[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From a Marxist standpoint, what is post-scarcity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: giphy.gif (572KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
572KB, 444x444px
From a Marxist standpoint, what is post-scarcity?
>>
when you have a lot of something, but it's still finite.

think about how you can buy a 20 pound bag of race for $5.

kind of like that.

I think.
>>
Probably wouldn't like it since its based on raping resources.
>>
When a good is plentiful enough to easily meet people's needs, and scarcity does not determine how a good is distributed, and scarcity does not determine prices.

It's like how there's a flat rate at an all you can eat buffet, or how you can stream as much or as little as you want from Netflix. The price has no relation to the amount of the good you actually consume. You simply collectively pay into the system enough to make it work, and take as much as you care to consume.
>>
>>1815812
what happens when that weird guy begins to hoard item x just because?
>>
I don't know that any economic model based on the price/demand equation works in a post-scarcity scenario.
>>
>>1815869
There is no post scarcity though, history shows even in bountiful times people demand more.
>>
>>1815857
Either it's not any more a problem than a guy who leaves Netflix streaming 24/7 even when he's sleeping, or you implement some sort of policy to discourage that behavior. Keep in mind, there's no rational reason to hoard the stuff unless you can heard enough to make a dent in the supply and create scarcity, and then you're being a dick and everyone will hate you. It's essentially worthless because you can't use it all, and has no use-value, and everyone else can also have as much as they want already so you can't trade it for anything, meaning it has no exchange value.

It's not exactly easy to walk off with an unlimited amount of a commodity. On Netflix you can only stream one thing at a time. For food, you're going to have to carry it yourself. No one is going to care if you write down in the ledger that they owe you 1 million cans of beans. You might be able to bring the system down with a coordinated DDoS or a run on the food co-op, or something, but that just turns into a situation where this is why we can't have nice things, and you're ruining the system for no reason. Society works based on the fact that people do things for reasons.
>>
>>1815936
>implying there were times in the past that were more bountiful
Bubbles aren't bounty
>>
>>1815400
That's a lot of race
>>
>>1815391

his delusional fantasy that "machines will do everything then everything is free lol" at some point in the future, that even he stopped believing after a while
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.