[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask an Atlantean anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: cro-magnon-atlantis-berber.jpg (128KB, 779x404px) Image search: [Google]
cro-magnon-atlantis-berber.jpg
128KB, 779x404px
Ask an Atlantean anything.
>>
File: succturk.jpg (33KB, 443x380px) Image search: [Google]
succturk.jpg
33KB, 443x380px
Merhaba, my turkic brother.

I thought your kind were wiped out after Tengri sunk your island?
>>
>>1811391
>to clusters news rivers and seashores
Wow this is fucking retarded.
>>
>>1811391
Hyperboreans are superior desu
still, is it true that atlantis was erisianist?
>>
Have you ever tried dteamed ham?
>>
>>1811427
*steamed
>>
File: 220px-Island-of-atlas.jpg (16KB, 220x189px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Island-of-atlas.jpg
16KB, 220x189px
>>1811408
That would imply that Atlantis was an island to begin with.
>>
Atlantis never existed.

It was a vehicle for Plato to explore his philosophical ideas.

Atlantis was probably inspired in the Minoan civilization which was a very advanced maritime civilization and historical evidence shows it was destroyed by a series of volcanic explosions. (Thera, Santorini)

The Minoans had clay piping and even their lowest classes could read and write in the 2000 BC, which made the Mycenaean antecesors of the Greeks seem almost like barbarians in comparison.

It's no wonder their strange society, long gone by the time Plato was writing, must have seemed utopian to the Greeks.
>>
>>1811437
>It was a vehicle for Plato to explore his philosophical ideas.

That statement would carry more weight if we didn't have sources about Atlantis predates socrates.
>>
>>1811437
>depicting one of the 100 hypothesis as the truth
Ok, my wiki warrior.
>>
>>1811446
People didn't have historical knowledge and books readily available in the ancient world. Most things spread by legend and word of mouth.

It's very likely that Atlantis the legend was inspired in Minoa the historical fact, the story of a prosperous maritime civilization that existed before the Greeks and was wiped out by volcanic activity and tsunamis being mutated into the legend of Atlantis, which Plato then latched onto to explore his ideas.

>>1811459
>100 hypothesis
Show me your hundred hypothesis and the evidence backing them meme warrior.

Or get your Ancient Astronauts History Channel-tier thread out of my /his/.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSx_0stJI0w
>>
>>1811485
>Show me your hundred hypothesis and the evidence backing them meme warrior.
You didn't anything but highly circumstantial evidence. High Culture and disappear all over history. The Minoans interesting as they are still existed after the eruption.
> which made the Mycenaean antecesors of the Greeks seem almost like barbarians in comparison
And yet they conquered the Minoans with ease.

Yes, it is highly possible that Plato describes the downfall of Atlantis according to the reports on the Santorini eruption. This however does not mean that Santorini was Atlantis especially since you chose to ignore the parts the description doesn't fit at all.

I mean yeah there are tons of other suggestion all with some probable evidence:
http://milos.conferences.gr/uploads/media/Conference_Programme.pdf
>>
>>1811485
>Or get your Ancient Astronauts History Channel-tier thread out of my /his/.
Oh and I actually am a historian and never watched the history channel. But nice projection there.
>>
>>1811532
>>1811552
I don't know why you are so mad most of those conferences seem to suggest a relation to the Minoan or early Egean Civilizations, in agreement to what I'm saying.

I will concede to you that the talk on the study of Tamil legends seems interesting though.
>>
>>1811437
If it was inspired by it, it was very loosely inspiration since the only things akrotiri shared with Atlantis are that it was rich and got partially sunked after an explosion
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.