794
But that one ended in 1453, friend.
>>
>>1820800

I can see why the U.S got involved but they did so for their own interests of breaking up the country and using "muh genocide" as an excuse to side with the Bosnian Muslims and Croats.

Remove Kebab means to remove the Turk, because Kebab is a stereotypical turkish food and Bosniaks got raped and converted until they were basically Turks.
>>
>>1820723
How the fuck did bosnians go full durka durka jihad?
What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
It's funny that you mention this as I've watched four different documentaries about the break up of Yugoslavia (the two pro Serb ones, the BBC one, and the one the Slovenes made) and none of them go into what motivated the average guy on the ground. Just the political intrigue that went on on the federal level. As a result I still can't make heads or tails of why it all went to shit so quickly and so violently other than some vague notion of hyperinflation hitting the people legitimately hating each other over ethnicity.

I think it will never be fully understood.
>>
>>1820758
Croats doing atrocities doesn't excuse Serbs doing atrocities 50 years later.
>>
It's funny how this board is contrarian in regards to /pol/.
>Serbs dindunuffin
>Serbs did everything
Fuck off. We did shit but so did others. You can't just know snippets of information and pass judgement on a complex issue.
>>1821375
Average guy was mostly confused by propaganda. People really misinterpret and banalize events. When mobilization started for war in Croatia, 11% in Serbia responded and 22% in Montenegro.
>>
>>1821579
No it doesn't but they love to attach "genocidal" attribute on us despite the fact Croats slaughtered some 250-300,000 people in the most brutal manner.
Compare that with 8000 in Srebrenica (of which 2-3000 at minimum were soldiers and almost all were men).
>b-but it was 50 years ago
It was 40 years ago in 80's, many people affected were still alive.
Besides Srebrenica was 20 years ago and they still bitch about it daily and right now want to illegally revise elections because a Serb guy won there.
>>
>>1820661

>Can anyone explain what the fuck the Yugoslav Wars were about?

Tito held together a communist, multi-national Yugoslavia, after he died the project collapsed and the different national groups that made up Yugoslavia tried to establish their own nation-states which led to some nasty shit
>>
The eternal Slovenes started it, as usual
>>
>>1821700
Not really. Milošević was not a Serb nationalist. He just used Serbs as a tool for his goal, and his goal was becoming new Tito, rulling a more centralized Yugoslavia.
He exploited nationalist resentment in Serbia because of separation of Kosovo, Vojvodina and Montenegro and incompetent handling of Albanian irredentism in Kosovo.
And finally army which could've staged a coup pussied out and was finally humiliated in Slovenia when Milošević made a deal to let Slovenians leave in exchange for not interfering in his designs on Croatia.
Serbs in Bosnia had their own local leadership too, but they were highly nationalist. Those in Croatia were literally proxies of Milošević.
>>
>>1821375
>what motivated the average guy on the ground
In Serbia it was the police knocking on your door in the middle of the night and telling you that you've volunteered.
Croatian Serbs were motivated by WW2 experiences.
Croats were motivated by their 1000 year dream for independence.
Bosniaks were motivated by Islam, and they really didn't want to be left in a country that consists of Serbia and themselves.
Bosnian Serbs were motivated by the writings of a Montenegrin poet from the early 1800s
>>
>>1820809
why does this nigga post the same image in every post
tripfags oughtta be banned
>>
>>1821721
>Milosevic wasn't a serb nationalist his actions just happened to align with Serbian nationalism he was a pro multi ethnic titoist until the day he died he dindu nuffin
come on buddy
>>
>>1821727
Bosnian Serbs also suffered terribly in WW2. NDH included both Bosnia and Croatia.
In any case both Milošević and Karadžić were from Montenegro, so was Arkan for that matter.
>>
>>1821742
Did you even read my post? He was literally a communist official. He didn't even know how to cross himself properly.
He wanted a centralized Yugoslavia, he didn't want Greater Serbia, that was a project once former failed.
Even then he was never openly nationalist as his contemporaries like Šešelj or Drašković, or Karadžić.
>>
File: tumblr_nu6xskk0Wc1reorefo5_400.png (112KB, 400x259px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu6xskk0Wc1reorefo5_400.png
112KB, 400x259px
>>1820809
No I'm pretty sure that the turks still exist
>>
>>1820661
Dissolution of a country that posed too much of a threat to both blocks, mainly via it's Non-Aligned Movement, which severely hindered their expansions and attempt of dividing the planet in two identical spheres of influence.Most importantly, she presented a more "humane" alternative to wholesome economic development, at least in comparison to the free market enterprise and planned economy, hence Third World countries flocking to her side.Incidentally, they're the same countries that contain the largest amount of natural resources on the planet, you'd be a fool to believe that the West would've allowed them to follow a path of development outside the sphere of their supervision.
>Yugoslavia was an artificial nation with many different ethnic groups that had long standing animosity clumped together in one country.

