[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does Jesus teach?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: images-25.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images-25.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
What does Jesus teach?
>>
Programming at my local college.
>>
File: dancing-with-jesus.jpg (17KB, 289x300px) Image search: [Google]
dancing-with-jesus.jpg
17KB, 289x300px
>>1813439
How to dance
>>
File: 1...jpg (24KB, 479x317px) Image search: [Google]
1...jpg
24KB, 479x317px
>Literally scores of Books written about Jesus and his life, his teachings, and his philosophy
"Wut duz Jeezuz teech?"
>>
>>1813445
Maybe He teaches us to program our mind?
>>1813471
Maybe He teaches us how to dance with life?
>>
>>1813479
Isn't that every thread on here?

>isn't it true that
>What does he mean by this /his/
>What if this happened this way
>can you guys help me form my own opinion
>>
He has 3 major commandments.
1. Love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.
2. Love your neighbor as your self / Do unto others and you would have them do unto you.
3. Love one another as I have loved you, even laying down your life for a friend.
>>
>>1813479
>Literally scores of Books
>4 gospels considered canon, 3 of which are edits of Mark
>>
>>1813486
I guess so, but something so accessible.
Usually /his/ threads are about obscure battles going awry, vikings vs any era, and just generally lesser known things.
>>
>>1813439
Nothing, he's dead.
>>
>>1813494
>he hasn't been to the religion and culture section of B&N
>>
>>1813500
I'm surprised Barnes and Noble hasn't gone out of business yet t b h
>>
>>1813439
How to love.

>>1813471
That too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0aEHw3vKLg
>>
>>1813493
Sounds like easy things to do... I would derived why this world makes those statements a lot harder than they mean

>>1813497
Not all the time. There are a dis-info threads on here

>>1813498
But for those who believe He is a Spirit, He still teaches people today.
>>
>>1813439
forgiveness
>>
>>1813509
>How to love.
So Jesus marrying the Church wasn't just a metaphor? Is the life test of whether or not you will believe and a accept Jesus Christ really just a way to see who will be willing to let Jesus fuck them in the ass when the time comes? Considering how large David's harem was it wouldn't surprise me since he is supposed to prefigure Christ.
>>
>>1813520
>love = sex
>>
>>1813524
>love =/= sex
>sex is alternatively called "making love"
>>
File: Good Shepherd.jpg (93KB, 575x618px)
Good Shepherd.jpg
93KB, 575x618px
>>1813529
ἀγάπη
>>
>“In this manner, therefore, pray” (Matthew 6:9).

When we are taught the our Father, is it just a guideline to pray rather than a prayer itself?
Cause shortly after we are told not to use repetitive phrases and stuff
>>
File: Sarcophagus.jpg (82KB, 475x467px) Image search: [Google]
Sarcophagus.jpg
82KB, 475x467px
>>1813534
I raise you one ruler as the Good Shepherd motif
>>
>>1813519
Forgive others so that we may be forgiven.
>>
File: 1458794514731.png (445KB, 626x458px) Image search: [Google]
1458794514731.png
445KB, 626x458px
>>1813439

1. Tax cuts for the wealthy
2. execution of criminals
3. no race-mixing
>>
>>1813439
Follow the doctrines of the Orthodox church.
>>
>>1813555
>>1813562
Neither of these are in the Gospels
>>
Man was created in the image of God, as a godlike entity in his own right for fellowship. Man having the option chose to break fellowship with God. Christ is the reconciliation that mends this. The teachings as otherwise stated are Harmony with God and among the children of men. The way of God is the opposite of man, man seeks self even when apparently for another it is still for self, the way of God and by extension the way of love is sacrifice.
>>
File: Lamb_P8160023.jpg (2MB, 2288x1712px) Image search: [Google]
Lamb_P8160023.jpg
2MB, 2288x1712px
>>1813547
A crook doth not a shepherd make.
>>
>>1813544
Jesus was warning against prayer consisting of repeating things by rote without any emotional engagement. Prayer is a conversation with God; you aren't conversing if you're just repeating things you've memorized.

That said, there's nothing wrong with using set prayers provided you supplement them with your own.
>>
>And you should not call yourselves “Father”, in the earth, for one is your Father who is in Heaven.

> The Lord said: "Woe to you Pharisees! You pay tithes of mint and of rue and of every garden herb, but you pay no attention to judgment and to love for God. These you should have done, without overlooking the others.
Woe to you Pharisees! You love the seat of honor in synagogues and greetings in marketplaces.
Woe to you! You are like unseen graves over which people unknowingly walk."
Then one of the scholars of the law said to him in reply, "Teacher, by saying this you are insulting us too."
And he said, "Woe also to you scholars of the law! You impose on people burdens hard to carry, but you yourselves do not lift one finger to touch them."
>>
>>1813439
to love them as you loved him.
>>
>>1813589
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust
>>
Wonder what he taught to his disciples in person.
>>
We really only do get very little about what he teaches in the Gospels. That's like trying to write about something in 3rd grade for an essay in college, rather than reading what you wrote about the experience in 3rd grade
>>
>>1813583
Legitimately confused how the Catholic Church justifies shit like hail Mary when this passage is pretty clear.
>>
>>1813800
Apparitions of Mary ask to pray the Rosary in repentence, worship God, in order to help restore the each individual of the world.
>>
>>1813806
So like that scene in star wars, she showed up and asked people to do something on conflict with the teachings of Jesus?
>>
>>1813813
More specific?
>>
>>1813439
Spread your cheeks.

Universal ethics (hence hated by Jews [sorta like Spinoza, huh?])
>>
>>1813829
>Repeating things you've memorized as a ritual instead of conversing with God
>conversing with God directly instead of asking saints for help to reach God's favor
None of these are compatible with Christ's sermons and teachings about prayer.

I'm not Christian by the way. Just utterly confused as to how this hasn't been reformed given that its pagan origins seem really clear.
>>
>>1813439
cuckoldry
>>
>>1813843
Well it isn't that the lined up prayer isn't a prescribed method, just throwing out the prayers in empty words is not what is taught but who knows we all have opinions. They are just as compatible as they aren't compatible and really depends on who is interpreting the information.
>>
>>1813852
OR like maybe Christianity needed a female role model to balance out patriarchy
>>
>>1813494

> Mark is an edit of Mark
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.