[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did everybody decide to stop speaking latin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: henry.png (2MB, 825x915px) Image search: [Google]
henry.png
2MB, 825x915px
why did everybody decide to stop speaking latin
>>
because fuck the pope and fuck you

t. heretic
>>
>>1812686
but there was like 1000+ years between the roman empire falling and protestation
>>
>>1812708
Protestantism*
>>
>>1812708
No one really stopped speaking Latin, it just changed into the Romance languages over time.
>>
they continued speaking latin its just that the language changed
>>
We german now boys. C 410 ad
>>
latin never existed, it's a fake language
>>
File: succturk.jpg (33KB, 443x380px) Image search: [Google]
succturk.jpg
33KB, 443x380px
Cause Turkic existed.
>>
>>1812753
>Turkic

Made up ethnicity.
>>
It just evolved over time with no Central government in Rome dictating how it should be spoken and written
>>
>>1812772
>>1812735
>>1812735
I think he doesn't mean old Latin, but how nobility, clergy, intelligentsia and generally educated people throughout Europe learnt Latin through all those centuries, right ?

Up to the renaissance many books and treaties were written in Latin, the mass was still done in Latin instead of vernacular, etc

Even to this day many top tier rich kids still learn Latin and Greek.

Personally i assume it's because of how translations became so good and widespread, at some point you didn't need to learn Latin to have access to culture anymore.
>>
>>1812681

Peasants is why.
>>
>>1812681
Germanic people fucked up Europe.
>>
French Revolution basically; they no longer ascribed to the language of the clergy and the academicians.
>>
>>1812897
>top tier rich kids
in europe still a lot of us learn latin... I didn't, i picked economics... but still...
>>
>>1813133
Depends. Only like 10% of the Dutch kids learn Latin; the other 90% are too dumb. With The Netherlands being one of the most developed countries in the EU, I doubt that a different European country has much higher percentages.
>>
>>1813133
So "a lot" is quite a bit overestimated.
>>
>>1812897
I'd guess it'd be the romantic and nationalist movements which kinda eliminated its need. That and the French revolution like >>1813108 said
>>
>>1812681
I think they got bored one day.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.