[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was their problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

File: 1475944106070.png (434KB, 1186x889px) Image search: [Google]
1475944106070.png
434KB, 1186x889px
What the fuck was their problem?
>>
Only Marx and Merkel are questionable in that picture. Try again, my man. This is a board for history after all.
>>
>>1810739
Hitler is austrian.
>>
you can take the german out of the forest but you can't take the forest out of the german

germans never fully integrated the ideals of teh western christian greco-roman world
>>
Reminder that....
The papal states based its secular power on a lie ((Donation of Constantine))

Started wars out of greed for secular power

Destroyed the authority of the Holy Roman Emperor when it out of Greed contested their authority over Italy and ruined their system of administrating Bishops.

Used excommunication, a spiritual measure, to get secular power

Betrayed its allies in war ((Remember War of the League of Cambrai? The Papal states was the first ones to switch side))

Let the corruption in its church grow so vast that a violent reformation soon became inevitable

Had a cardinal, one of the very people responsible for electing a new pope, funding both Muslim Ottomans and Protestant Swedes to kill his fellow Catholics ((Cardinal Richelieu))

Used it's own Monks to perfect different methods of torture. May sound like a minor thing, but don't quite sound like the ideal things for men supposed to live like Jesus to spend their time on.
>>
File: 1474449396781.png (99KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
1474449396781.png
99KB, 249x250px
>>1810739
>Almost succeeded
>Almost
>>
File: Scandinavi.png (340KB, 1650x1950px) Image search: [Google]
Scandinavi.png
340KB, 1650x1950px
>>1810739
Alaric was swedish
>>
>>1811308
You forgot that the Patriarch of Rome totally fucked up Jesus' message by introducing a lot of contexts which are nowhere near the bible.
>>
>>1810739
Reminder that Martin Luther literally dindu nuffin. The Catholic church was a powderkeg of corruption just waiting to explode
>>
>>1811375
>using a map of 12the century kingdoms to express something about someone's ethnicity who lived in the 4th century
Are you teaching history? Cause, you should!
>>
>>1810739
>End of christendom
Catholicism isn't even christian to begin with
>>
>>1811387
This

Catholicism is the epitome of "religion ruined religion" argument
>>
>>1811381
This. People here are memeing and forget Hus, Savonarola, Karlstadt, Calvin etc.
>>
>>1811387
It's also empirically wrong since the Reformation is even the biggest Christian Schism.
>>
>>1811384
goths where geats wich where swedes.
Rome is rightfull swedish clay
>>
>>1811414
>goths where geats wich where swedes.
Source? Like a gothic map explaining their origin? Oh you just have vague ideas from Roman sources about their origin? What a surprise!
>>
>>1811156

Any historian worth their salt knows that Marx is as crucial to studying history as Berger, Lincoln, and Finke to religious societies

Something tells me you've never studied Marx outside of his Communist Manifesto
>>
>>1810739
>Roman Empire was already on it's way out.
>I don't agree with him, but I don't like the Catholic church either so neutral.
>Marx just had nice ideas, it's not his fault mass murderers and dictators in the future took advantage of it for their own agendas.
>Wilhelm was just upholding his alliances.
Literally none of them did anything wrong, except Hitler and to a much lesser extent Merkel.
>>
>>1811458
>Marx just had nice ideas, it's not his fault mass murderers and dictators in the future took advantage of it for their own agendas.
>nice ideas
>there is only one way in which the murderous death agonies of the old society and the bloody birth throes of the new society can be shortened, simplified and concentrated, and that way is revolutionary terror

It's not by Marx but both had a hard-on for revolutionary violence: https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1877/anti-duhring/index.htm

Lenin's theory had way more influence on those dictators though.
>>
>>1811375
>>1811384
>>1811414
>>1811434
Alaric was Polish
>>
>>1811479
Sure he was. Everyone knows how influential the Polish nation was in 400 AD:
>>
>>1811479
No, he was Chinese

Anyone can make shit up
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 789x789px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 789x789px
>>1811308
Destroyed the authority of whom?
>>
>>1810739
Karl Marx literally did nothing wrong wtf
>>
>>1811184
>germans never fully integrated the ideals of teh western christian greco-roman world

which nation integrated then?
>>
>crimes
gettin' spooky their pal.
>>
>>1811489
>Everyone knows how influential the Polish nation was in 400 AD:
They sacked Rome. :^)
>>
>>1811479
He was clearly a Turk, like Attila
>>
File: images (2).jpg (16KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
16KB, 208x242px
>>1810739
never forget
>>
>>1811778
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricimer

