[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds Holy fuck, simmer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (32KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
32KB, 1280x720px
>Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds
Holy fuck, simmer down chap. Talk about laying it on thick.
>>
>when you try to make a memorable quote but you fuck up the subject-verb agreement and your blunder will be remembered forever instead
>>
>>1815969
I'd say it's more memorable with the grammatical fuck up. Brings the fact that they're nazi scientists into mind which brings up a lot more about the whole situation surrounding nukes.

"Nazi scientist" is going to be one hell of a term in the future, like Byzantine engineers or Persian mathematicians or Renaissance artists.
>>
>>1815992
>Jew
>Nazi scientist

yeah no
>>
>>1815969
Whats the grammar fuck up?
>>
>>1816168
>>1816168
probably referring to 'i AM become death' even though it was intentional
>>
>>1815826
>Holy fuck, simmer down chap. Talk about laying it on thick.

You don't understand the potential of nuclear weapons do you?

You just look at videos of them and think "Oh look a big boom. big whoop". But you're just not getting it. A single bomb the size of a car could completely level Manhattan. Imagine how that made the man feel after first witnessing that amount of power being unleashed, and he had a hand in it.
>>
>>1815992
>>Brings the fact that they're nazi scientists into mind which brings up a lot more about the whole situation surrounding nukes
>guys who were inventing a weapon to defeat nazis
>nazis

What am I reading?
>>
>>1815826
We had this thread yesterday.
>>
>>1816224
How was it intentional?
>>
File: Moon Landing 1920x1200 wallpaper.jpg (411KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Moon Landing 1920x1200 wallpaper.jpg
411KB, 1600x1000px
>>1815969
>can operate what was at the time the most advanced piece of machinery ever created without so much as a problem
>fucks up his line when he steps off the thing
>>
>>1815826
I mean, its understandable - what he's describing is the first time anyone in history discovered a weapon that could (and still can) destroy the world.

>>1816224
>>1816168
>>1815969
>>1816845
There is no grammatical error, it's just old English and its present-perfect sense - which stuck around from the original translations of the Bhagavad Gita

You can find it in other writings too
>Madam, the Lady Valeria is come to visit you.
The Tragedy of Coriolanus by William Shakespeare

>Vext the dim sea: I am become a name;
Ulysses by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

>I am come in sorrow.
-- Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad
>>
>>1816832
>>1815969
>>1815826
It was a quote Shiva said from Bhagavad Gita when he murdered everyone. Pretty thematic considering the impact of the bomb.
>>
>>1816845
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0155975
>>
>>1815826
It's archaic grammar meant to sound dramatic
>>
>>1816941
>meant to sound dramatic

No it isn't, it's a direct quote.
>>
An atomic war wouldnt do shit to Earth in the long run. Long after we wipe ourselves out the Earth will keep on spinning
>>
>>1815992
>Oppenheimer
>A Nazi
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>1816998
Not even the guy you're responding to but

>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>1815826
He created, with his hard work as well as his team, and witnessed the power to end the human race. He knew he opened Pandora's box and there was no going back.

To witness the first successful atomic bomb detonation is probably an incomprehensible feeling.

>>1815969
It wasn't a grammatical error, that is the actual quote. The only real error is that the closer translation would be Time rather than Death but that's not as dramatic and both can be found depending on what you're reading.
>>
>>1816853
I didnt think it was incorrect. OP is just a retard, as usual
>>
Aren't the browsers here all spinoffs from /lit/? How the fuck did anyone think it was actually a grammatical error?
>>
>>1817836
Mainly /pol/ really.
>>
>>1817836
/lit/'s population is pretty small. /pol/'s population is very large.
Why would you think that /lit/ is majority?
>>
>>1818196
>>1818271
>came here for histroy
>politics and philosophy have scared all real discussion away
>just pseudo intellectually shit post in bait threads now, occasionally finding so insightful discussion
Is this the /pol/ /lit/ experience?
>>
>>1817836
I'm here from /k/.
>>
>>1818287
It isn't that bad, stop whining. Go contribute some real/insightful discussion if you want it, keep on posting off topic if you don't.
>>
Yeah I imagine the guys around him rolling their eyes when he said it, the edgelord

Also what a bunch of retards in the first part of this thread, it's not grammatically incorrect, leave /his/ please
>>
>>1816998
>direct quote
>meant to sound dramatic
Not mutually exclusive
>>
>>1817014
Yeah really...
>Now I am become death, destroyer of humans
I like the ole Engrish.
>>
>>1816998
>direct quote
>from a history written in sanskrit
>translated by Oppenheimer himself
>>
>>1816862
>It was a quote Shiva said from Bhagavad Gita when he murdered everyone.
Only one anon knows what he was quoting?

Dayum /his/ that's sad.
>>
>Time I am, destroyer of the worlds

http://www.asitis.com/11/32.html

>I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds

http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/Gita/verse-11-30.html

>I am time, the seasoned annihilator of the worlds

https://gitajourney.com/2012/11/15/bhagavad-gita-verse-32-chapter-11/
>>
File: homersimpson.jpg (50KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
homersimpson.jpg
50KB, 1024x768px
>>1820716
>seasoned
>>
>>1820696
He's wrong though, that quote came from Shiva after the prince requested to see his multi-armed form.
Shiva was in human form, to convince the prince to fight in the war against his brothers.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.