[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to Historical Foods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (428KB, 2256x1496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
428KB, 2256x1496px
What happened to Historical foods /his/? It seems like everything now is just processed shit and "new and modern" variations of old things.
Shit like Pemmican, Switchel and bone broth, etc.

I've made them myself and they are simple to make and tend to be delicious. So what happened? Did they get faded out? Just better alternatives?

Also general old time food thread
>>
>>1812563
Pemmican is processed food. We have other ways of making food not perishable now. We have clean purified tap water, but there's nothing preventing you from making switchel. Bone broth is literally just stock. You can buy it in a can or make it yourself. It hasn't gone anywhere and traditionally, and currently, it's frequently still made from scratch.
>>
>>1812563
>bone broth
is this what Americans call stock?
>>
I miss having fucking rocks in my bread.
>>
>>1812652
Apparently it's a pretentious foodie term for a specific kind of stock with a long simmer time.
>>
>>1812563
You mean processed foods for hipsters.
>>
>>1812563
Ugh why can't I buy hardtack at Walmart
>>
File: stockaverageeuropean.jpg (123KB, 957x1300px) Image search: [Google]
stockaverageeuropean.jpg
123KB, 957x1300px
>>1812563
>I've made them myself and they are simple to make and tend to be delicious. So what happened?

America. And it was a mistake.
>>
>>1812711
Pretty much yeah
>>
>>1812563
> It seems like everything now is just processed shit and "new and modern" variations of old things.
Leave america where everything comes from a box/can and see decent food?
>>
>>1812652

It's the faggot way of saying "stock." It's fucking annoying to actually read or see at all, honestly. I wish I could slaughter those that use it.
>>
>>1812971
>family grew up in Britain
>generations upon generations, passing down knowledge of cooking
>Grandmother passes on cookbooks and knowledge
>Mfw proper term is Bone Broth
>Mfw Amerifags get butthurt over proper name

So what's it living in a society that has no ties to its heritage and history?
>>
>>1812936
Been saving up for a trip somewhere. What place has the best food, along with the best historic locations?
>>
>>1813228
As a brazilian I'd say come to brazil. Not Rio de janeiro, brazil. But litreally dude anywhere that isn't america or brit (anglos in general). Europe is good (french """historical""" is 100% hill billy and the funny thing is Brazilian hillbillies developed similar methods and dishes but without cultural exchange, just because the problem was similar and the solution too. See confit and carne na lata). Asia is good too. I usually cook some chinese food to get into the mood because I'm learning chinese and it's quite tasty. Love those baozi
>>
File: salt pork.jpg (36KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
salt pork.jpg
36KB, 700x400px
>>1812563

Salted Pork always intrigued me as a kid. I guess I was a bit of a Age of Sail fag back in the day.

Victorian Kitchen was always comfy to watch.I wish they had more series going further back in time.
>>
>>1814976

Victorin Farm. oops.
>>
>>1814976

Oh shit, they have a a Tudor and Edwardian farm series.

Still Maybe examples of life in 19th century France, Germany and Italy would be cool.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga5JrN9DrVI
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.