[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Judaism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 8.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>judaism focuses on the here and now instead of waiting for a savior to save them

>judaism has a culture based on studying, knowledge preservation, and personal interpertation on religious text

>judaism is relatively conservative but not in the same tier as Islam

Is judaism the best of the abrahamic religions? It seems in Christianity, many people wait for salvation even if it won't come in their lifetimes, and that in Islam, it seems like a religion designed to pump out worker/soldier bees.
>>
>>1806715
>Is judaism the best
no, that's subjective and subjectivity is not history nor humanities

here's your (you)
>>
>>1806715

It's the oldest so it has evolved the furthest. Of the three it's probably the most compatible with the modern world, but not nearly as much as Buddhism is.
>>
>>1806753
>compatible with the modern world
>autistic fucktards like the Haredim that live on subsistence and follow an OCD religion that doesn't permit them to turn on the TV on saturday and requires them to prepare all their food in a comically autistic fashion
>>
>>1806766

that's way more compatible than some of the more extreme versions of Islam or even christianity. You calling it "autistic" means nothing when you're comparing it to a religion that is known to do things like fast for a month (islam) or eastern spiritual religions which can be trippy
>>
>>1806766

Yes it has throwback fanatic but most Jews are atheists and don't consider any part of their texts to be in conflict with science.
>>
>>1806715
Yes, you finally figured it out!
>>
>>1806785
It is autistic and so outdated it follows retarded dietary laws suited for bronze age nomadic pastoralists. There is absolutely no reason not to eat pork in modern day because it simply doesn't pose the health risks it did in 1200 BC.

And look at this and try telling me judaism isn't OCD: the religion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activities_prohibited_on_Shabbat

>>1806788
>judaism is the best religion because many Jews are atheists

Next time, think before you post.
>>
>>1806804
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activities_prohibited_on_Shabbat

and islam and christianity are somehow more compatible than it? both Christianity and especially Islam forbids eating pork, even though most Christians and Jews don't really follow it.
>>
Isn't a lot of their theology focused on the World to Come?
Though they do have the "healing the world" thing.
>>
>>1806825
Yes. The worst thing about Christianity I can think of is fasting during Lent, it doesn't have cyclopean autism like not being able to extinguish a fire on saturday.

Even Jesus actually talked about how monumentally impractical this autism is since it fucks with everyday activities, see Luke 14:5.
>>
>>1806715
>instead of waiting for a savior to save them
No it doesn't, the Messiah is heavily emphasized, especially in Hasidic Judaism. One of the main goals of following Jewish law is to prepare for the Messiah's coming. t. former Jew
>>
>>1806825
Christianity abolished the whole pork thing, unless you are an adventist with their whole "we are special snowflake semi-jews"
>>
It's a racial creed rather than a religion

Also everything you wrote is wrong, the original messiamisn was invented by jews

And i wouldn't exactly call commandments on how to piss or which direction to walk in on certain days "focussing on the here and now", it's rather autistic instead
>>
& Jews
>>
>>1806715
I always wanted to convert to Judaism

but I don't really want to go Kosher.
>>
>>1806766
>Christianity isn't compatible with the modern world because of the Amish!!!!!
>>
>>1809219
just convert to reform judaism
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.