The only difference between the Yugoslav was the color of their national symbols, although they were different when compared to Albanians who've been invited to live on Kosovo.

" It was held together by an iron fist communist dictatorship that gave special privileges to Serbs over all other ethnic groups"

So "privileged" that their federate republic was decentralized with not one, but two autonomous regions and a separate Montenegrin republic, while all Croatia had to "endure" were massive territorial gains in the form of Dalmatia and Istria.
>>
File: milo-dukanovic-14.jpg (49KB, 620x419px) Image search: [Google]
milo-dukanovic-14.jpg
49KB, 620x419px
>>1821746
And so was this fine NATO allied gentlemen who attacked Dubrovnik. And has been in power for almost 25 years.
>>
>>1821762
>Dissolution of a country that posed too much of a threat to both blocks

Dude, it had a pop of 20 mil, the most famous export was crime and the Yugo car
>>
>>1821762
I agree that our differences might be slight when observed objectively and that we could live together if we had a good ruler, but c'mon, there are differences. Especially in regards to Slovenians.
Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro are most similar but then again only difference between us and Bulgarians is language.
>>
>>1821742
He's right.At the very beginning, the Americans have even referred to him as "their guy" .

>>1820727
Although inflation was caused by massive native mismanagement and oil price changes, the artificial and temporary scarcities were in fact, a result of IMF involvement.
>>
>>1821775
We're removing him on 16th October, hopefully. That man, he's the biggest political cockroach this region has ever seen.
He went from orthodox commie to Serb nationalist to Montenegrin separatist in 10 years time.
>>
>>1821784
>only difference between us and Bulgarians is language
I think we have more differences than similarities
>>
>>1821779
And the fifth most powerful conventional army, global influence via the Non-Aligned movement.

> the most famous export

They've made most of their revenue on weapons, submarines, ships construction business(they've built most modern buildings in many African countries, including Libya), oil, home appliances and parts for nuclear missiles and spacecrafts.

>>1821784
Indeed, the Slovenians had the fortune to be a part of the Hapsburg Monarchy.
>>
>>1821807
Really? Like what?
I'm talking from personal experience, Bulgarians are same shit to Serbs down to mentality. I'm not saying of course we aren't "real" nations, just that we're really similar.
>>
>>1821791
I'm still baffled how he managed to rig 2 referendums on the same topic with 2 different outcomes that work in his favor.
>>
>>1821758
Why did he start his career by siding with the Serbs in Kosovo in '87? Why did he get involved in Montenegro and install Bulatovic as a puppet? Why did he eliminate the autonomy of Kosovo and Vojvodina? If he wanted a stronger Yugoslavia why did he allow Slovenia to leave? Why did he provide support for Serbian movements in Bosnia and Croatia?

