[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/int/craft Historical RP Server - intcraft.online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

/int/craft 300BC is launching on the 23th of September
* IP Address: intcraft.online
* Server Version: 1.8.8 (any client from 1.8, 1.9 or 1.10 can join the server.)
* Chien's World Map cropped to Eurasia
* Towny, Brewery, meme recipes, word filter and more..

RP and General Rules
Contrary to previous iterations we will now state the actual rules for the server in a clear way, pre-launch. In theory, as always, there is only one rule: Don’t be a shitter. If you follow this set of rules, you are thereby not a shitter and you are in theory allowed to do what you want on Intcraft, and it will be up to the server population and community to put an end to their own disputes.

Roleplay

1. Building a town/nation must be historically accurate for that location given the current time (300bc-300ad)
2. Buildings do not have to be 100% accurate, variations are allowed. But no memes.
3. Towns do not have to be exactly in the same geographical location as they were, but it should be in the same general area.
4. If you only want to pvp, find a pvp server
5. If you only want to buildfag, join a nation or get gud.
6. Nations can spread through conquest or diplomacy, but no Atlantic Federation tier memes.
7. Towns must be in a nation (within 24 hours of its creation)

General Rules

1. No spam
2. No hacking
3. No advertising
4. No betraying
5. No alt accounts
6. No advertising /int/craft to unapproved boards/sites
7. No talking about Anime
>>
File: 2015-11-16_10.37.37.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-16_10.37.37.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
Daily reminder that goths are the enemies of the free world.
>>
File: 2016-10-10_16.16.45.png (703KB, 1920x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-10_16.16.45.png
703KB, 1920x1005px
>Goths end total Greco-Roman monopoly ensuring the possibility of a free world
>Goths are between Huns and small European nations
>""enemies of the free world""
wew lad
also wood > stone
>>
File: norge 4.jpg (169KB, 1901x970px) Image search: [Google]
norge 4.jpg
169KB, 1901x970px
>tfw your harvesting routine includes breaking ice
>>
>>1807301
>7. No talking about Anime
The fuck is this shit
>>
File: 1474339233134.jpg (8KB, 211x193px) Image search: [Google]
1474339233134.jpg
8KB, 211x193px
These threads make me sad because of the potential of how rad it could be.

What it COULD be:

>Nations form based on their strengths and locations-one will have fucktarded amounts of iron for equipment industry, one horses, one food, and so on
>Coastal nations can control a lot of trade or travel if they have claimed lands around the coast
>Landlocked nations will have roads and forts
>Nations will war each other based on having something to actually gain from controlling each other-one might conquer another for easy food or industrial resources
>Government and "politics" with players meeting to talk shit at a formal level

What it ACTUALLY is:
>Everyone just figures out where everything is then finds a way to reproduce those resources at their base
>"aesthetic" buildings and then memewalls surrounding them
>constant memes and cancer in chat
>Two big factions emerge: Admin team and Memeraiders
>Buildfags build a town then vanish forever
>Memeraiders randomly kill people, trade is defunct, it's just a deathmatch
>>
File: 1469382750807.png (386KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
1469382750807.png
386KB, 667x670px
>>1810890
I remember an older one, maybe 2 or 3 iterations ago, seeming to be on the edge of actually being a cool nation sim shit.

There was essentially a little faction in Ireland which was largely involved in a lot of the other politics but they made a nice village and had a fuck tonne of food, wool and horses.

Eventually they created a port, and agreed to trade with other nations. Everyone treated them like walled-up barbarians but soon enough they supplied my town with most of our food while we were fighting another town, and supplied everyone with wool of any colour.

They lasted a long time until the leader went missing and memeraiders destroyed their shit.
>>
Can I join you? Is the server pirate-friendly?
>>
>>1807301

Is Antarctica on the map? Is it habitable?
>>
>>1810911
this desu
>>
>>1810890
The annoying part is that a lot of the infrastructure for that kind of gameplay is there. I remember I set up a kingdom in North-West India once(Punjab + Kashmir). It was pretty small mostly because /int/ poo memes drove most people away. I remember mining and finding ridiculous amounts of Lapis. More lapis I'm sure, than anywhere else. Now if there was actually a use for lapis there could be something to gain. Instead I just made blocks that I adorned on the walls of my fort. I had 3 or 4 forts throughout my country, and I had a road to each one. Another person came along and after a while of being neighbors we joined our two nations together.

The problem was that there was nothing to do. People talked about diplomacy on the forums, but there was none. This was no consequence of being somewhat isolated(though I'm sure that helped). People simply turned to war or fighting all the time. There was no such thing as treaties or the like. Trade was nonexistant because people thought it was easier and safer to get stuff on their own. Memeraiders would randomly slaughter whole towns of newfags, and leave.

Personally I feel like the server doesn't do enough to encourage an interesting game. They allow memeraiders to thrive even though killing a bunch of people is effectively a declaration of war. That's not to say that I don't want people fighting, in fact I'd love groups of bandits or pirates or nomads raiding areas. But when the whole premise of your game that you advertised as a civilization "simulator" is actually just building, fighting, and repeat, then there is a problem.

And they wonder why a single iteration will barely last more than 4-6 weeks if even that much.
>>
File: 1470396690887.png (5KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
1470396690887.png
5KB, 291x317px
>>1811235
I know.
They have this huge, wonderful map.

I know memeforests can be fucking annoying but if claimed they work as excellent natural barriers and borders.
The potential is great and could be one of the best "simulate a bunch of nations" game around.
Reasons involving the world can be:

>Forests will SEVERELY slow down attackers
>Rivers make a good defending point
>Time and place makes a huge difference in fights

Trade could be great, if they figure out a way for certain nations to struggle for certain items.
There's really hardly a limit to possibilities of cool shit to happen, and personally I feel admins need to enforce more world-interactivity to keep newfags around or else they just feel intimidated/bored and leave.
>>
>>1811235
what a bullshit Carthage and Rome had a shitton of actual diplomacy
>>
>>1811235
Literally all they'd need to do to prevent this is remove the ability to attack townspeople in towns you're not at war with.
>>
>>1812090
that is true, seconded
>>
File: taymyr.jpg (434KB, 1907x1006px) Image search: [Google]
taymyr.jpg
434KB, 1907x1006px
>>1807301

>he thinks rule #7 ever followed
>>
>Literally got all our rares stolen by some nigger who joined the town just to steal everything

This server is doomed to forever be shit.
>>
>>1813352
>he allows free citizenship
That was your own fault, should have had him conscripted and participate in a war first, and made sure he was supervised.
>>
>>1813352
>nok
>having anything in the first place
>>
>>1813352
Report who did it for reps and bans.
Read the rules.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.