[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the relationship between black servants and whites?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161011_220212.jpg (59KB, 587x442px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161011_220212.jpg
59KB, 587x442px
What was the relationship between black servants and whites? In William Faulkner novels they're always telling grown men what to do fearlessly.
>>
>>1814371
They were treated like slaves, expensive slaves, but slaves none the less
>>
Like the way people act around their bosses, if their bosses could torture and murder them on a whim
>>
>>1814371
As house slaves, they were a permanent part of family life. They'd help raise the children, engage in conversation. Anyone spending years together in that manner develops a bond that, while ultimately and indisbutely founded by racism, was also a form of kinship.

Of course this is speaking generally. There was plantation owners that were completely abusive.
>>
>>1814407
Mine could 2bh
>>
>tfw raised by working class parents instead of a dedicated mammy
>>
>>1814371
IDK about the USA but in south america it wasn´t uncommon black women slaves breastfeeded upper class white children so they were like a second mother
>>
>>1814371
Think of blacks like dogs that look like people and you can fuck and you have an idea what the relationships were like, you just know those white owners were molesting and raping the shit out of their female slaves.
>>
>>1814371
The mammy was practically untouchable. She was more of a mother to the plantation owner's children than their biological mother. If he ever laid a finger on her, his own kids would draw on him. And of course, to be raising his kids would imply that he has a lot of trust in her to begin with, so she would already be well treated already.

The regular female slaves in the fields didn't have that protection at all, obviously. It was really only the mammy and the head house slave that got treated well.
>>
>>1814371
Because they were a 2nd mama, and womens job traditionally is being the boss of the home.

The children basically had the benefit of having both a normal mom, plus a sassy black mom.
>>
>>1814407
>torture and murder on a whim

Not only did this happen only very rarely, it would be illegal as well.

I'm no promoter of slavery or anything like that, but the mythology surrounding it makes some people believe it was worse than the Holocaust or something. Read Road to Disunion vol 1 and 2 instead of watching pop bullshit like Django.
>>
>>1817228
While the Black mom's kid had no mom lol.
>>
File: overseerfuckedup.png (13KB, 550x181px) Image search: [Google]
overseerfuckedup.png
13KB, 550x181px
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18912/18912-h/18912-h.htm

just read some slave narratives, some were treated badly, some were treated well. Also you get to read gems like pic related.
>>
File: David Carradine (2).jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
David Carradine (2).jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>1814428
Oh, is that so?
>>
>>1816016
do you work for the Clintons?
>>
>>1814371
Oh lawd
>>
>>1814371
Oh my lawd
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.