[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the single most powerful person in history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0341.jpg (24KB, 241x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0341.jpg
24KB, 241x224px
Who was the single most powerful person in history?
>>
>>1818059
My dad
>>
File: IMG_0305.png (25KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0305.png
25KB, 657x527px
>>1818064
>was
sorry lad
>>
>>1818075
He rebirths every century to give birth to another me, and a twin.
>>
>>1818059
Nathaniel Rothschild
>>
David Rockefeller
>>
>>1818076
explain?
>>
>>1818059
Founder of korea t b h
>>
>>1818059
Stalin, 1945
he could've redirected the course of the entire planet on a whim
>>
>>1818059

Jesus.
>>
Hail Hitler!
>>
>>1818059

The correct answer is jesus completely unironically. His words have influenced millions of people, from the poorest of the poor, to the wealthiest of kings. He also has the top-selling book of all human history.
>>
>>1818181
>Jesus
>Writting the Bible

While, I agree that he is certainly one of the most important figures of history and that the Bible is the most printed and read book in history. I wouldn't call the Bible, his book, for starters the first half doesn't even have him in it. The rest is a biography written way after the fact, that he is blissfully unaware of.
>>
>>1818173
I like how you put a period at the end of your one word post, as if it gave it gravity :)
>>
>>1818188

>The rest is a biography written way after the fact, that he is blissfully unaware of.

So that means his biography is the top selling book in human history. You know what I meant.
>>
>>1818181
Influential ≠ powerful
Jesus was nowhere near as powerful compared to famous leaders when he was alive
>>
>>1818160
I'd argue Truman from 1945-1947 fit the bill more. The US was basically the only country on Earth with any true industrial capacity left, a population that wasn't nearly as war-fatigued as the Brits and especially the Soviets, and was the sole nation capable of producing atomic weaponry during that period. For a few brief years, the US had a level of power that when compared to the rest of the world was absolutely unprecedented, and Truman was at its helm.
>>
Barack Obama
>>
>>1818240

>Influential ≠ powerful

That's wrong.
>>
>>1818261
>can't get the GOP to do anything
>would look a lot worse if he didn't have his blunders ignored by a media in the democrats' back pocket
>needs a woman he personally despises to become president to preserve his legacy
>130lbs.
>>
>>1818188

>the first half doesn't even have him in it

Jesus Christ appears throughout the Old Testament.
>>
>>1818059
Depends on the era.

Augustus is up there, wielding absolute power over the Roman Empire with 60 legions under his command.

No one can challenge him, since all the great figures of the Republic died during the various civil wars.
>>
>>1818262
A person can become quite influential after his death, but power is only applicable to a person's lifetime. Nietzsche is influential, but he was never powerful.
>>
>>1818339

>Implying that power after death isn't the greatest power of all
>>
>>1818339
>Nietzsche is influential, but he was never powerful
>>
Muhammad (pbuh)
>>
>>1818059
Madara Uchiha
>>
File: X5fAC6a.jpg (29KB, 470x430px) Image search: [Google]
X5fAC6a.jpg
29KB, 470x430px
Genghis Khan
>>
>>1818876
Which madara uchicha are you talking about?
>>
>>1818258
Truman wasn't really a dictator like Stalin though.
>>
>>1818059
Nappy.
>>
>>1818059
Musa Musa
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.