He may have not been a Serb nationalist in the mold of Seselj or Karadzic but he was only pro Yugoslav in the sense of it being totally Serb dominated, and once that fell through he certainly worked toward a reality of a greater Serbia.
>>
>>1821820
Western money, support, and the fact Montenegrins never changed ruler and the fact that communists and communist succesors rule here for 71 years.
Also the fact we have population of a medium-sized Western city.
>>
>>1821823
>siding with Serbs
He exploited popular nationalist grievances, as I said. He improvised really, read accounts.
>Slovenia
It was already dead by then, noe he wanted territory and that meant seizing 30% of Croatia.
>Bulatović
...and Đukanović and Marović came as a trio, and as a part of AB revolution. They weren't openly nationalist back then.
>totally Serb dominated
That's natural. Just like USSR was Russian dominated, biggest nation. Doesn't mean commies or Milošević had honest Serbian nationalist goals in their mind. It's called using a tool to amass power.
>>
>>1820758
>The Croats were the ones who worked with the Nazi's
With the Nazi's what? Which Nazi?
>>
>>1821823
Totally dominated by himself.
He was a nobody in the party before he took his chance to appeal to the Serbs in Kosovo.
He wanted to rule a centralized Yugoslavia. The way to achieve that was to appeal to Serbs who were the most numerous.
He provided support to Croatian Serbs to blackmail Croatia, and to the Bosnian Serbs because shit had already hit the fan, and his Yugoslavia was not going to happen so he switched to a Serbian state idea.
Centralizing Kosovo gave him a lot of points with the Serbs, and also worked towards his goal. He let Slovenia go because it was a liability to him, and it would never accept his terms.
Looking at population numbers, a centralized Yugoslavia was going to be Serb dominated.
That is why several constitutions tried to limit Serbian influence in the country. Serbian provinces eventually becoming states in all but name, the existence of Montenegro and a Bosnia not divided were all to weaken Serbia's political power within the party.
Milosevic effectively broke the balance of power.
After it became clear that Yugoslavia was not possible, they opted to request ethnic borders instead of previous state boarders.
>>
ITT memers and dilettantes
>>
>>1821888
What did you expect, this is 4chan?
>>
File: ivan.jpg (46KB, 640x345px) Image search: [Google]
ivan.jpg
46KB, 640x345px
>>1821823
You're talking about a man who kidnapped and murdered his "best friend", the man that got him into politics when he was became a possible political opponent.
>>
>>1821975
*when he became
I'm tired. I had two different sentences in mind, and was snuck in.
>>
SERBIAN ARTILLERY IS LED BY GOD
>>
>>1821348
Mujahedeens
>>
>>1821348
It's like you've never heard their war songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znNaJtp50zM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqT5YxVJDTk
>>
>>1821683
its pretty well known that the croats were the real assholes of the balkans during ww2, they were quite enthusiastic participants in the holocaust as well

but the serbs were still the assholes during the yugoslav wars
>>
>>1823324
Nothing is so one sided my meme friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXHfCUwJfk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l77ArsyY6G4

The truth is that the Bosnian army started as a mostly secular army but as the war progressed the radical Muslim elements became apparent in some units, but they were never the majority. It was a knee jerk reaction to Orthodox mercenaries fighting in the Serb Army (Russians, Greeks...) and this added another dimension. Of course there were fanatics but saying that the Bosnian army was Muslim is an overstatement. Bosnian Muslims are such a minority on the Balkans that any major radicalism would lead to their destruction, because they are not many and separated from the Muslim world. Anyone who knows Bosnian Muslims knows that Bosnian Muslims drink, eat pork, whore around... the Slav in them is stronger than the ottoman brought religion.

A fact that is easily forgotten is that the religious element was pretty strong in the Serb/Orthodox and Croatian/Catholic forces too. But the Islamic elements in the Bosnian Army are shunned more due to the general dislike of Islam that has grown due to 9/11 and all Islam related happenings after.
>>
>>1824109
You seem like a local.
Could you tell me about the Iranian influence in the war? I've read that Iran provided a lot of weapons and mercenaries as well.
Why did Iran outdo Saudi Arabia when SA is the definition of funding sunni muslims in war? Or Turkey for that matter? Bosnian muslims are firmly in the Turkish sphere of influence.
>>
>>1824134
I cannot tell you much since the historiography is very clouded. Most works that get written on the recent war still carry a lot of passions and are written mostly for timely political goals. The thing I know is that objectively the arms embargo hurt the Serbs the least, and the Bosnians mostly, since the Serbs undoubtedly enjoyed JNA (Yugoslav peoples army the former Yugoslavian armed forces) support. The VRS (Army of the republic Srpska) enjoyed great material support, their major problem through the war was manpower, not weapons or equipment. The Bosnians had the opposite situation, enough manpower but no weapons.