Germanic /=/ German
>>
>>1810739
Forgetting Ricimer and Arminius.
>>
>>1811595
Italy, France, Spain, UK, even USA to some degree
>>
A weak people marred with lack of intelligence and an inferiority complex which makes them easy to manipulate.
>>
>defeated by anglo-saxons

I wonder who's behind this pic
>>
File: we_wuz_vikings.jpg (8KB, 296x300px) Image search: [Google]
we_wuz_vikings.jpg
8KB, 296x300px
>>1811479
he was african
this is known
>>
>>1812590
Lol does it also enable to bend the world over every century
>>
>>1812659

More like destroy the world every other century like an angry retard who lashes out with their retard strength against the kids who laugh at him.
>>
Frederik II
Leibnitz
Kant
Nietzsche

No people have done as much for European culture than the Germans.
>>
>>1812725
>Nietzsche
>contributing to European culture
>>
ITT butthurt poles
>>
>>1811179

Which is German
>>
File: c18_douglass.jpg (447KB, 1247x861px) Image search: [Google]
c18_douglass.jpg
447KB, 1247x861px
>>1810739
>Karl Marx
He was African American though
>>
File: q1.png (252KB, 472x292px) Image search: [Google]
q1.png
252KB, 472x292px
>>1812725
THANK YOU GERMANY FOR SAVING EUROPE
>>
>>1812939
He's honestly one of the greatest things to come out of European culture.
>>
File: 312a721.jpg (84KB, 666x800px) Image search: [Google]
312a721.jpg
84KB, 666x800px
>>1810739
>shitty little infographic
>shitposting about le eternal teuton because its soooooooooo unfair that germany does well
>muuuuh refugees are killing yurope while the real shit is going on in belgium and france

Try harder Pavel.
>>
>>1813910
>muuuuh refugees are killing yurope while the real shit is going on in belgium and france

What's going on there? Did I miss something? Not OP either, just curious.
>>
>>1813914
The terrorist attacks including and after charlie hebdo.
>>
>>1813923
Ah, so I didn't miss anything. I thought you meant something was happening right now.
>>
>>1812951
Eh, Germanic, but close enough.
>>
>>1813910
>unfair that germany does well
But Germany literally fucks up every time, and fucks up everyone else at the same time, or at least tries to.
>>
>>1813950
Thats just not true. We had 70 years of peaceful post war development and even longer periods before WW1. Also all of you muh eternal krauts faggots are completely ignoring the history before WW1 essentially. You are now going to say but muh germany was responsible for WW1 which proves that you are not ready to have a reasonable debate about the geopolitical reasons for world war 1.
>>
>>1813971
>Austro-Hungary literally starts WWI

>THE GERMANS DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>1811443
What else is there to study about Marx besides his manifesto? Is anything else even relevant?
>>
>>1813973
>Austro-Hungary
>suddenly germany

Ok.

First of all i never said germany is innocent but this meme of muh sole responsibility is retarded. Also to equate austria-hungary with germany is even more retarded. I mean i could understand equating austria with germany but austria-hungary was a state with multiple ethnicities that had its own interests and was in no way just germany.
>>
>>1813993
In case you didn't notice we're not talking about Germany the country, but German(ic) peoples and their autistic need to constantly fuck up Europe.
>>
>>1814000
>muh autism of the germanic people
>Austria-Hungary starts WW1 because it is a multi-ethnic state and the "german autism" of panslavism threatens their pure germanic empire of slavs,bosniacs etc.

Ahhh wait. Thats the problem with you
>muh krauts people.

You come to a history board and desperately try to make the impression your /int/tier biases are somehow rooted in actual history.
>>
>>1814023
>>muh autism of the germanic people
They think digging a hole is fun. You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>1813991
Kapital.
>>
>>1813991
The manifesto is an irrelevant political pamphlet.
>>
>>1814029
And again /int/tier untrue biases.
>>
>>1813991
Capital in its entirety, all four volumes
You'll hate yourself but after that you'll be able to read anything
>>
>>1814023
Are you implying slavs had any say in declaring war against serbia?
>>
>>1814058
No but it would have hardly been a world war if russia wouldn't have backed serbia due to panslavism. I am not saying the ultimatum was justified but i would wager that the russian empire would have reacted in a similiar way when faced with a comparable situation. For anachronistic empires an attack on the royal family was something even more significant than 9/11.
>>
>>1814058
Given their exuberance in doing so, I'd say it's irrelevant.
>>
>>1814086
Also its foolish to assume A-H was a monolithic totalitarian state. The slavs that collaborated with the monarchy certainly had their influence.
>>
>>1814117
And even if they did not, does not change how eager everyone was to fuck Serbia.
Man, were it not for the later Yugoslavian wars, people wouldn't be so hard on the Serbs these days.
>>
>>1810739
France and England started the World War by declaring war on Germany. Germany dindu nuthin.

