[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /his/ what can you tell me about the Aztecs other than the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 05.jpg (1MB, 800x1030px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
1MB, 800x1030px
Hey /his/ what can you tell me about the Aztecs other than the human sacrifice stuff we all know about?

Like what kind of food did they eat? Where did they shit? What kind of sexuality and morals did they have? Was there class struggles in society? What system of governance did they have? Anything cool unusual about them?
>>
File: dreku.jpg (34KB, 419x354px) Image search: [Google]
dreku.jpg
34KB, 419x354px
>wanting to know more about an civilization that was as advanced as early bronze age Mesopotamia well into the 15th century
>>
>>1812349
>the human sacrifice stuff we all know about

What you "know" are probably the popular conceptions of it, which are wrong.
>>
>>1812379
Well it's a history board so yea, why not.

>>1812381
I know it was to supplement their sun god, so it could keep moving and have the strength to fight the underworld forces. And others for agricultural reasons. And that most of the sacrifices were POWs from the battlefield, some were slaves or special people like noble children, albinos etc. That's about all I know, what else am I missing?
>>
>>1812349
>Like what kind of food did they eat?
Corn, beans, tortillas, dogs, turkey's, and deer.

>Where did they shit?
in your mothers mouth

>What kind of sexuality and morals did they have?
they walked around half naked all the time.

>Was there class struggles in society?
they were basically commies

>What system of governance did they have?
idk some sort of tribal religious cheifdom,

>Anything cool unusual about them?
my peeps kicked their shit in with our shitty copper weapons
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarascan_state

interesting fact about Aztec human sacrifice: numbers range from over 200 thousand, to just a couple hundred sacrifices a year.
>>
Their capital, Tenochtitlan, was larger than all but a handful of cities at the time, with a population of about 300,000. It was located on an island in a lake, connected by a system of causeways. It had careful urban planning, with broad avenues and marketplaces, well-defined districts, and a massive temple complex that dwarfed anything the Spanish had seen back home.
>>
>>1812349

>classes
Top dogs were priests. But the artisans and traders were also big shots. Traders were probably not as highly praised, however.

>food and animals
The aztecs domesticated dogs and turkeys. That's about it. They did not realize the usefulness of the wheel, despite having knowledge of it since they had no animals to pull it and lived in mountaneous terrain. They ate lots of maize and turkey.
>>
File: sultan bin baba I.jpg (33KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
sultan bin baba I.jpg
33KB, 480x452px
>>1812412
I remember you, esé.
>>
>>1812379
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>1812428
these posts are fucking stupid.
>>
>>1812408
P'urepechas gone BTFO by Colima.
>>
>>1812424
On the contrary, traders were extremely valued in Aztec society, and the Triple Alliance employed a great number of them as spies and/or diplomats.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.