There are rumors that the Americans agreed that a "third nation" would arm the Bosnians, because they wouldn't break the embargo. So they would play like they know nothing. It seems that nation was primarily Iran. It is interesting since the Muslims in Iran are mostly Shiites while the Bosnian Muslims are Sunni. Since in realpolitik no one does anything out of love my bet would have been that the Iranians hoped to extend their influence and somehow expand the Shiite influence among the Bosnian Muslims, who are, lets be honest, pretty shaky in their faith anyway. Such projects are alive today and Iran is pretty active with Shiite literature nowadays. My guess is that Turkey, a NATO member and heavily influenced by the Americans couldn't really do anything without American consent. And a NATO member that is not respecting and international arms embargo would look bad. The Saudis on the other hand supported the Bosnian army with a lot of money, although I know very little about this complex topic since it is still very hard to find any objective information about it.
>>
>>1824163
Thank you. Replies on /his/ are generally more level headed than on say /int/ or god forbid /pol/, but yours is especially level headed, which i respect.
Also, do you think the wider populations of Balkan peoples will ever understand realpolitik? They really seem hard line.
I talked to a Serb once on /int/ about Serbian sentiments about Russians, and he gave a very good reply (not unlike yours), but was immediately called out by some other Serbian posters as a traitor/Croat.
>>
>>1824197
I honestly don't know. Talking about Bosnia the identity is so intertwined with religion that it is hard for people who identify themselves like that to ever see clearly. The ressentiment is still very strong. The problem is that the mythological view of history is still dominant in the mostly uneducated masses. The Serb extremists dream of medieval glory and christian reconquest, the Bosnian have pseudo historical views about their past, about some kind of authentic Bosnian experience which is not supported by any facts; turning their medieval history into an struggle against oppressor and that they were somehow the kind heretics who just wanted to be alone. The Croats see themselves as the antemurale christianitatis against the eastern hordes. Although since they are in the NATO pact and EU they have the best chance to escape the ever returning Balkan triangle. No one is right here and everyone has some points. Bosnians don't understand that as the weakest part of this constellation + a foreign religion in a christian sphere they are preprogrammed to always pay the greatest price. They forget that they should forge better relations with their neighbors with all their might, and not go over Serb/Croat heads and flirt with the Turks who will not give a fuck if anything happens to them again. Most extremists here have a big brother complex while no one knows that politics since Machiavelli have not changed a bit. It is a complex situation with little understanding. I only see education as a real way out of this situation, but the general Americanized cult of anti intellectualism is strong here too.
>>
File: tastylemonade.jpg (47KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
tastylemonade.jpg
47KB, 500x395px
>>1821683
>tfw my country was in charge of defending Srebrenica
>with 600 lightly armed men who immediately fled when the Serbs asked us to
>I still don't know what the fuck we actually do with our military budget
>>
>>1824223
Ironically, the Croats were rewarded with that title for their service against the Ottoman Empire
>>
File: Based Milo.jpg (49KB, 468x647px) Image search: [Google]
Based Milo.jpg
49KB, 468x647px
>>1820661
Serbs were being assholes, so everyone else wanted to leave Yugoslavia, but the Serbs didn't want the nations that were leaving to take with them the Serb majority areas.
>>
>>1820747
>that gave special privileges to Serbs over all other ethnic groups
That's wrong though. They were the dominant group which is why Tito had to fragment it, so that they didn't have any special privileges.

It is part of the reason why they chimped out and wanted to restore their Greater Serbia initially.
>>
>>1827329
By they I mean Serbs/Serbia, of course.
>>
>tfw no /his/ sings God is a Serb
>tfw no /his/ musical
>>
>>1824109
Eh, it dunno man. I know Hezbollah got involved.
>>
File: map.jpg (63KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
63KB, 600x392px
>>1820747
>muh ancient ethnic divisions

no

Yugoslavia always had issues with it's economy, but it was set up in such a way that they delayed recession for a while, until right around the time Tito died. People like to think that Tito united different ethnicites, but this is BS, it was economic growth that united Yugoslavia.

The issue was, this growth was artificial, propped up by foreign workers and loans. The economy made little sense, and corruption and nepotism was rampant. Factories and hotels would be built in the middle of nowhere. They squandered their mineral wealth by creating expensive and inefficient supply chains and routes, and ended up importing from other countries.

But through all this, Yugoslavia was pretty independent. Because they were non-aligned, no major powers had much invested in the countries economy, or its fate. In fact, I think they defaulted on their loans, which only furthered the international communities apathy.

In the 80s, you get the rise of nationalism as a result of a shitty economy, and the looming collapse of communism. The elites saw the writing on the wall: soon, they would have to split apart and adopt democracy. But in the short term, they wanted to use what power they had to secure more resources and territory for that future country.

Because Serbs were the majority, and because they were the poorest (apart from Kosovars), they had the most to lose. But they also had the most power in the Yugoslav government. Milosevic, who was not even a Serb but a Montenegrin, was an opportunist who stirred up nationalism to meet these tangible political goals.
>>
>>1820661
As usual, Serbian nationalism.
>>
File: tumblr_libn7rwRqp1qc21cto1_500.jpg (29KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_libn7rwRqp1qc21cto1_500.jpg
29KB, 500x373px
>>1827484

Milosevic started loading the military and government with Serbs, and the state run media started blaring out fear-mongering propaganda. The state monopoly of media and communications made this very easy to achieve, and really began to instill existential fear in the Serbs. People forget, but up until the 90s the Serbs had a very good reputation internationally, and were generally viewed as a historical victim. This historical persecution was used to mobilize support for Milosevic.