And the Kingdom of Servia, backed by the Empire of Russia, started the other World War by murdering the Inspector General Franz Ferdinand of Austrio-Hungary.
>>
>>1814077
>For anachronistic empires an attack on the royal family was something even more significant than 9/11
No it wasn't. A-H didn't give a shit about Franz Ferdinand, the political establishment was glad to see him gone. It was just a handy excuse to settle accounts with Serbia
>>
>>1811458
>>Wilhelm was just upholding his alliances.
>threaten ally to go to war then escalate war to a world war
>upholding alliances
>>
>>1814139
>the political establishment was glad to see him gone
>the same political establishment that heavily relied on the monarchy being viewed as something invulnerable that is above the problems of the time

Having a member of the royal family shot by a nationalist was political dynamite, especially because nationalism was already a huge problem. This whole thing questioned the legitimacy of A-H as a whole despite the fact that the establishment was opposed tom Franz Ferdinand.
>>
>>1814152
>threaten ally to go to war then escalate war to a world war

Not true. The germans gave unconditional support which was a foolish move but A-H started the war because of its own motivations.
>>
>>1814154
Kek, nobody viewed the monarchy as literally physically invulnerable.

This:
>Having a member of the royal family shot by a nationalist was political dynamite
Does not logically follow from this:
>nationalism was already a huge problem
If anything a member of the royal family being killed by a nationalist would strengthen the monarchy, because people still felt sympathetic for them and it would bring nationalism into disrepute.

Look at what the A-H government was actually saying in July 1914. Berchtold, Conrad, etc. were not talking about how they needed to avenge the death of Franz Ferdinand. They were talking about how to exploit this situation to crush Serbia once and for all. Some of them like Conrad had been calling for this to be done on several occasions in the past.
>>
>>1814175
>Kek, nobody viewed the monarchy as literally physically invulnerable.

Thats not what i am saying. Invulnerable as an institution. And that was in question because of the assasination. People don't think the US president is invulnerable but if he would be killed by terrorists it would be destabilizing.

>If anything a member of the royal family being killed by a nationalist would strengthen the monarchy, because people still felt sympathetic for them and it would bring nationalism into disrepute.

A significant part of the population viewed A-H as illegitmate oppressors and these people were encouraged by the death of franz ferdinand. The ones who were in favor of the monarchy on the other hand were demoralized because not even franz ferdinand is safe from the terror.

>Look at what the A-H government was actually saying in July 1914. Berchtold, Conrad, etc. were not talking about how they needed to avenge the death of Franz Ferdinand. They were talking about how to exploit this situation to crush Serbia once and for all. Some of them like Conrad had been calling for this to be done on several occasions in the past.

Iraqi Freedom had other motives than 9/11 and WMDs but thats how it was sold. I am not denying the hawks of A-H had some scores to settle but even that is due to the fact that the existence of serbia as an independent slavic kingdom made the nationalism in A-H worse.
>>
>>1813939
Austrians saw themselves as German until after World War 2
>>
>>1814210
>And that was in question because of the assasination

How so?

>these people were encouraged by the death of franz ferdinand. The ones who were in favor of the monarchy on the other hand were demoralized because not even franz ferdinand is safe from the terror

This may sound plausible, but where is the proof?

>I am not denying the hawks of A-H had some scores to settle but even that is due to the fact that the existence of serbia as an independent slavic kingdom made the nationalism in A-H worse

Okay, no one is denying that nationalism was a problem for A-H, so this doesn't really respond to what I was saying at all.

The fact remains, if you look at what Berchtold, Conrad, Hoyos were saying they didn't care about Franz Ferdinand, they just thought his assassination a good excuse to beat up Serbia.
>>
>>1813939
no german
austria was a part of bavaria originally and the name Austria literally means east country as it was the easternmost of the Holy roman states
the only reason it wasnt apart of the german empire was the fact it was its own major power and as >>1814213 says they saw themselves as german until after ww2
>>
>>1812725
Leibnitz is the only worthy one on your list.
>Frederick II
A "great" commander, who was only good at beating garbage Austrians and other Germans and who got completely reckt by Pyotr Saltykov AKA "literally who".
>Kant
Useless autistic garbage.
>Nietzsche
Useless autistic garbage. To his credit, he hated Germans with passion.
>>
File: eternalkrauter.jpg (88KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
eternalkrauter.jpg
88KB, 853x480px
Germans never left their tribal, war-like nature in the 1st century.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.