The first parts of Yugoslavia to go were the richest, the Slovenians. They saw an easy future for themselves, with closer ties to the west. It was when Croatia and Bosnia tried to spit off that problems arose, because both countries had sizable Serb populations that did not want to go from a majority in Yugoslavia to a minority in some other country.

Milosevic started feeding militias into these areas, and arming them. Keep in mind, many of these militias were career criminals, not really representatives of the average Serb. Many of them weren't even from the areas they were "defending", they were gang members from Serbia proper.

The Serbs had the strength of the yugoslav military behind them, and due to an international weapons embargo, Croatia and Bosnia were at a disadvantage. In some places, people fought with improvised weapons.

Amid all the ethnic strife, sometimes it's hard to see it, but there were always tangible goals that each party sought to achieve. It's easy to dismiss the war as ethnic passions flaming up, but there was a clear strategy to get a Serbian path to the sea in south-east Bosnia and Hercegovina. This is why Dubrovnik was targeted as well. The heavy fighting in eastern Croatia was also tied to the industry there. Fighting in Mostar, Bosnia had a lot to do with the factories that produced weapons and aircraft there.
>>
>>1820686
kek
>>
File: Ron-Haviv02-850x618.jpg (120KB, 850x618px) Image search: [Google]
Ron-Haviv02-850x618.jpg
120KB, 850x618px
>>1827524

Not entirely. Politicians of other ethnic groups were also clearly planning for the inevitable collapse, Milosevic just made poor PR decisions. Croat and Bosnian nationalism were felt just as strongly, it's just that they didn't have the strength of the Yugoslav army to enforce their ideas. At the end of the war, when the tied turned, had the Bosnian army marched to Banja Luka there would probably have been some major war crimes carried out. But Dayton froze the conflict before then.

Nationalism was the tool to gain mass support (which by the end of the 1990s had eroded as Serbia grew tired of their reputation being dragged through the mud and their infrastructure bombed). It was really a scramble for resources as the country fell apart.

>>1827537

The Kosovo conflict was about resources as well: the majority population there was Kosovar Albanian, which meant as democracy became the norm across the former communist world, they would inevitably break away from Serbia. At first they just tried repression, filling the police force with Serbs. But soon it became clear that the situation would not last.

Kosovo is valuable because it has tons of mineral resources. Apart from that, it's a poor region. It contains some historical monastaries, but before the 80s and 90s it wasn't some mythical fixation of the Serbs like people think. The batte of Kosovo is important in their history, but the land itself was never some sort of "holy land" until Milosevic started stirring up resentment.

The media would run stories - some true, some false - about Albanians attacking local Serbs. While the situation was tense, escalating to military action was obviously a part of a larger plan. They planned on creating a horseshoe shape, and then driving the Albanians out of Pristina and the major cities into Albania and Macedonia.
>>
File: blo-557-1450106579-size_1000.jpg (109KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
blo-557-1450106579-size_1000.jpg
109KB, 1000x664px
>>1827566
Both cases ended with NATO intervention, and while these are portrayed in retrospect like noble crusades to stop genocide, the reality is that the international community did not care. There were no investments to protect in Yugoslavia. They were non-aligned so they had no major allies to come in and save the day.

Early on, Bill and Hillary were seen reading the book Balkan Ghosts, which talks about the long standing ethnic conflicts in the region. As if to imply that they weren't getting involved because there was nothing they could do, this was just tribal warfare.

The weapons embargo was largely a failure, because rather than de-escalate the fighting it only put the more vulnerable populations at risk. Some weapons were smuggled in, though.

Because some of the populations targeted were Muslim, some in the European community turned a blind eye, seeing it as a necessary correction to a historical accident. I believe a french(?) ambassador was caught saying something like this.

Ultimately, once the refugee problem became unbearable and images of the war started dominating the news, there was too much pressure, and finally NATO acted. While this was fairly timely in the case of Kosovo (where they love Americans and Germans to this day), in Bosnia and Croatia the populations are not so thankful, just sort of apathetic and bitter because that war dragged on so long without serious efforts at diplomacy.
>>
>>1820661
Nationalism and Ethnic Cleansing is the word
>>
In a nutshell:
>Tito dies
>Instability happens
>The different ethnic groups start fighting each other
>Some kebab removal in the process
>Modern day Balkans.
>>
>>1827537
>>1827577
I'd say the weapons embargo failed because weapons were still smuggled in.
And i'd say that whereas intervention was late in the former wars, it was preemptive in case of Kosovo.
>>
File: 23h6fth.jpg (83KB, 680x737px) Image search: [Google]
23h6fth.jpg
83KB, 680x737px
>>1827600
>kebab removal
>bad
>>
All you need to know that Serbs tend to claim that wherever they live, that's Serbia and they somehow have a claim on it, even if they arrived there as the refugees once. They also converted Byzantine Orthodox population of coastal Croatia into Serbian nationalists through Serbian Orthodox Church which is the single most evil and corrupt organization in the Balkans, continuing to provoke the region and the world through two or more centuries.

That's why Croats purged in ww2 killing 800.000 Serbs and that's why 400.000 Serbs left in 1994-5. You could say the modern Croatia is created on the genocide and banishment of the Serbian people, because otherwise this would be something like Serbian part of Bosnia, some chimpout para-state. It doesn't help that Serbs were nothing short of ISIS tier of chimps, creating their terrorist-like state in the middle of Croatia once we decided to break out. At the same time, Serbian regime in Serbia was thrilled to make use of the circumstances to annex that territory for greater Serbia. It was literally that, even today they have that Party in Serbia dreaming about expanding to all the present and former Serbian territories. Luckily there are not as many Serbs here today. Very dangerous people, very cunning.

They became less socialist and more nationalistic same as everyone in the late 80s, its just that they had a completely wrong idea. During the Yugoslav regime their heads were filled with stories of evil Nazi Croats and the very idea of independent Croatia was ALWAYS linked to Nazi ideology.
>>
>>1827992
>All you need to know that Serbs tend to claim that wherever they live, that's Serbia and they somehow have a claim on it
>That's why Croats purged in ww2 killing 800.000 Serbs and that's why 400.000 Serbs left in 1994-5.
But cro*ts dindu nuffin, it was the Serbs that chimped out!
>>
>>1827484
> this growth was artificial, propped up by foreign workers and loans. The economy made little sense, and corruption and nepotism was rampant. Factories and hotels would be built in the middle of nowhere. They squandered their mineral wealth by creating expensive and inefficient supply chains and routes, and ended up importing from other countries.

Mismanagement and the drop of oil prices cause the temporaries issues, not the organization itself.The debts only began to accumulate in 1976 and when transformed to modern-day dollar value, they'd still be negligible in comparison to the debts of every country that rose from it's ashes.

One more thing, a country that made most of it's revenue on weapons, submarines, ships construction business(they've built most modern buildings in many African countries, including Libya), oil, home appliances and parts for nuclear missiles and spacecrafts couldn't have had an "artificial economy".
>>
>>1821683
>b-but they did it first, and killed more of us!
That's your defence? Really? Even though Croats dwell on the past way too much, they've fought with much less soldiers, less weapons and vehicles, and more outdated ones at that. And you Serbs still struggled with them, pathetic. Both sides had done crimes in Croatia's Homeland war, but Serbs take the fucking cake.
>>
>>1828244
ehm, if americans didn't intervene, we would roll over zagreb in a month, and that was volonteers only. also what are the serb crimes in croatia, post some news articles, I'd like to read them
>>
>>1828250
I meant that both sides did crimes in the Homeland war, but Serbs commited worse ones. Seeing how you struggled with them, I doubt you'd roll over Zagreb in a month, if 'Murica didn't help 'em.
>>
>>1828262
again, post some news articles, I've read how croats and muslims butchered children, cutting ears and noses and then slaughtering them, and never read about serbs doing that, could be our propaganda, so post your objective news sources
>>
>>1820661
Nationalism
>>
What are the chances for a Yugoslavian scenario to happen in the US?
>>
>>1828267
First, you show me yours that claim that Croats butchered children, and all that jazz.

>>1828273
Extremely little, if any.
>>
>making country with croats
>ever
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1136832/
>>
>>1828280
>Extremely little, if any.
HA you got Trump supporters who are already arming themselves for an revolution should Trump lose
>>1820727
https://www.congress.gov/bill/101st-congress/house-bill/5114
>Prohibits, six months after this Act's enactment, the expenditure of funds made available pursuant to this Act to provide assistance to Yugoslavia. Directs the Secretary of the Treasury to instruct the U.S. executive directors to international financial institutions to oppose any assistance to Yugoslavia. Exempts from such prohibition assistance to support democratic parties or movements and emergency and humanitarian assistance. Makes such prohibition inapplicable if: (1) all the individual republics of Yugoslavia have held free and fair elections and are not engaged in a pattern of human rights violations; or (2) the Secretary of State certifies that Yugoslavia is making significant strides toward complying with the Helsinki Accords and is encouraging any republic which has not held free and fair elections to do so.
>>
>>1828219
Of course we did something, they did too. I am a Croat, but there's no sense in denying war crimes. That isn't some ancient history.
However Serbs have that peculiar trait to act like half-human chimpanzees wherever they settle, unlike noble Croatian people. To us, Albanians, Serbs and gypsies are all the same bunch.
>>
>>1828283
Anthropologists concluded that Croats in particular for some reason suffered a lot during their early history. There were countless remains of bones proving gruesome deaths, endless inner conflicts and particular affinity towards extreme violence inflicted upon everyone regardless of gender and age. It's in the people. At first they thought their battles with Turks caused it, because Turks used some very nasty methods to resettle populations when they needed to, but with Croats this goes beyond Turks into early medieval history. Although archaeology doesn't show it or history elaborately mentions those areas in that period of history, it seems that Slavic Croat tribes had a rough time disciplining and taming the local Roman and indigenous populations, leading them to horrendous conflicts later on.
>>
>>1828319
>However Serbs have that peculiar trait to act like half-human chimpanzees wherever they settle, unlike noble Croatian people. To us, Albanians, Serbs and gypsies are all the same bunch.

And this nobility causes the noble Croat to utterly destroy any car in his vicinity that has BG on its license plates on the assumption that it belongs to a half-human Serb.

You're as subhuman as the rest of us.
>>
>>1828338
in other words, croats are literaly white niggers
>>
>>1828427
From what i can tell all the yugoslav countries are white niggers. I find it hard to believe such tribalistic cultures are anything but niggers in white skin.
>>
>>1828430
Slovenes aren't white niggers. Quite the opposite, they are as Aryan as you can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZAD7W3M4zc
>>
>>1823429
so were the bosniaks who aided the axis in the balkans.

>>1827382
Well we got /int/ that did it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LedKEFXLzj4
>>
>>1820661
nah
>>
>>1828430
pretty much, slavs need a dictator that tells them what to do, everything goes to shit when we have democracy
>>
>>1828476
No.
Ironically Serbs have been pretty libertarian.
Every single riot/revolt under the Obrenovic dynasty was about "muh dynastic export monopoly"
>>
>>1828430
Your only problem is thinking that white is somehow automatically the pinnacle of human race, which is false. Not everyone is a rich Viennese 19th century citizen that visits art galleries and hangs out with Freud.
Americans have so called white trash, racists and groups of overweight subhumans beyond belief, English are mostly inbred white trash or extremely mediocre middle class, Germans are a ruined race of disillusioned leftist fanatics same as Scandi states which have their looks as the only thing going well for them in terms of that proud glorious whiteness. Spanish, Italian? French?! Pls.

The only difference is that we went through some radical periods after you enjoyed five decades of comfort. You can learn from us what can still happen elsewhere, we are not that different from anyone else. Not in behavior and certainly not in appearence. General mentality is fucked up given the circumstances, but thats about it.
>>
>>1828504
Another good example would be northern Ireland.
>>
>>1828514
>>1828504
If anything, East Asians are the true masterrace at the moment, with their super organized societies, control over their feelings and actions, graceful bodies and better diets, respectful confucian values and normally conservative people. I sometimes see them as what whites used to be, but aren't anymore.
>>
I can't read this thread because I don't know who to trust and don't know enough background to vet the info given.

Anyone got a book recommendation? Looking for something relatively impartial.
>>
>>1828546
The thread has some pretty good discussion. Just give it a read.
>>
>>1828527
Even they have barbaric practices, such as boiling animals alive to achieve the best possible flavour and very poor treatment of individual citizens.

In essence, putting any race or nation on a pedestal is unwise.
>>
>>1828449
https://youtu.be/5w5m8lYMJoo
>being a nemškutar
>>
>>1828527
You seem to be forgetting their high level of depression and suicides and their terrible birth/death rate.
>>
>>1828550
I did and it looked awesome but I just have no idea what's going on. Reading 4chan without background is the best way to fuck up your knowledge (see pol for extreme examples lol).
>>
>>1828546
check this out. I think it's relatively unbiased (protip, youre not gonna find any unbias though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oODjsdLoSYo
>>
Serbia happened

>muh Kosovo
>muh Dusan empire
>muh Great Serbia
>monkey subhuman rage
>gets btfo by NATO
>WE GUD BOYS WE DID DO NUFFIN!!! SAVE US DADDY PUTIN!
>>
>>1828476
You need time to adapt to democracy, it's a very consuming process, memes aside.

>>1828504
Since when are Scandinavians good-looking?
>>
>>1828756
Really this.
>>
File: JHFK002.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
JHFK002.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>1820809
>>
>>1824163
you seem very well informed and rational, I'm very interested in the Bosnian conflict. Could I add you online somehow?
>>
File: 1476397207840.jpg (18KB, 552x389px) Image search: [Google]
1476397207840.jpg
18KB, 552x389px
>>1820661
>>1820661
Slav soul, aftershocks of Ottoman Empire enrichment, playground for great powers attempting to extend their sphere of influence and economic zone.

t. Catholic balkannigger
>>
>>1828338
>it seems that Slavic Croat tribes had a rough time disciplining and taming the local Roman and indigenous populations, leading them to horrendous conflicts later on.

This is what you see time and time again when you read about the history of these peoples. The South Slavs had a pathological hatred of Vlachs for centuries.
In Macedonia, in Banat, in Mountainous Dalmatia, in Bosnia, in the "Borderlands" (the Krajinas) you had the Slavs subduing a native population, than claiming the land as their own.
Croats and Serbs used "Vlach" as an insult for each other.
>>
>>1832480
Not just them, Hungarians hate them also, the Vlachs were notoriously savage, even by Balkan standards.
>>
File: servians.jpg (102KB, 1691x216px) Image search: [Google]
servians.jpg
102KB, 1691x216px
You guys have to be aware of the Serve mentality.
>>
>>1832480
ironically, if it weren't for opressing vlachs, sometimes even now, we really like our southern neighbour.
>>
>>1820661
>Can anyone explain what the fuck the Yugoslav Wars were about?
Balkanshits being Balkanshits.
>>
File: vukovar_casualties.jpg (105KB, 311x905px) Image search: [Google]
vukovar_casualties.jpg
105KB, 311x905px
>>1828250
>we would roll over Zagreb

>drop more explosives per square metre on Vukovar than what fell on Stalingrad total
>still barely take the city

o i am laffin
>>
>>1828219
>That's why Croats purged in ww2 killing 800.000 Serbs

lol not even cloose

>that's why 400.000 Serbs left in 1994-5

you forced the Croatian population to leave at gunpoint prior to that then left of your own volition before Operation Storm because your leaders told you the vampiric Ustaše are coming

in the process Serbian tanks ran over their own "refugee" columns

fucking Serbian savages
>>
Slavs niggered out.

>muh muslims must be exterminated and raped enmass
>>
>>1827992

>800.000
>400.000

daj nemoj jest govna u tolikoj količini
>>
>>1832712

what 400000, where? how many serbs are there in the balkan, 20 000 000???

ajde if he said 40 000, thats not few either, al ono, ne, 400.000, why not a million
>>
>>1828283
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croats_(military_unit)

>All 17th-century soldiers who had first served at the south-east European Habsburg Military Frontier toward the Ottoman Empire and then joined the war theatre of Central Europe were arbitrarily referred to as "Croats".[8] However, the Croats comprised men recruited all over Eastern Europe including Croats, Hungarians, Serbs, Albanians, Transylvanians, Poles, Cossacks, Wallachians and Tatars.[7] Because of the reputation of the Croats, some authors often used the term "Croat" as reference to the military unit or cavalry.[9]

really makes you think
>>
>>1824223
SERIOUSLY, YOU SEEM LIKE THE MOST ENLIGHTENED BOSNIAN I'VE MET. CAN I ADD YOU? I WANNA DISCUSS BOSNIA WITH YOU
sorry for caps, but I need him to see this
>>
>>1820661
"Hi, I'm Slobodan Milosevic and welcome to Jackass."
>>
>>1833313
Well, sure. But I'm not insane to post anything that can be traced back to me on 4chan. Write down some trash email account, if you have one, and I'll contact you if you want to.
>>
>>1820727
who could it be now?
>>
>>1828283
>literally linking to Stormfront as a source
>>
>>1820661
Slavs being slavs
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.